Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Toronto/Dallas Trade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471)

Orealius 06-06-2006 11:06 AM

Toronto/Dallas Trade
 
Devin Harris and DeSagana Diop

for

Eric Williams and the #1 pick

Thoughts?

DoubleTech 06-06-2006 11:56 AM

well...
 
haha O, stealing shad's trade from HH.

i wouldn't pull this deal if i was toronto, mainly because i don't 100% feel that Harris is worth the #1 overall pick by himself, and a large part of Diop's success is the coaching of Avery, so i don't think he'd be as good in Toronto as he is in Dallas and i also don't think he's enough to make up the difference between Harris and a #1 pick.

maybe if they were taking Alvin's contract instead of Eric's expirer, i'd think about it again.

Faufner 06-06-2006 12:46 PM

Dallas wouldn't do it. With the risk of them losing Terry in free-agency, and with the lack of high-level point guards in the draft, I don't see Dallas giving away their top asset at the PG position.

Dr.Funk 06-06-2006 12:54 PM

I'd probably do it but I think I would want them to take a bad contract like Hoffa off our hands aswell. And maybe send something else this way.

power works 06-06-2006 02:54 PM

I'd consider this. I just can't see who Dallas would want in the draft. Maybe they want to draft Bargnani and have Dirk play with the next "Dirk." :D

raekwon 06-06-2006 02:56 PM

Doubt Dallas woud do this, they're high on Harris as their future PG.

Pistol Pete 06-06-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raekwon
Doubt Dallas woud do this, they're high on Harris as their future PG.


They would probably take their hometown kid, LaMarcus Aldridge to team with Dirk Nowitzki for the next 10 years or so, However I doubt they would trade Devin Harris or DeSagana Diop after the playoff run they both have had respectively, especially if the Mavericks win the title. If they win, they probably won't make many moves because the core is relatively young and constantly improving.

Bourne 06-06-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTech
haha O, stealing shad's trade from HH.

i wouldn't pull this deal if i was toronto, mainly because i don't 100% feel that Harris is worth the #1 overall pick by himself, and a large part of Diop's success is the coaching of Avery, so i don't think he'd be as good in Toronto as he is in Dallas and i also don't think he's enough to make up the difference between Harris and a #1 pick.

maybe if they were taking Alvin's contract instead of Eric's expirer, i'd think about it again.


I thought there was no HH anymore.

brwnman 06-06-2006 10:12 PM

I wouldn't want this trade...

Bourne 06-06-2006 10:36 PM

Dallas can win NOW. Why trade for a pick?

DeepStich 06-07-2006 12:09 AM

Just wondering, since the trade deadline passed, but the regular season's also over, can they trade now? [or was this just a purely hypothetical question?!]

DoubleTech 06-07-2006 12:46 AM

hehe
 
diggs: yes, HH is still kicking

deepsitch: there is a trading period close to the draft once the playoffs are over, short period of time tho i believe.

T-Low 06-07-2006 12:30 PM

Honestly, why get rid of a point guard that has done so much for your team. Devin Harris has done so much for the Dallas franchise in this series when he starts games. Think about it this way, having a point guard out due to foul trouble just to have a player that can play almost the same skill level come back in. Dallas wouldn't want this trade. And Toronto could find a better trade than this by far.

Skywalker 06-07-2006 03:44 PM

Like what genius?

Bourne 06-07-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTech
diggs: yes, HH is still kicking

deepsitch: there is a trading period close to the draft once the playoffs are over, short period of time tho i believe.


People always say it is closed.


Are you bosh4prez?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy