Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WHAT does KG bring to each team...? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48084)

nash4eva!gosuns 07-02-2007 06:33 PM

WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
what would KG bring to the table on each of the teams that are interested in having him right now?

and how would the trades each team makes affect the type of game they play after KG joins?

dejordan 07-02-2007 07:26 PM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
your team would be best off because they would still have the talent to play steve nash bball. figure you lose amare and a pick or something like that and what you get is a better defender, better rebounder at both ends, better passer, better shooter from range, similar finisher on the break second leader and most importantly a defensive leader which the suns haven't had since... um... majerle?

the celts probably have to package al, theo, and couple salary pieces. they get back the same thing minus the need for a running finisher. they get a second player capable of drawing doubles for ray.

the bulls need to pull a noci sign and trade along with one of their young bigs, gordon, and maybe pj / wallace. they're biggest gain is a genuine post scorer, but again he brings the post passing and rebounding for them as well. i don't think pax is looking to give up on dang or kirk.

the lakers would have to give two pieces of their starting front court and probably do it in a three team deal. they'd get a dominant rebounder / high post facilitator and defender to work the grant / rodman / AND some of the pippen role in the triangle. they gain a top notch talent who won't resent being second banana to kobe, who will bring the effort every night and be a second voice demanding role player accountability in the locker room.

dallas would need to part with jho, harris, and maybe damp as the main pieces. they get kind of the same thing as the bulls / celts do. a post presence to get their shooters open and crash the boards and lead on defense.

TheHonestTruth 07-03-2007 12:46 AM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
what would KG bring to the table on each of the teams that are interested in having him right now?

and how would the trades each team makes affect the type of game they play after KG joins?


1. Great performance in the first 3 quarters
2. Horrible performance in the fourth quarter

You're welcome.

wally_world 07-03-2007 06:59 AM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dejordan
your team would be best off because they would still have the talent to play steve nash bball. figure you lose amare and a pick or something like that and what you get is a better defender, better rebounder at both ends, better passer, better shooter from range, similar finisher on the break second leader and most importantly a defensive leader which the suns haven't had since... um... majerle?

the celts probably have to package al, theo, and couple salary pieces. they get back the same thing minus the need for a running finisher. they get a second player capable of drawing doubles for ray.

the bulls need to pull a noci sign and trade along with one of their young bigs, gordon, and maybe pj / wallace. they're biggest gain is a genuine post scorer, but again he brings the post passing and rebounding for them as well. i don't think pax is looking to give up on dang or kirk.

the lakers would have to give two pieces of their starting front court and probably do it in a three team deal. they'd get a dominant rebounder / high post facilitator and defender to work the grant / rodman / AND some of the pippen role in the triangle. they gain a top notch talent who won't resent being second banana to kobe, who will bring the effort every night and be a second voice demanding role player accountability in the locker room.

dallas would need to part with jho, harris, and maybe damp as the main pieces. they get kind of the same thing as the bulls / celts do. a post presence to get their shooters open and crash the boards and lead on defense.


i wouldn't trade Amare for anyone... literally... anyone... we're figuring a way to trade for KG without losing Amare/Nash... Marion's gotta go fer sure... it's the other small pieces...

dejordan 07-03-2007 10:45 AM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
i wouldn't trade Amare for anyone... literally... anyone... we're figuring a way to trade for KG without losing Amare/Nash... Marion's gotta go fer sure... it's the other small pieces...

even better if you can do it without strip-mining the team.

td21spurs 07-03-2007 11:00 AM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Clutch shots :rolleyes:

Koolbreeze07 07-03-2007 12:31 PM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Look as a KG fan I'll be straight up. The man as we all know can NOT carry a team. for years I was saying, "Man if only KG had help" and when he did he followed 35 year old Sam Cassel. KG will bring rebounding and defense. At this point he's similar to Chris Webber in the sense that he can't lead but he can support and follow. I think he can be a better defender on another team because he won't have the pressure. That's why the Lakers make sense for him. Kobe's the man and Kg wants nothing to do with that.

BballFan422 07-03-2007 02:27 PM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
I think his best fit would be with the Bulls or Lakers.

The Bulls for defense and low post scoring.

The Lakers for defense and scoring and he has somebody to take the pressure off in clutch situations.

I don't like him for the Suns because I think he would slow down their offense too much.

nash4eva!gosuns 07-03-2007 07:31 PM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BballFan422

I don't like him for the Suns because I think he would slow down their offense too much.


This is mainly what worries me most about his maybe coming to phoenix.
other than the fact that we'd have to let one or more of our young, core players go, in exchange for an older guy that may not fit as well...

and i really don't think i like the idea of him coming to the lakers...last time i heard of KG he scored 40 on us with amare so him and kobe together on one team would be horrible...at least from this point of view...

nash4eva!gosuns 07-03-2007 07:33 PM

Re: WHAT does KG bring to each team...?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dejordan
even better if you can do it without strip-mining the team.


he speaks the truth..i wouldn't want to give up barbosa....not a chance...or any guy for that matter except maybe KT, Diaw and Marion..everyone else really helps our system


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy