Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Aaron Brooks Highlights (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47762)

Howry 06-30-2007 02:32 AM

Aaron Brooks Highlights

I put together a quick Brooks Highlight video for those of you that havent seen him. Obviously Youtube kills the quality but its better then nothing. A few things to look for.

He can shoot from DEEP. Open or with a guy on him.

He can break down a defender.

No one can stay in front of him 1 on 1. He is FAST.
With the NBA Hand checking rule how are teams going to guard him? He will break them down draw defenders and kick to Yao or Tmac for open shots. Those guys should love him. He is also a 1 man press break.

He can finish down low even with 7 footers on him. He shoots over several 7 footers in the highlights.

He has good hops, long arms and is good at controlling the ball with either hand and finishing with either hand.

One of the announcers said that when Oregon played Florida in the Elite 8 that he was the best player on the floor. Thats saying something considering where the Florida guys were drafted.

Anyhow, its a novice video but better then nothing.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzsl5Yd6hqs

Q.E.C 06-30-2007 02:50 AM

Re: Aaron Brooks Highlights

yea he's a pretty good kid but 5 PG's makes no scene at all..

t-mac#1 07-01-2007 11:30 AM

i wouldn't mind aaron brooks if we didn't trade for mike james and didn't have a PRESSING need at the 4.

CAYO 07-01-2007 03:56 PM

He Looks Like Iverson Im Not Saying He Is Iverson But He Plays Like AI.

Clutch_City 07-02-2007 07:28 PM

He plays like Rafer. His shot looks similar. But this was a questionable selection. Not too happy.

Q.E.C 07-02-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch_City
He plays like Rafer. His shot looks similar. But this was a questionable selection. Not too happy.

my homeboy said his shot looks like luther head.

A-MATT 07-03-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
my homeboy said his shot looks like luther head.

Hell naw, he shoots like Rafer

Cavs2007Champs 07-04-2007 02:19 PM

I'm a big Oregon fan and a big Brooks fan, I'm mad that he went 2 Houston cuz I don't see many Rockets games being in Ohio.

And I agree it didn't make sense that you guys selected him needing a 4, but I am a Cavs fan, and I look at the possibility of dealing either Anderson Varejao or Drew Gooden, for a PG and a filler from the Rockets.

I'm assuming they know they need 2 deal a PG

But as for Brooks, I watched a lot of Ducks games and he was amazing. I don't know how the college game transitions into the NBA,

but the man can shoot from anywhere on the court, he will be instant offense.
He is clutch, he hit numerous game winners
He was the leader of that team.
He led them in scoring and led them into the Elite 8, and with a little more help they could have upset the Gators.

His penetration game reminds me of Gary Payton and Tony Parker, especially the way he uses that floater, and he is good at bothering big men when they drop the ball low.

I think Brooks was underrated throughout the whole drafting process, I thought he was a first round talent, but I agree Houston could have gone somewhere else with their pick.

Unless they have trades lined up 2 fill that 4 spot. Cleveland needs a PG and Houston needs a PF, who knows what could happen.

jailer 07-05-2007 02:11 AM

Im kinda mad he got drafted so high.I had him as one of my steals of the draft if he went in the second round.He is a good player.

CAYO 07-05-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
I'm a big Oregon fan and a big Brooks fan, I'm mad that he went 2 Houston cuz I don't see many Rockets games being in Ohio.

And I agree it didn't make sense that you guys selected him needing a 4, but I am a Cavs fan, and I look at the possibility of dealing either Anderson Varejao or Drew Gooden, for a PG and a filler from the Rockets.

I'm assuming they know they need 2 deal a PG

But as for Brooks, I watched a lot of Ducks games and he was amazing. I don't know how the college game transitions into the NBA,

but the man can shoot from anywhere on the court, he will be instant offense.
He is clutch, he hit numerous game winners
He was the leader of that team.
He led them in scoring and led them into the Elite 8, and with a little more help they could have upset the Gators.

His penetration game reminds me of Gary Payton and Tony Parker, especially the way he uses that floater, and he is good at bothering big men when they drop the ball low.

I think Brooks was underrated throughout the whole drafting process, I thought he was a first round talent, but I agree Houston could have gone somewhere else with their pick.

Unless they have trades lined up 2 fill that 4 spot. Cleveland needs a PG and Houston needs a PF, who knows what could happen.

Alston and Head for Gooden?

Rockets(T-mac) 07-08-2007 03:48 PM

He has a great perimater shot, but have enough of that. We need a PF and badly.