Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Predict the starting five next season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46020)

Silverbullit 06-19-2007 03:16 AM

Predict the starting five next season

Guys, let's predict the starting five for the next season:

My prediction, very surprising:

Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Erick Dampier

No significant trade happens this summer!

What's your prediction?

-primetime- 06-19-2007 11:13 PM

Re: Predict the starting five next season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullit
Guys, let's predict the starting five for the next season:

My prediction, very surprising:

Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Erick Dampier

No significant trade happens this summer!

What's your prediction?

I have no reason to believe you are wrong here...

this is the lineup I would like to see though:

Terry
Harris
Howard
Garnett
Damp

Silverbullit 06-20-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -primetime-
I have no reason to believe you are wrong here...

this is the lineup I would like to see though:

Terry
Harris
Howard
Garnett
Damp

Why do you want KG for Dirk? Don't you believe the Mavs could win a title with Dirk but with KG?

thegamefritz 06-20-2007 05:35 AM

MAVS will not be the same if there is no DIRK.

Dirk is one of those rare superstars who keeps his feet on the ground, I mean look at those superstars with big heads because they know that they are elite but Dirk is not like that.

KG is a great player might be Tantamount or may be a little bit, hairline more better than Dirk, may be because -attitude wise in his leadership, and there may be many critics about Dirk's game but I know and I trust that He can Mavs can win championship with Dirk. Where The hell on earth can you find a 7 foot complete player who can shoot the 3's. KG can shot but not as consistent as Dirk esp. beyond the arc.

Projected ROSTER

Harris/Telfair/Anthony Johnson
Pierce/Buckner
Howard/Stachouse
Dirk/Marc Gasol
Magloire/Diop

BigAl 06-21-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegamefritz

Pierce/Buckner
Howard/Stachouse
Dirk/Marc Gasol
Magloire/Diop

Anthony Johnson?

Here is what I think:

PG: Harris/Blake/Barea
SG: Stackhouse/Terry/Ager
SF: Howard/Mason
PF: Dirk/Pops/Glen Davis
C: Diop/Damp/Mbenga

What I would like to see:

PG: Harris/Blake/Barea
SG: Howard/Stackhouse/#60
SF: Wallace/Mason
PF: Dirk/Pops/Tiago Splitter
C: Diop/Damp/Mbenga

Trade 2 second round picks (34 and 50) to get up in the 20's range and grab Tiago Splitter.

With pick number 60 take either Trey Johnson/DJ Strawberry/Ron Lewis

Move Terry/Buckner in a sign and trade to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace.

Move Ager plus the MLE for Desmond Mason.

Use the LLE for Blake

Resign Stackhouse using the 'Bird Exception'

Silent Mav 06-21-2007 07:44 PM

Big Al, while it would be nice, I only see resigning Stack and Strawberry at 60 as having a chance of happening.

I don't think picks 34 and 50 are enough to get in the range to get Splitter. At least not in this draft.

Charlotte has a ton of cap space and probably isn't going to let Wallace go. Besides they already have a young undersized pg they like in Felton. Do they even want Jet?

Hornets have said they plan to resign Mason unless he wants too much. MLE and Ager are less than what he's making now. Unless a miracle happens and Mason wants to take a pay cut to come back to Texas. They got rid of J.R Smith, who Ager isn't even as good as. So I don't see them being interested.

Denver has no other pg besides AI, they are looking to keep Blake at this point. I think it's going to take more than the LLE to get him.

I really have no idea right now what they are going to do about the sg situation. So I'll cop out and give this lineup for the moment.

Harris
? / Howard
Howard / ?
Dirk
Diop (though I wouldn't be surprised to see Damp get it to keep him from pouting)

soog 06-21-2007 10:39 PM

personally id like to see a big push for a good big man. Ideally id love to see a damp+howard+? for jermain oneal. dont think its realistic but i think its very doable if indiana does move him they'll want to send him to the other conference, we do have the trade goods, just dont think we'd be willing to part with them. still have 3 second rounders i believe and a trade exception.

but you can't tell me it wouldn't be nice to have this for a line up:

harris/terry/barea
terry/buck/ager
stack/george
dirk/george/pops
oneal/diop/mbenga

also love the idea of goin for wallace if we have to lose jho. I'd give up a terry, or buck+george+second round or something else. still have the option of resigning crosh (i always liked him as an 8th or 9th man off the bench), also got MLE and LLE.

harris/terry/barea
terry/stack/ager
wallace/stack/MLE
dirk/oneal/LLE/pops
oneal/diop/mbenga

again all unlikely, i see very little change, probably just pick up another pg and pf with MLE and LLE

Silent Mav 06-21-2007 11:43 PM

It's going to be tough to use George in any of the scenarios. He's opted out and is a free agent. The Mavs don't have Bird rights so all he can get from them is a 20% raise. Odds of using him in a sign and trade are very slim.

soog 06-21-2007 11:49 PM

he opted out... man... didn't know that. that's a real disappointment for me. I loved that guy.

thegamefritz 06-22-2007 02:28 AM

C'mmon guys..
Why do we need to trade JHO? or why the hell on earth will we get JO? in expense for JHO? although JO would be a big help and We'd love to have him but we can sign an MLE for a center and we can have a good shot in the draft to get an equally good PF or a center-say PAU GASOL'S younger Bro Marc Gasol-he is decent PF/C- he will be a good back up, or draft "BIG BABY" GLEN DAVIS there are still plenty of BIG'S in the draft with potentials and will do okay as a back up say Kyrylo Fesenko 7-0 240 PF/C Ukr. 1986.

We should use our asset players as TRADING BAITS- many would surely love to have JET OR HARRIS on their team although I would rather stick on HARRIS coz he is still young and still got a bright future. WE can trade 1 of them plus a DUMBPIER or Diop, better if we loose DUMBPIER so that we can get rid of his big contract then add buck or sign and trade CRoshere.

We can go for big guards that can take over the game in case Dirk Succumbed under pressure.. or just to take the heavy load from Dirk

#1 in the list should be "the truth" PAUL PIERCE. Boston are in a rebuilding mode and they need a veteran PG to guide them -fits well for TERRY plus they would love to have a Center that can compensate big AL.
and for sure they want to get rid on the failure sebastian Telfair.

in this case the roster would be

PG-HARRIS/TELFAIR/BAREA
SG-PIERCE/AGER
SF-HOWARD/STACKHOUSE
PF-NOWITZKI/MARC GASOL OR GLEN DAVIS or KYRYLO FESENKO
C-(MLE)MAGLOIRE/ DIOP or DUMBPIER/MBENGA

#2 COREY MAGGETTE- he is already unhappy with the team, and would love to transfer to a championship caliber team. they need a PG to replace the aging SAM Cassel and the failure Shawn Livingston- Although in this case, they would surely go for Harris. I would Sacrifice Harris for as Long as a TIM THOMAS or another player will be on the package. say trade HARRIS, DUMBPIER or DIOP, CROSHERE OR BUCK PLUS #50 and 60 PICK for MAGGETTE and TIM THOMAS

ROSTERS:

PG-TERRY/BAREA/LLE PG
SG-MAGGETTE/STACKHOUSE/AGER
SF-HOWARD/TIM THOMAS
PF-NOWITZKI/MARC GASOL or GLEN DAVIS or KYRYLO FESENKO
C-(MLE)MAGLOIRE/DIOP or DUMBPIER

in this case both MAGGETTE AND TIM THOMAS can play 2 positions. MAGGETTE SG/SF-THOMAS-SF/PF/ even C. he played Center at PHOENIX before

#3 RICKY DAVIS Although RICKY DAVIS is not on the same caliber as PIERCE and MAGGETTE but still RICKY DAVIS can play at the wing. Minnesota would surely welcome JET as an addition especially now that they already traded mike james. TERRY would bring same impact as SAM CASSEL before. but in this case if I were to ask for a trade, I will ask more in return also..
say..
JET, DUMBPIER-never DIOP, and BAREA plus #50-60 picks for RICKY DAVIS, MARK BLOUNT and TROY HUDSON

ROSTERS:

PG-HARRIS/HUDSON/LLE PG
SG-DAVIS/MLE SG/AGER
SF-HOWARD/STACKHOUSE
PF-NOWITZKI/ PF-NOWITZKI/MARC GASOL or GLEN DAVIS or KYRYLO FESENKO
C-MAGLOIRE???/(MLE)/DIOP/MBENGA/BLOUNT

although in this mavs need not to sign a MLE center coz BLOUNT can play Center. MLE in this case will be a SG Say a Keyon Dooling or GRANT HILL??? hehe :)

Well its all up to the MAVS org anyways all we can do here is express our opinions. but the thing is.. MAVS NEEDS TO UPGRADE THEIR ROSTER AND THEY NEED TO BE VERY ACTIVE THIS OFF SEASON.

kazaks 06-22-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegamefritz
MAVS will not be the same if there is no DIRK.

Dirk is one of those rare superstars who keeps his feet on the ground, I mean look at those superstars with big heads because they know that they are elite but Dirk is not like that.

KG is a great player might be Tantamount or may be a little bit, hairline more better than Dirk, may be because -attitude wise in his leadership, and there may be many critics about Dirk's game but I know and I trust that He can Mavs can win championship with Dirk. Where The hell on earth can you find a 7 foot complete player who can shoot the 3's. KG can shot but not as consistent as Dirk esp. beyond the arc.

Projected ROSTER

Pierce/Buckner
Howard/Stachouse
Dirk/Marc Gasol
Magloire/Diop

Yes, if this was their lineup next year, then they would be the Champs for sure.
But who are you saying they're trading to get Pierce? Terry and Damp for him? That really isnt enough.

kazaks 06-22-2007 12:13 PM

Most likely Dallas probably isnt going to make any blockbuster trades, but if any trade goes down it will probably involve either Damp, Harris, or Terry.

thegamefritz 06-26-2007 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazaks
Yes, if this was their lineup next year, then they would be the Champs for sure.
But who are you saying they're trading to get Pierce? Terry and Damp for him? That really isnt enough.

Not just JET or HARRIS PLUS A DUMPIER PLUS sign and trade CROSHERE and Ager plus 2 future 1st rounds then tons of ash from CUBAN..

for sure the leprechaun will agree to trade his gold named PAUL PIERCE with that offer.

Silent Mav 06-26-2007 09:19 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:07 PM CDT on Monday, June 25, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

For the moment, the Mavericks have Moe Ager 每 seldom-used and unproven as a rookie last season 每 penciled into their starting lineup.

That's because they don't know for sure the status of two of their swingmen 每 Jerry Stackhouse and Devean George.

Both of those situations will be resolved in the next week. George's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Monday he will meet with his client in the coming days to figure out whether George will exercise his option for a second season with the Mavericks at $2.16 million. The other option is to terminate the deal and become an unrestricted free agent.

"Devean loved it in Dallas and he loved playing for Avery Johnson," Bartelstein said. "But as we all know, this is a business."

The Mavericks will wait for the decision. Early on, it was believed George wanted to come back to the Mavericks. But the lure of free agency is tough to pass up.

Stackhouse's situation is slightly clearer. The sixth man becomes an unrestricted free agent Sunday, meaning he can sign anywhere in the league.

However, only two teams will have significant money under the salary cap and neither Charlotte nor Atlanta makes much sense for Stackhouse, who can still score with the best of them but doesn't fit the profile for building or rebuilding teams like the Bobcats and Hawks.

Since it is unlikely anyone will be able to offer Stackhouse more than the mid-level salary exception (expected to be roughly $6 million), the Mavericks figure to be able to offer him more than anybody else.

Assuming neither side comes in with unrealistic expectations, a middle ground likely will be found quickly after the free-agent period opens. Teams are prohibited from discussing specific free agents until Sunday.

"There's so many free agents, plus people want to see what the cap number is and all that stuff," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said. "There are a lot of variables. A lot of guys really deserve the mid-level or higher and there's not that much money to go around. So it'll be interesting to see what happens. And we're always there to scoop them up and write the checks."

It is unlikely the status of either Stackhouse or George 每 or any free agents the Mavs may pursue from other teams 每 will have an impact on Thursday's draft. The Mavericks, with three second-round picks (34, 50 and 60), are likely to take at least one and perhaps two international players who likely would play next season in Europe.

Trade winds: In advance of the draft, trade speculation is heating up and one of the names mentioned frequently is Greg Buckner. Cuban and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson each acknowledged that numerous teams have inquired about Buckner.

It's possible the Mavericks may be considering packaging Buckner with one or more of their second rounders to move up in the draft.

"Everybody's going to be talking until the draft," Cuban said. "And once they make their decisions, they fall in love with who they think they might be able to get. Then guys fall into the second round and people are going to be making all these great offers to get No. 34 and No. 50 and even No. 60.

"That's just the way it works. Just like last year and the year before. By being patient we got guys that we never thought we could get."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.2fd9414.html

Looks like the earlier information about George already opting out is wrong. Will someone offer him more money? And if they don't will he be the player we had before his knee injury?

ilovetoplayball 06-26-2007 11:27 AM

cuban wouldnt trade dirk if he got an offer of kobe, kg, and nash.
and to be in bed with beyonce. he loves him to much