Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Rockets are interested in PF Varejao (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46064)

A-MATT 06-19-2007 02:21 PM

The Rockets are interested in PF Varejao

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/17387532.htm

Third, the teams with open salary-cap space -- Milwaukee, Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta and Memphis -- aren't obvious fits for Varejao. That means if he wants a deal worth more than the midlevel exception ($5.5 million), it might happen only in a sign-and-trade. The Cavs don't have to cooperate, so it might be a standoff.

Nonetheless, several teams figure to be interested in bidding on Varejao. According to league sources, one of them is expected to be the Houston Rockets, who are looking to get more athletic and are overhauling their power forward spot.

L.Kizzle 06-19-2007 04:20 PM

Re: The Rockets are interested in PF Varejao

Chuck Hayes and Anderson?

Q.E.C 06-19-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Chuck Hayes and Anderson?

lol, if they had them two out on the court at the same time we would get all the rebounds.

el_locoteee 06-20-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
lol, if they had them two out on the court at the same time we would get all the rebounds.

And with battier, Cuck and Anderson all playing together that will be a Charge party nobody will even attempt to drive into the paint.

pishenis 06-20-2007 07:51 PM

With Yao, Mike James and T-Mac on the team Varej„o dont have to take any shots. So its a good fit.
And imagine Battier and Varej„o together, I agree with el_locoteee, it would be a Charge party. Too bad Vun Gundy is gone, with him this duo would make a hell of a defense...

CAYO 06-21-2007 01:49 PM

If We Get Varejao Its Like Drafting In The Top Ten Varejao Its Very Similar To Joakim Noah.
Anderson Varejao Is Perfect For The Rockets, He Has Good Size (6-10) For A 4 Also Can Play The 5, Plays With Alot Of Energy,good Defense And Can Improve His Offensive Game.

I Also Like Andray Blatche (6-11)from The Wizards, He Is A Almost The Same Size As Varejao But 4 Years Younger With More Upside And Channing Frye (6-11)he May Be Avalible In A Trade.

There Are Rumors Of The Cavs And Mavs Having A Deal Involving Varejao And Other Players For Jason Terry If This Does Not Happen The Cavs May Have To Choose Between Pavlovic Or Varejao Pavlovic Is Also A Restricted Free Agent The Two Players May Ask For Contract Like 6 Millions For Five Years That May Be Two Much For The Cavs .but If The Rockets Can Not Add Varejao They Should Draft Sean Williams 6-10 Pf He Is What We Need A Power Forward That Likes To Play Defense Last Year He Had 2 Games Over 11 Blocks Thats Sick ,i Know He Has Problems But Being From Houston And Having His Mother Near Should Help He May Not Be Drafted By The Rockets Cuz What Happen With Eddie Griffin But If Sean Williams Its There At 26 They Better Choose Him.i Want Both Williams And Varejao .

We Need A 4 That Can Play Defense If We Dont Have A Power Forward That Plays Good Defense We Have No Chanse Even If We Have 2 Superstars. Almost Every Team Best Player Its A Four Garnett,duncan,boozer,randolph,nowitzki,stoudamire ,howard,okaford,bosh,gasol,wallace,j.oneal,brand,a .jefferson,nene,kmartin,cvillanueva,d.west Plus This Years Rookies Al Horford, Yi Jian Lian, Brandon Wright And Joakim Noah.

Fudge 06-21-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAYO
If We Get Varejao Its Like Drafting In The Top Ten Varejao Its Very Similar To Joakim Noah.
Anderson Varejao Is Perfect For The Rockets, He Has Good Size (6-10) For A 4 Also Can Play The 5, Plays With Alot Of Energy,good Defense And Can Improve His Offensive Game.

I Also Like Andray Blatche (6-11)from The Wizards, He Is A Almost The Same Size As Varejao But 4 Years Younger With More Upside And Channing Frye (6-11)he May Be Avalible In A Trade.

There Are Rumors Of The Cavs And Mavs Having A Deal Involving Varejao And Other Players For Jason Terry If This Does Not Happen The Cavs May Have To Choose Between Pavlovic Or Varejao Pavlovic Is Also A Restricted Free Agent The Two Players May Ask For Contract Like 6 Millions For Five Years That May Be Two Much For The Cavs .but If The Rockets Can Not Add Varejao They Should Draft Sean Williams 6-10 Pf He Is What We Need A Power Forward That Likes To Play Defense Last Year He Had 2 Games Over 11 Blocks Thats Sick ,i Know He Has Problems But Being From Houston And Having His Mother Near Should Help He May Not Be Drafted By The Rockets Cuz What Happen With Eddie Griffin But If Sean Williams Its There At 26 They Better Choose Him.i Want Both Williams And Varejao .

We Need A 4 That Can Play Defense If We Dont Have A Power Forward That Plays Good Defense We Have No Chanse Even If We Have 2 Superstars. Almost Every Team Best Player Its A Four Garnett,duncan,boozer,randolph,nowitzki,stoudamire ,howard,okaford,bosh,gasol,wallace,j.oneal,brand,a .jefferson,nene,kmartin,cvillanueva,d.west Plus This Years Rookies Al Horford, Yi Jian Lian, Brandon Wright And Joakim Noah.

That gave me a headache. Make sure your keyboard isn't upside down. And whats with the caps?
:confusedshrug:

Rockets(T-mac) 06-21-2007 07:24 PM

If we get him that would a great. He can get boards and help on D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_locoteee
And with battier, Cuck and Anderson all playing together that will be a Charge party nobody will even attempt to drive into the paint.

LOL:oldlol:

jailer 06-24-2007 09:12 PM

Varejo is decent.He is kinda like Battier.He is glue player that will always have a spot because he plays so hard.I would think cleveland would not let him go.He was the only guy that played good vs duncan