Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What summer changes should the Celtics make? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477)

insidehoops 06-06-2006 02:50 PM

What summer changes should the Celtics make?

The core of the Celtics is Paul Pierce, Wally Szczerbiak, and then young players Delonte West, Gerald Green, Tony Allen, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins (did I forget anyone that matters?)

Talk about what direction you think Boston should take.

JohnnySic 06-06-2006 02:51 PM

- Draft the best player available

Aside from that, just let the kids grow.

craigthomasb 06-06-2006 02:55 PM

if they ever needed to draft a need, it would have to be either marcus williams or sheldon williams, just someone who can come in and contribute immediatley, or if they coudl get both, theyd be set

m. willaims / west
pierce / allen
wally / green
jefferson / gomes
s. willaims / perkins

JohnnySic 06-06-2006 02:58 PM

I would be happy with either Williams.

If they dont take Marcus Williams, then one possible trade scenerio may involve trading Wally in a deal for a point guard (Brevin Knight?) and thus freeing up pt for Green and Allen.

JohnnySic 06-06-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

(did I forget anyone that matters?)

Dont overlook Dwayne Jones. :D

Y2Gezee 06-06-2006 03:08 PM

Trade Pierce and stop wasting his career.

JohnnySic 06-06-2006 03:10 PM

^Nah.

Put Back Dunk 06-06-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
- Draft the best player available

Aside from that, just let the kids grow.

Nice! I see that you are a fellow "Loyalist" by celticsblog terms, I hate that Celtics fans are so divided on what the team needs to do in the near future.

I agree, let the kids play, and keep #7 unless a great trade falls into our lap where we can land an impact player.

MaxFly 06-06-2006 06:54 PM

Right now, we seem to be developing our young talent, and though I'm not opposed to that, I do wish we had a more consistent and reliable second option to PP. Wally played well last season, but I don't see that lasting. If one of our young players becomes that second option, fine, but I think we should have a plan if it doesn't work out that way.

Patches O'Houlihan 06-06-2006 08:01 PM

Exactly. I feel the same way. I want to see Wally and/or the pick moved for a legitimate second scoring option. Preferably an inside player who will bang down low and help out Al and Perk.

Or we can develop the young talent. I just don't like Wally on the team. He's not what I think we need in a second scoring option. If Al comes out and is ready to dominate in the post next year we'll be good though. Heh.

XxNeXuSxX 06-06-2006 08:03 PM

I say we are fine with the young talent we have. We don't need to draft young.

Right, let the kids grow and get PT. That's why I think a Wally+Scal
(Please leave Scal!) to free up some playing time for Gerald and Al.

I know, the value of Wally+Scal deal is very low, but if we could get a veteren Backup point (depends on who we draft) like Brevin Knight we could actually have a 40+ win season next year if the kids keep developing. :)

Patches O'Houlihan 06-06-2006 08:42 PM

If we can do Wally/Scal for Brevin Knight then pull the trigger on that fast. Two bad contracts for a nice veteran PG who has been among the top in assists before. Free up some time for all the young guys. (Although I do love Delonte)

TheReturnofCed 06-06-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
If we can do Wally/Scal for Brevin Knight then pull the trigger on that fast. Two bad contracts for a nice veteran PG who has been among the top in assists before. Free up some time for all the young guys. (Although I do love Delonte)

I say trade Tony "No IQ" Allen, Delonte West, Dan Dickau and a future 1st for Brevin Knight and Primo Brezec.

Draft Shelden Williams with 7.

CT: Perkins/ Brezec
PF: Williams/ Jefferson
SF: Pierce/ Gomes
SG: Szczerbiak/ Green
PG: Knight/ Greene

Instant playoffs.

Patches O'Houlihan 06-06-2006 10:14 PM

I don't like that trade at all. Brevin and Primo aren't going to make that big of an impact. Trading away Delonte(who will be better than Knight) and a future 1st(that team won't be winning too much soon so the 1st might be of value) doesn't make sense to me. Brevin is good, but not that good. I'd rather we move Wally than Delonte.

XxNeXuSxX2 06-07-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
I don't like that trade at all. Brevin and Primo aren't going to make that big of an impact. Trading away Delonte(who will be better than Knight) and a future 1st(that team won't be winning too much soon so the 1st might be of value) doesn't make sense to me. Brevin is good, but not that good. I'd rather we move Wally than Delonte.

Agree, and draft Sheldon at 7? I'll pass. Maybe in the second round.