Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46077)

Richie2k6 06-19-2007 03:37 PM

OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Nuggets (115) vs Wizards (112)

I was the Nuggets. Probably one of the best games I've ever played in 2K7. Arenas was shooting the lights out (once made 4 threes in a row) and Iverson and Melo were playing great as well. Non-stop action, especially in the 4th quarter. In the last 4 seconds, Iverson pressured Arenas at half court, causing him to clank the buzzer-beater that would have forced overtime.

Arenas:

54 points
7 rebounds
5 assists
20/30 FG
8/12 3PT

Iverson:

40 points
5 rebounds
14 assists
17/27 FG

Carmelo:

40 points
12 rebounds
3 assists
15/22 FG

Honorable mentions: Jamison (34 points), JR Smith (20 points)

thenextgreatbigman 06-19-2007 03:40 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
O'rly?

Richie2k6 06-19-2007 03:41 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
O'rly?

Ya rly.

Post your own if you'd like.

bigboi_baller 06-19-2007 03:42 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
How many minutes quarters?

Richie2k6 06-19-2007 03:42 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
How many minutes quarters?

10. Stats get too high with 12. I need 12 minute sliders.

Howard5Dirk41 06-19-2007 03:43 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Do you have it on xbox360 and have xbox live..?

Kebab Stall 06-19-2007 03:44 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
3 guys combined for 100 points and the team finished with 115. Pretty much a 3 man team there.

thenextgreatbigman 06-19-2007 03:46 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
3 guys combined for 100 points and the team finished with 115. Pretty much a 3 man team there.

It would probably be different if it was possible to score with big men in this game.
That's what i hate about playing it, i give the ball to duncan, he's wide open, 2 feet away from the basket and clanks the shot off the back of the rim.

ballahalic 06-19-2007 03:49 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
who cares about one of your stupid games richie

Kebab Stall 06-19-2007 03:54 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
It would probably be different if it was possible to score with big men in this game.
That's what i hate about playing it, i give the ball to duncan, he's wide open, 2 feet away from the basket and clanks the shot off the back of the rim.

I don't get that too much but it does happen to me a few times, I get big guys missings dunks sometimes it's ridiculous. But what I have noticed is that when you simulate a game, whether your big man is the best in the game and has the highest tendencies he will stil be one of the lowest scorers on the team. But guys like Damon Stoudamire end up getting 20 points a game, how the hell does that happen he can't even hit wide open 3's.

Another big problem is lack of low post moves. It's always the same move the guy does, it gets quite annoying and boring to watch and play.

Cannonball 06-19-2007 04:03 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Best games happen on xbl... I want to double ot once, I was done by like 10 with 200 mins to go and bring in damon jones and david westley, and doynell marshel. So I had Damon, Westly, LeBron, Mashrall, and Varejo. LOL Fricking 3 festival. I drove with lb kicked it to westly swung it to damon. Nailed it with 150 or so left on the clock. Fouled because he inbounded to Tayshaun Prince. He missed both, hit a 3 with lebron. Anyway got it tied up with 12 ticks left. I Inbound to lebron and he steps out of bounds lol. I was screaming.

Than the dude inbounds it to Billups gets a clean look but I tipped it with BIG Z!! Game saver.

Anyway in ot. He has the ball up by 3, I have snow out there steal the ball from billups hit lebron on the run and 1 tie it up. He brings it back down nails a 3 with billups, I get it to damon in the corner for 3 with 5 secs left, but he hacks me. I hit all 3 sent it to ot2.

In ot2 we keep scoring back in forth. I made a brilliant coaching move by putting in Gibson and Ira and Shannon brown. His guys were all worn out but mine were fresh so I got up by 8 or so with under a minute left. He knocks down a 3 cuts it to 5. I score a 2. Keep going backing forth with 2's for me and 3's for him. And he takes the lead with 7 secs left on the clock.

I inbound to lebron drive spin. Fade swish. Up by 1 with 1 left.

He inbounds to rip and takes a running flakin 3 and nails it at the buzzer.... I almost cried. ALMOST.

Kebab Stall 06-19-2007 04:14 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball
Best games happen on xbl... I want to double ot once, I was done by like 10 with 200 mins to go and bring in damon jones and david westley, and doynell marshel. So I had Damon, Westly, LeBron, Mashrall, and Varejo. LOL Fricking 3 festival. I drove with lb kicked it to westly swung it to damon. Nailed it with 150 or so left on the clock. Fouled because he inbounded to Tayshaun Prince. He missed both, hit a 3 with lebron. Anyway got it tied up with 12 ticks left. I Inbound to lebron and he steps out of bounds lol. I was screaming.

Than the dude inbounds it to Billups gets a clean look but I tipped it with BIG Z!! Game saver.

Anyway in ot. He has the ball up by 3, I have snow out there steal the ball from billups hit lebron on the run and 1 tie it up. He brings it back down nails a 3 with billups, I get it to damon in the corner for 3 with 5 secs left, but he hacks me. I hit all 3 sent it to ot2.

In ot2 we keep scoring back in forth. I made a brilliant coaching move by putting in Gibson and Ira and Shannon brown. His guys were all worn out but mine were fresh so I got up by 8 or so with under a minute left. He knocks down a 3 cuts it to 5. I score a 2. Keep going backing forth with 2's for me and 3's for him. And he takes the lead with 7 secs left on the clock.

I inbound to lebron drive spin. Fade swish. Up by 1 with 1 left.

He inbounds to rip and takes a running flakin 3 and nails it at the buzzer.... I almost cried. ALMOST.

The only time I get a game like that is if I just mess around for abit so the opposing team can catch up then I can have fun. And this is on Hall of Fame mode, maybe I should tweak the sliders abit. What do you guys have your sliders set at?

Cannonball 06-19-2007 04:16 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The only time I get a game like that is if I just mess around for abit so the opposing team can catch up then I can have fun. And this is on Hall of Fame mode, maybe I should tweak the sliders abit. What do you guys have your sliders set at?


This is playing online with some guy... Thats the only way to do it. Playing the computer is so boring, they just dribble the ball for so long and ****.

Kebab Stall 06-19-2007 04:21 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball
This is playing online with some guy... Thats the only way to do it. Playing the computer is so boring, they just dribble the ball for so long and ****.

I don't have xbox live so I can't play online. I agree, playing the computer is boring as can be.

Richie2k6 06-19-2007 05:50 PM

Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ballahalic
who cares about one of your stupid games richie

Who the hell are you? Oh right that guy I made fun of and now you feel stupid. :rolleyes:

And I have it for PS2.
Quote:

3 guys combined for 100 points and the team finished with 115. Pretty much a 3 man team there.
Arenas was making shots back and forth so I had no choice but to use the big guns to keep up. Either way, I only really like using those three anyways. In a real simulation game, it'd be more like:

Iverson : 25 points, 8 assists
Carmelo: 30 points, 8 rebounds
Smith: 15 points


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy