Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   did i hear correctly that.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46135)

Darsh 06-19-2007 10:16 PM

did i hear correctly that..

Some state in he US has new legislation that prohibits anyone (aimed mostly at teenage males) from wearing their pants too low?

I think i heard it when i was half asleep/half awake this morning and the news was on the TV.

RecSpecs110 06-19-2007 10:29 PM

Re: did i hear correctly that..

You heard right. At the same time, some of these states allow the pruchase and possession of guns.

L.Kizzle 06-19-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
You heard right. At the same time, some of these states allow the pruchase and possession of guns.

The law is basically saying blacks have to dress nice, but we gonna let y'all shoot up each other.

TheGame414 06-19-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

While I'm very much anti-gun, that's a false comparison. Indecency laws and gun laws have nothing to do with each other. It's incorrect to juxtapose the two.

It seems kind of silly to pass legislation on such a thing, but I can't say it bothers me. I don't really need to see a dude's ass hanging out of his pants. Guys that wear their pants like that should thank this legislation- pretending, if it's real, that it was ever actually enforced- for saving them from looking like morons who are incapable of either purchasing or operating a belt.

Phar 06-19-2007 10:33 PM

Yes you did. Apparently you can be charged with indecent exposure if this goes through (which I doubt that it will. Many other Towns/states have proposed the same thing, and they got canned). Too bad for the boys :P

You can read all about it here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6751777.stm

TheGame414 06-19-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The law is basically saying blacks have to dress nice, but we gonna let y'all shoot up each other.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. You're brilliant.

RecSpecs110 06-19-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame414
While I'm very much anti-gun, that's a false comparison. Indecency laws and gun laws have nothing to do with each other. It's incorrect to juxtapose the two.

It seems kind of silly to pass legislation on such a thing, but I can't say it bothers me. I don't really need to see a dude's ass hanging out of his pants. Guys that wear their pants like that should thank this legislation- pretending, if it's real, that it was ever actually enforced- for saving them from looking like morons who are incapable of either purchasing or operating a belt.

Still, it does show an enormous gap in the goverment's tolerance levels.

qwerty 06-19-2007 10:55 PM

yea, and some middle school in VA isn't allowing kids to hug/handshake/dap.

TheGame414 06-19-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Still, it does show an enormous gap in the goverment's tolerance levels.

Not really. It shows how massively powerful the NRA is, though. But again, they're two things that have nothing to do with each other.

Darsh 06-19-2007 11:58 PM

Wow, so it wasnt some stupid ass dream *PARDON THE PUN*.

You have to admit it is a little over the top bringing in laws like these.

White Chocolate 06-20-2007 12:55 AM

If you're wearing low pants, but you have a long t-shirt covering your behind, is that okay, or do you still get summoned?