Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Knicks missed out on Marcus Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4726)

dak121 07-10-2006 10:17 PM

Knicks missed out on Marcus Williams

I now it's only summer league but Williams scores 24 on 9-15 shooting, while dishing out 12 assists.

I still can't believe the Knicks passed him up for a guy they could've drafted in the 2nd round.(that Phoenix stuff is typical Isiah spin) They could've had an actual PG on their roster for the time since Charlie Ward played there. The Nets continue to torment the Knicks without really trying.

kwajo 07-10-2006 10:23 PM

I think worse is that the suns could have had the perfect guy to give Nash some rest and yet they blew it big time

Zombles 07-10-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
I think worse is that the suns could have had the perfect guy to give Nash some rest and yet they blew it big time

+1

ZHAKIDD532 07-10-2006 10:26 PM

I was tryin to watch the game but it was lagging, glad to hear it...

dak121 07-10-2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo

Suns have passed on a lot of good players because of finances. The Knicks don't have that excuse. Still can't believe Isiah passed up on him. Balkman had best better be the next Sprewell/Rodman to justify this miss.

This could be Artest/Frederic Weis part II.

PureElement 07-10-2006 10:41 PM

I know numbers don't mean everything, but damn, I want to see Balkman's impact be anywhere close to that.

sydneyking 07-10-2006 10:45 PM

The Suns "finances" reason is still not a valid excuse. And if Marcus turns out to be such an awesome player I think Philly, Indiana and Sacramento will regret it more. He would have received heavy minutes on each of those teams.

JinTheWindMaster 07-10-2006 10:46 PM

Nate Robinson>Marcus

ALBballer 07-10-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak121
I now it's only summer league but Williams scores 24 on 9-15 shooting, while dishing out 12 assists.

I still can't believe the Knicks passed him up for a guy they could've drafted in the 2nd round.(that Phoenix stuff is typical Isiah spin) They could've had an actual PG on their roster for the time since Charlie Ward played there. The Nets continue to torment the Knicks without really trying.

If anything, you should be ****ting your pants. We missed out on a great player, who would of given us a better record - according to your theory. So be happy.

bomber 07-10-2006 10:52 PM

re

celtics could have used him over rondo too probably

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-10-2006 10:56 PM

i dont get it? it's not just the knicks, its the suns and everyone else who passed on him

allball 07-10-2006 11:00 PM

Williams is a good player. If he applies himself he can go down in the top 5 in this draft class. He ended up in a better situation in NJ. I'm sure he did not want to be with those knucleheads in NY.

hawkfan 07-10-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyking
The Suns "finances" reason is still not a valid excuse. And if Marcus turns out to be such an awesome player I think Philly, Indiana and Sacramento will regret it more. He would have received heavy minutes on each of those teams.

If finances were a real reason, then why did the Suns sign Pike and Salmons? Makes no sense.

I guess they just didn't buy Marcus Williams.

Why the Knicks didn't draft him is baffling, since they probably could have gotten Balkman at 29.

Why the Hawks didn't trade for him is even more baffling. He would have been a great addition alongside Speedy.

But then again BK passed on Chris Paul

Timmeh 07-10-2006 11:01 PM

the knicks have missed out on a lot the past few months, this is nothing new

Orealius 07-10-2006 11:01 PM

Too bad the Raps couldnt get a mid lottery pick to get him.