Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   East is powering up.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48127)

SuperboyXX0018 07-03-2007 12:31 AM

East is powering up....

With Kevin Durant and Greg Oden going West, you've figure the Basketball Gods would make things a little even with Ray Allen, Zach Randolph, Jason Richardson, and Rashard Lewis coming East.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-03-2007 12:32 AM

Re: East is powering up....

Those are big names coming to the East, This should get interesting.

HardTattooedThug 07-03-2007 12:34 AM

they are all grossly overapid. while the west loads up on young talent, the east desperately tries to catch up by talking on terrible contracts, and all in vain. the gap just widened.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-03-2007 12:35 AM

All those names above will most likely be all-stars in the east, Gaurenteed.

SuperboyXX0018 07-03-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardTattooedThug
they are all grossly overapid. while the west loads up on young talent, the east desperately tries to catch up by talking on terrible contracts, and all in vain. the gap just widened.

What does overpaid have to do with talent? Don't B.S.

Qwyjibo 07-03-2007 12:37 AM

And yet the top 4 (maybe 5) in the West will STILL be better than every team in the East.

L.Kizzle 07-03-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
All those names above will most likely be all-stars in the east, Gaurenteed.

Only Ray I see being a lock for an All-Star this upcoming season.

J-Rich is a NO and Shard an Bo are 50/50 as the foward spot is week.

SuperboyXX0018 07-03-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
And yet the top 4 (maybe 5) in the West will STILL be better than every team in the East.

No, maybe record wise.

bokes15 07-03-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Nah, I think that SA and Phoenix are solid up at 1 and 2.. Dallas has been exposed BADLY so we'll see how well they recouperate from that. And Houston and Utah, I wouldn't see them as locks to be higher than 1st place in the east this year.

HardTattooedThug 07-03-2007 12:42 AM

the new "big guns" in the east by yallz estimation didnt make a dent in the west, as far as the playoff picture they were nobodies. seattle won what 1 playoff series the entire time ray and shard were together, portland won absolutely nada with randolph and richardson was a perennial non-playoff participant for most of his career.

no wonder the east sucks, these cats who were completely insignificant in the west are expected to add "star power" to the east..........hahahahahahaha they will be laughing all the way to the bank cashing their fat paychecks while all cap flexibility shrivels up like an aging prune.

Qwyjibo 07-03-2007 12:43 AM

Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Jazz > The East. The Rockets are a maybe.

Just because the Mavs ran into a hot team that had them figured out doesn't suddenly make them an average team.

geeWiz15 07-03-2007 12:44 AM

I don't know what you're talking about, by far the 2 best names that you mentioned are going to the West, West still wins out. and don't kid yourself, Randolph will add nothing to the Knicks.

SuperboyXX0018 07-03-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Jazz > The East. The Rockets are a maybe.

Just because the Mavs ran into a hot team that had them figured out doesn't suddenly make them an average team.

The Pistons can't beat the Jazz or Mavs? The Cavs can't beat the Jazz or Mavs?

SuperboyXX0018 07-03-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't know what you're talking about, by far the 2 best names that you mentioned are going to the West, West still wins out. and don't kid yourself, Randolph will add nothing to the Knicks.

Nothing? 23 and 10 is nothing? And I said the East is powering up I didn't say it was better.

Qwyjibo 07-03-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

The Pistons can't beat the Jazz or Mavs?
I'd put my money on the Jazz and Mavs.

Quote:

The Cavs can't beat the Jazz or Mavs?
Any team can beat any team... as for the Cavs being an overall better team?? Absolutely not.