Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yao Ming (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48932)

Q.E.C 07-09-2007 05:32 PM

Yao Ming

will he be able to handle all the fast breaks and a faster temp of the game with adleman?? i think so. what do yall think?

Agent_Zero 07-09-2007 08:21 PM

Re: Yao Ming

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
will he be able to handle all the fast breaks and a faster temp of the game with adleman?? i think so. what do yall think?

he'll have to learn how, i guess. they will probably use the system rick used in sac town. run the offense through Yao and work from the high post. Drag him out and make him learn how to shoot outside jumpers. expect increased scoring, either way.

Team China 07-09-2007 08:34 PM

he always knew how to shoot outside jumpers. it shouldn't be a problem for Yao

luigi>mario 07-09-2007 09:21 PM

It could be similat to the old, title contender Kings.

The team was uptempo, with a rock they could go to in Webber in the half court. Yao has some similar tools in the jump shot.

In my limited observation I was very impressed with Van Gundy, I expected a lot from him and the young rockets in the future. But Adleman is also a great variant, no love lost.

selrahc 07-10-2007 12:43 AM

if yao could barely average 34 minutes per game in van gundy's slow ass system how is he going to play for adelman?

Q.E.C 07-10-2007 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
he'll have to learn how, i guess. they will probably use the system rick used in sac town. run the offense through Yao and work from the high post. Drag him out and make him learn how to shoot outside jumpers. expect increased scoring, either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAM China
he always knew how to shoot outside jumpers. it shouldn't be a problem for Yao

yea i think so, he couldn't be slower than vlade divac when he was with them. i think it might be better for yao.

UMDRox 07-10-2007 09:54 PM

Yao's scoring is likely to increase, but there is no PF.

jason816 07-11-2007 06:00 AM

i dun think Yao can keep up with the speed...
even if he does, his time on the court will be limited.

Yao's scoring will increase this coming season, no matter what system they are going to play.
Yao "The Dream" Ming~:rockon:

HTOWN AL 420 07-11-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMDRox
Yao's scoring is likely to increase, but there is no PF.

we must get one, as hayes, reed, and landry will not work.

yao can handle the up tempo style, as long as we get some easy baskets so he doesnt have to run to the post on offense on EVERY possesion.

this would be the best lineup

yao deke

haslem hayes landry

battier tmac snyder

tmac bonzi head

james brooks

alston, sura, lucas for haslem

UMDRox 07-12-2007 10:24 PM

Adelman better learn to adjust to Yao.

SCREWstonRockets 07-12-2007 11:53 PM

If I can recall, the Adleman-Blazer teams wern't exactly fast tempo and played great defense. He knows how to adapt to his players and I have no doubts he'll do the same with Yao Ming.