Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, and Brad Newly - NEW OFFICIAL ROCKETS (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47619)

Q.E.C 06-29-2007 07:11 AM

Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, and Brad Newly - NEW OFFICIAL ROCKETS

I figured I should go ahead and disturb the peace.

so what are yall opinions about Aaron Brooks??

I'll say he's a PG version of Luther Head. what do yall think?

RocketzMan 06-29-2007 10:42 AM

Re: Opinion

Yeah, I suppose he could turn out decent, but when will he play? Skip, Lucas, James, V-Span, and Brooks all at the one. It kills me that we didn't take Big Baby or McRoberts.

UMDRox 06-29-2007 12:56 PM

I'm glad that we didn't draft McBob. However, this pick makes no sense at all. Brooks is undersized and they just traded for James. Also, Brooks is a shoot first PG. Rox didn't need another PG, they needed and still needs a PF.

Rockets(T-mac) 06-29-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMDRox
I'm glad that we didn't draft McBob. However, this pick makes no sense at all. Brooks is undersized and they just traded for James. Also, Brooks is a shoot first PG. Rox didn't need another PG, they needed and still needs a PF.

Completely agree with you the Rockets had a horrible night yesterday. Horrible choices.

Q.E.C 06-29-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Completely agree with you the Rockets had a horrible night yesterday. Horrible choices.

yea i really wanted big baby.. at the party everyone got happy when they said who wants big baby??? but we need to trade v-span and lucas for a PF if they really want to play Brooks.

jwilliamc23 06-29-2007 08:00 PM

Re: Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, and Brad Newly - NEW OFFICIAL ROCKETS

the rockets were stupid for drafting arron brooks.

UMDRox 06-29-2007 10:02 PM

Why do people keep throwing out "trade V-span and Lucas for a PF?" Who would actually take them? They barely played last season. What kind of PF are we talking about here? Are we talking about someone who can start over Hayes (this shouldn't be very difficult)? Or someone who can start and contribute?

Ballastic 06-30-2007 06:00 AM

Every year it gets worse and worse at draft time for Houston. I heard there were non stop boo's at the draft party at D&B.

A-MATT 06-30-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballastic
Every year it gets worse and worse at draft time for Houston. I heard there were non stop boo's at the draft party at D&B.

Hell yeah it was. Everybody left.

Rockets(T-mac) 06-30-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMDRox
Why do people keep throwing out "trade V-span and Lucas for a PF?" Who would actually take them? They barely played last season. What kind of PF are we talking about here? Are we talking about someone who can start over Hayes (this shouldn't be very difficult)? Or someone who can start and contribute?

Yeah we have to lose Alston if we want a decent PF now. I starting to wonder if the Rockets want to run a slightly smaller line-up now since they aren't really trying to get a good PF. Maybe they are going to make the PF a non-factor on offense.

UMDRox 07-01-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yeah we have to lose Alston if we want a decent PF now. I starting to wonder if the Rockets want to run a slightly smaller line-up now since they aren't really trying to get a good PF. Maybe they are going to make the PF a non-factor on offense.

Does this mean that we are satisfied w/ not competing for championship?

t-mac#1 07-01-2007 10:28 AM

I like Aaron Brooks but not for the Rockets. They had Big Baby, McRoberts staring them right in the face. They better have a plan of getting a veteran PF through free agency or trade. I don't wanna see that midget starting at PF again.

CAYO 07-01-2007 02:24 PM

This Is A Great Pick Brooks Is Good Now We Can Trade Rafer Alston For A Powerforward.

UMDRox 07-01-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAYO
This Is A Great Pick Brooks Is Good Now We Can Trade Rafer Alston For A Powerforward.

What kind of PF do you expect to land for an average PG. Alston was average, at best.

This is just as delusional thinking as getting a PF for Lucas and V-span.

qrich 07-02-2007 01:21 AM

I was surprised by the Brooks pick, as I expected him to be a 2nd rounder, but you will not be dissapointed by him.

Brad Newly was a great pick in my opinion. He's a damn solid project, whom should stay in the NBL over in Australia/New Zealand[I believe it's called the NBL]. He's an exceptional sharp shooter, but has a very solid all around game. Might be due to the talent he's facing is below average, but I believe he could be a very solid role player in the league some day.