Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why do people hate Jaric (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4896)

TheBigAristotle1 07-11-2006 09:50 PM

Why do people hate Jaric

I realize he is obscenely overpaid, sure. 6 years 36 million is too much for such a generic player. But he doesn't suck, he is a good defender, passer, and brings a lot of toughness to a team. The only thing he can't do is score, and even there he is better then people give him credit for. He isn't worthy of being a starter but is a lot better then some of the starting pointgaurds in the league: Smush Parker, Chucky Atkins, Eric Snow, Damon S, Royal Ivey, etc.

He isn't starting calibre but he can give you 20-25 good minutes.

boshraptor4life 07-11-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
I realize he is obscenely overpaid, sure. 6 years 36 million is too much for such a generic player. But he doesn't suck, he is a good defender, passer, and brings a lot of toughness to a team. The only thing he can't do is score, and even there he is better then people give him credit for. He isn't worthy of being a starter but is a lot better then some of the starting pointgaurds in the league: Smush Parker, Chucky Atkins, Eric Snow, Damon S, Royal Ivey, etc.

He isn't starting calibre but he can give you 20-25 good minutes.

I think it was because he was brought in to help Garnett get the team to the playoffs and to be the starting PG, but he never panned out and saw a lot of time on the pine. I guess they shouldn't be hating Jaric, he's just not a pg, he's a sg/ or ideally a sf. They should love McHale for another intelligent basketball move.:rolleyes:

SecondFiddle 07-11-2006 09:54 PM

He is not that good of a player so I don't think that many people hate him, who really knows who he is?

saKf 07-11-2006 11:30 PM

The real question is "why does Jaric's own COACH hate him?"

Casey plays him so sporadically and for such inconsistent stretches of time that Jaric has no chance to develop continuity or confidence. Jaric under Casey just doesn't function well. I would SO love a new coach, but the Wolves won't give up on Casey until at least after this season, unless they REALLY tank hard.

32MJ32 07-12-2006 12:11 AM

Because he's ass..

He makes terrible decisions with the ball when it matters, doesn't shoot particularly well from distance and reaches way too much on defense.

TruNbaAnalyst 07-12-2006 12:30 AM

i think the reason people hate him so much is because he came for cassel.. they traded to get a better point gaurd. And instead cassel helps the clippers make the playoffs 2nd round and jaric did nothing in return and the wolves were worst

WoGiTaLiA1 07-12-2006 04:00 AM

what the Analyst said.

blinkbizk87 07-12-2006 04:44 AM

truthfully, jaric is definitely not overpaid, if u look at his career with the clippers, he definitely earned the contract he got, its just unfortunate he doesnt fit in with the team style, somethings just not rite there, the Wolves just have no chemistry so its not his fault for his poor play, and also like one of u guys said, the coach doesnt use him the right way, he gives him inconsistent time so Jaric doesnt even have time to get in his groove, i see him as a better fit for someone like Philly 76ers, hes definitely a good player, not the best but hes good, and once again, hes not overpaid, Jerome James makes like 6mill a year, Nene bout to make 10mill a year, Tim Thomas made like 14mill a year, so Jaric's 6mill a year is perfect, atleast with the way players r gettin paid nowadays it seems like the average pay nowadays is about 10mill for decent players, its sad, ben wallace and ron artest were making like 7mill a year, crazy NBA contracts, good agents

KKittles30 07-12-2006 08:25 AM

that's ok he'll be headed to portland for d-miles soon anyways!

Batchoy 07-12-2006 10:10 AM

I don't hate him. In fact, he is my starting PG on my fantasy basketball team on NBA 2K6. Should use his height more as a 6'7" PG and post the smaller PG's in the league. That's what I do whenever I play 2K6.

420puffer 07-12-2006 10:14 AM

He is a mediocre player at best. We definitely don't need him

TheBigAristotle1 07-12-2006 04:50 PM

The one thing about Jaric is that he can play point gaurd, which would be extremely valuable to a team like philly that needs a tall point gaurd to go with Iverson.

If Boston gets Iverson then they should try and trade for Jaric.

TheBigAristotle1 07-12-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He makes terrible decisions with the ball when it matters, doesn't shoot particularly well from distance and reaches way too much on defense.

His shooting is nothing special, agreed, but he comes up with a lot steals and puts a lot of pressure on opposing point gaurds.

hawkfan 07-12-2006 05:04 PM

He shouldn't have been traded for Cassell, and he is overpaid.

He is worth 4 years, $16 million.

He is being wildly overpaid. And he is in a bad system for his talents.

Skywalker 07-12-2006 05:05 PM

Why is it a bad system? explain