Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Wizards Moves (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4632)

RidonKs 07-10-2006 12:29 AM

Wizards Moves
 
I know i havn't seen that many Wiz fans on ISH (the only one I've seen is GeeWiz).

Anyone know any deals the Wiz are thinking about / could happen. I know their draft sucked ass, and I know where they're at right now is not nearly enough to contend.

TheReturnofCed 07-10-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
I know i havn't seen that many Wiz fans on ISH (the only one I've seen is GeeWiz).

Anyone know any deals the Wiz are thinking about / could happen. I know their draft sucked ass, and I know where they're at right now is not nearly enough to contend.


Jermaine O'Neal is probably a goal at mid season, espeically if Blatche blows up like he should.

geeWiz15 07-10-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Jermaine O'Neal is probably a goal at mid season,
Imagine if we traded Blatche/Jamison/Etan for JO and drafted Marcus Williams.

Williams
Arenas
Butler
JO
Haywood

I'd like to trade Haywood for Troy Murphy if that happened. I know the Warriors are jumping to give him up, we need 3 point shooting and rebounding and Murph would provide both, opening up JO to work on the block. Cause as it stands right now nobody on that team can reliably hit a shot outside 18.

But anyway, yeah, back to reality. Wizards don't really have any plans. They aren't in any FA or trade talks whatsoever. They're rumored to be in the running for Magloire, though.

jamal 07-10-2006 12:47 AM

grunfield is way too passive. everyone knows the roster they have is not championship-caliber, yet they stand pat? why? out of fear? they should have tried to package jamison and the 18th pick to move up in the draft and get a player who has a chance to be a star to team with arenas, like jerry west did by getting rudy gay.

and when was the last time this team had a first-round pick that contributed? first they traded three picks for webber, and that just started what seemed like a trend of not adding to the team thru the draft, which is essential. rip in 99, thats pretty much all they've gotten out of the draft. jefferies in 02 i guess.

RidonKs 07-10-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
But anyway, yeah, back to reality. Wizards don't really have any plans. They aren't in any FA or trade talks whatsoever. They're rumored to be in the running for Magloire, though.


Yeah, that's kinda what I figured, they don't really have the goods to give up. Didn't know they were in the running to get Magloire though. Decent player. Don't really think he's that big of an upgrade over Haywood. And aren't they essentially the same player, Magloire being slightly better offensively?

HALLandOATES 07-10-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Imagine if we traded Blatche/Jamison/Etan for JO and drafted Marcus Williams.

Williams
Arenas
Butler
JO
Haywood

I'd like to trade Haywood for Troy Murphy if that happened. I know the Warriors are jumping to give him up, we need 3 point shooting and rebounding and Murph would provide both, opening up JO to work on the block. Cause as it stands right now nobody on that team can reliably hit a shot outside 18.

But anyway, yeah, back to reality. Wizards don't really have any plans. They aren't in any FA or trade talks whatsoever. They're rumored to be in the running for Magloire, though.
Thats to much in my opinion for Jermaine, but most people would probaly like the deal. Ethan is pretty solid isn't he when healthy?

RidonKs 07-10-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamal
and when was the last time this team had a first-round pick that contributed? first they traded three picks for webber, and that just started what seemed like a trend of not adding to the team thru the draft, which is essential. rip in 99, thats pretty much all they've gotten out of the draft. jefferies in 02 i guess.


And now they're in that range where they're making the playoffs at fifth or sixth every year, but everyone knows they really don't have a chance in hell to make it further than the second round. They're stuck in that mediocre spot, and they're gonna haveto make some trades to get some young talant or trade up in the next few drafts, because they really can't get anyone good at they're position year after year in the draft.

hehe, kinda like the Lakers, my other favourite team ('cept Mitch is actually trying to do something, whereas Grunfield is just a bum)

scipio 07-10-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Thats to much in my opinion for Jermaine, but most people would probaly like the deal. Ethan is pretty solid isn't he when healthy?

Blatche/Jamison/Thomas is too much? I think the Pacers would reject that right away. Getting Jamison would be a lateral move at best, and Blatche and Thomas bring what exactly to the table? The Pacers already have a project forward (Shawne Williams), so I can't see Blatche being someone of interest to them. This deal would not even offer cap relief. To sum up, this deal would neither begin a rebuilding process for the Pacers by offering significant young talent or capspace, and it would not help the team now. Why, then, would they make such a deal? To help the Wizards out?

On topic, I haven't heard much of anything about the Wizards. Getting Pecherov could turn out well for them, and I think he significant talent. According to Draft Express's summer league summaries, he's played well. He doesn't solve any of their immediate needs, but I don't think any player availiable to them at #18 would have done that.

Arenas is a legit superstar IMO, and he's young enough to give them time to put the right pieces in place around him. Jamison would seem to be the most logical guy to move, but I cannot see them getting much (much being a legit big man with a defensive presence) in return for him. How many years does he have left on his contract?

ZHAKIDD532 07-10-2006 09:13 AM

too bad the nets drafted him...not really

hawkfan 07-10-2006 11:18 AM

Proposed Wizards moves:

1. Sign Lorenzen Wright.
2. Trade either Haywood or Thomas for Trenton Hassell.

GOBB 07-10-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Thats to much in my opinion for Jermaine, but most people would probaly like the deal. Ethan is pretty solid isn't he when healthy?

Get a clue thats NOT enough for JO. Pacers getting raped. Wake up.

hawkfan 07-10-2006 12:36 PM

The Pacers aren't going to trade JO.

They took on Daniels' big contract, instead of letting Croshere's deal expire.

If they were to get rid of O'Neal, they would do it in a way that gets them under the salary cap.

Indiana is talking about getting Al Harrington, another big contract.

JO only gets traded if there is an equivalent top level big man swapped in return. That won't happen, barring some major development during the season or off-season.

geeWiz15 07-10-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured, they don't really have the goods to give up. Didn't know they were in the running to get Magloire though. Decent player. Don't really think he's that big of an upgrade over Haywood. And aren't they essentially the same player, Magloire being slightly better offensively?
All Haywood can do is block shots. He is a terrible rebounder, maybe the worst rebounding defensive specialist ever. Wood has no offense, won't rebound, Magloire has a good offensive post game and can rebound... however he can't really block shots. That's why I'd like to have both players in a rotation. For balance. Throw the other team's strategy a little. they're actually pretty different players.

Quote:

Ethan is pretty solid isn't he when healthy?
He's one of my favorite players, but if EJ isn't going to play him, I'd rather he went somewhere where his abilities and heart are recognized, and I can't think of a better place for that than a team run by Larry Bird. Bird gave Croshere that big extension because he played hard in the playoffs. Nobody plays harder than Etan.

Quote:

Blatche/Jamison/Thomas is too much? I think the Pacers would reject that right away. Getting Jamison would be a lateral move at best, and Blatche and Thomas bring what exactly to the table? The Pacers already have a project forward (Shawne Williams), so I can't see Blatche being someone of interest to them. This deal would not even offer cap relief.
Actually the deal would offer cap relief because Jamison expires the season after next. The main thing here is that Bird really wants to just dump Jermaine and start over. Jamison would give them a vet leader for a season and a half. Blatche is a really talented forward, yeah I know they have Shawne, but whatever. Bird shouldn't trade JO at all, but if he does, this is certainly a decent offer I think. They can have some draft picks too; it's not like we know how to use them.

Quote:

He doesn't solve any of their immediate needs, but I don't think any player availiable to them at #18 would have done that.
I can. Mardy Collins and Marcus Williams are both big pure PGs that would allow Gil to play the 2 and give us more speed and intelligence on the court.

Quote:

The Pacers aren't going to trade JO.

They took on Daniels' big contract, instead of letting Croshere's deal expire.

If they were to get rid of O'Neal, they would do it in a way that gets them under the salary cap.
Good point, I agree they probably won't and shouldn't, but there have been talks that he's getting traded. Who knows why.

jamal 07-10-2006 03:31 PM

w/ my L pass last year i noticed haywood was trying a little baby hook alot, yall notice that... hahahah pathetic

Skywalker 07-10-2006 04:15 PM

Remember his beast dunk vs the Trail Blazers I think it was.

ps. How do you pronounce Blatche? I thought it was Bla-chee but then on 2K6 they said Blaitch.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy