Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Orleans Pelicans Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   If the Hornets were still in the East... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4778)

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-11-2006 11:42 AM

If the Hornets were still in the East...
 
and they had their current roster, where do you see them at?


let's say they replace Charlotte's spot in the SE division.


i see them with a slightly above .500 record.

sixerfan3511 07-14-2006 06:20 PM

they are gonna have a better than .500 record in the west, so wut do u think itd be in the east...? yeah, better than barely over .500

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-24-2006 08:20 PM

re:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
they are gonna have a better than .500 record in the west, so wut do u think itd be in the east...? yeah, better than barely over .500



what record did the Hornets have last year?




i konw they had a good record for the first half of the season and then collapsed. but do you really attribute that to the fact that they suddenly slumped because of inexperience and personnel? or is it because they suddenly faced their division rivals more at the end?



once the Hornets have a .500+ record, THEN i will fancy your thoughts of idiocy.


but by all means, I fully believethe Hornets will be a good team next season. but please discuss this with intelligence.

ZHAKIDD532 07-25-2006 10:48 AM

i'd say 45 to 48 wins. Paul would tear people up...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-25-2006 11:53 PM

re:
 
in the East I fully agree. they would give Miami a run for their money.

The Italian 07-28-2006 11:09 PM

If they were in the East then I would say top 4or 5. They have a very godd team. This year I think that they will make the playoffs getting the 7 or 6 seed.

sixerfan3511 08-05-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
what record did the Hornets have last year?




i konw they had a good record for the first half of the season and then collapsed. but do you really attribute that to the fact that they suddenly slumped because of inexperience and personnel? or is it because they suddenly faced their division rivals more at the end?



once the Hornets have a .500+ record, THEN i will fancy your thoughts of idiocy.


but by all means, I fully believethe Hornets will be a good team next season. but please discuss this with intelligence.


they had a young team last year and overachieved and STILL almost made playoffs in the west with a record of 4 under .500. Ur the idiot if u think that they would have a record barely over .500 in the east. they added chandler, peja, bobby jackson, 2 rookie bigs, and jannero pargo. thats at least 10 more wins in the west which would give them a 49-33 record. thats a lot better than "slightly over .500". Again, in the west they can do that, so u my friend are an idiot.

qwerty 08-07-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
in the East I fully agree. they would give Miami a run for their money.



No they wouldn't, Detriot, Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, and Cleveland would all probably be better then them. They would probably be around Washington's level, maybe a little bit better.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-16-2006 11:59 PM

re:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
No they wouldn't, Detriot, Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, and Cleveland would all probably be better then them. They would probably be around Washington's level, maybe a little bit better.



you misunderstood.


i said they would replace Charlotte's place in the Southeast division.

what I meant was they would challenge for the Southeast Division Title.





anyway Sixerfan, don't run your mouth like TMOGE or hotsizzile and proclaim things before they happen. it's ver ylikely the Hornets will have a great year, but everything you just said is based on assumptions. what if the new players don't mesh well? what if Paul hits the sophomore slump? i said wait until the season unfolds before making any ASSumptions? got it? :rollingeyes:

insidehoops 09-04-2006 12:34 AM

The Hornets, talent-wise as a team, felt to me like a 5-7 seed in the east. Probably 5 or 6.

Which is a huge credit to cp3

Targus™ 09-04-2006 03:31 AM

they'd get a lot more attention in the East, thats for sure.

butch mcrae 09-04-2006 05:44 PM

cp3 and stojo will suprise people next season. Just watch. Stojo has been needing a guy like paul to ressurect his career. You don't tend to play well for a team that you know is going to trade you.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy