Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   If Greg Oden Wasnt Taken #1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45968)

Interminator 06-18-2007 09:57 PM

If Greg Oden Wasnt Taken #1

Would Seattle Actually Take Him

That Would Mean:
Robert Swift(First Round Pick)
Johan Petro(First Round Pick)
Saer Sene(First Round Pick)
Chris Wilcox(A Young Beast)
Nick Collison(Very Good Power Foward)

Too Much!

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-18-2007 09:58 PM

Re: If Greg Oden Wasnt Taken #1

what kind of question is this?

because they have 3 project scrub centers and 2 good frontcourt guys they will pass on a possible franchise player?

RecSpecs110 06-18-2007 09:58 PM

It would mean one small step closer to the Nets getting him.

YaoMacBat11 06-18-2007 09:59 PM

If he wasn't taken number 1, which he should. than seattle would have lots of bigs to trade, and in todays nba they'd be very valuable, so I'm sure they could get something out of any of those. Probably wouldn't see them trade collison or wilcox though

bigkingsfan 06-18-2007 09:59 PM

Dout it, Oden will slide like Brady Quinn, everyone has a elite center these days.

Xplicit 06-18-2007 09:59 PM

Would you turn down a Lamborghini just because you have a Honda Accord and a couple of Kia Sorentos in the garage? :roll:

The Answer 06-18-2007 09:59 PM

Of course. Greg Oden will not go second, let alone third. The other scrubs can be used as trading bait.

Aussie Dunker 06-18-2007 10:02 PM

id probably pass on Oden if i were seattle...

R.Swift >> Oden

Fudge 06-18-2007 10:06 PM

2 of those guys hardly play (Sene and Petro). Plus, Swift has been injured all-season, doubt he'll get back to full form - Even if they do have all those Centers? They're gonna pass on one of the projected dominant big men in the future? Ok.

Lebron23 06-18-2007 10:06 PM

He will be the consensus no.1 over all pick..

XxNeXuSxX 06-18-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
He will be the consensus no.1 over all pick

no wai, ware did u here thiss?!!?

kumquat 06-18-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplicit
Would you turn down a Lamborghini just because you have a Honda Accord and a couple of Kia Sorentos in the garage? :roll:

:oldlol:

Robert Swift =

junkifunki 06-18-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator

That Would Mean:

Too Much!

Why do you mention "First Round Pick" as if that has any bearing on whether they'd draft Oden? If you're a GM and you really have second thoughts about taking Oden because of this, then you don't deserve to be a damn GM. Being a first rounder means squat.. there are more busts in the first round than there are good players. Good GM's know when to cut their losses...

Passing on a franchise player to draft a need will cripple your franchise. Bowie over Jordan ring a bell? Never draft on needs when there are two dynamite players named Oden and Durant in the draft... I don't care if you have Shaq, Duncan, and KG as your frontline. If Oden is there, you take him. PERIOD.

bigkingsfan 06-18-2007 10:12 PM

I can't believe the majority of you guys are taking this thread seriously. :ohwell:

Human Error 06-18-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator

That Would Mean:

Too Much!

By far the stupidiest thing I've ever read here. And you know that tells a lot, because I've been posting here since March 2001.

You mean, you wouldn't take Shaq because you already have Joe Kleine, Danny Schayes and Mark West?

I personally think that this thread is a joke because a rational human being can't be this stupid, but you were serious, you need some professional help.