Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How long will it take for Wade to win MVP? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49020)

Ring_King#3 07-10-2007 12:56 PM

How long will it take for Wade to win MVP?

Please comment on what year/season Dwyane Wade will win MVP if you believe he is MVP material.

Personally, being a Die Hard Wade fan , i believe he has wat it takes to get MVP but what anoyys me is the way they NBA votes on MVP standards and close to 50% of the voting is by overall team standing and win/loss ratio.

If Mvp wasnt determined on the team and just players no doubt in my books the top of the list for MVP :
- Dwyane Wade
- Lebron James
- Kevin Garnett
- Kobe Bryant

all these players get close but dont win because teams like Mavericks and Phoenix are always winning and makes the chance of them winning MVP harder.

Let us know what you think!

(p.s Miami Fans - Mo Williams quoted "Miami is my Favourite NBA city" and being a free agent pat riley is keen on getting him)
Come on Pat get MO[/size][/color][/b][/i][/b][/b][/b][/b]

marny_navis 07-17-2007 03:16 PM

Re: How long will it take for Wade to win MVP?

This is my list of contenders for MVP, in no particular order:

Gilbert Arenas
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudemire

Outside Chance:
Chris Paul
Elton Brand
Michael Redd
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Carlos Boozer
Tracy McGrady

I think you can almost certainly eliminate everyone from the outsider list except possibly Chauncey Billups if Detroit has a 70 win season which is quite unlikely. Amare has a shot, but a very slim one. He has the potential, but I don't see him winning against guys like Kobe and LeBron. Yao has the possibility, but I don't see him consistently dominating enough to win either. Duncan's getting older and Garnett's team stinks so they're probably out. Kobe can't win and winning's important so he's probably out. Gilbert's getting in his prime and certainly has a shot, but I don't think the Wizard's can win enough even in the East for him to win it. It's down to Melo, Wade, James, Nash, and Nowitzki. Melo's got another star with him, so that could lessen his chances. Nash and Nowitzki are both on proven winning teams in the harder conference, while Wade and James are in the "JV League" as Stephen A. Smith likes to call it. Wade's on a pretty good team, so he has good chances. Bron's team is okay but not great. Whoever has the better record between Nash and Nowitzki, while still having good stats, should get the edge between them. So it's basically down to Wade, Nash, and Nowitzki. If Wade can dominate the East, which is very possible, and score over 30 which is what it'll probably take or at least over 27-28 then he might win. I think he could win it 2008-2009, when Nash and Nowitzki will start feeling the wear and tear, but Melo, Arenas, and James will all be very close, and by that time, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant will start blossoming, so Wade's best chance is within the next 2-3 years.

jailer 07-20-2007 05:35 PM

Wade will have to stay healthy and up all of his stats.Also lead his team to at least 57+wins.

brwnman 07-20-2007 11:18 PM

[quote=Ring_King#3]

Quote:

If Mvp wasnt determined on the team and just players no doubt in my books the top of the list for MVP :
- Dwyane Wade

yes, because your book is very limited to being a fan of wade because you are a miami fan...

poeticism707 08-23-2007 04:52 AM

"Re: How long will it take for Wade to win MVP?"

About as long it takes D-Whistle to average 20 bogus free-throws a game in the finals. Hey, he already has!:applause:

ZMonkey11 10-11-2007 05:45 PM

He gets a chance at the MVP once
a) his team can at least break the top 6 in record
b) the west stops dominating
c) he can carry his team to a great record without Shaq (and no he did not do this when shaq was out)

wally_world 10-15-2007 03:33 AM

as soon as Shaq retires but Heat continues to win...

A.M.G. 10-17-2007 12:22 PM

Realistically, Dwyane Wade will never win the Regular Season MVP Award.
Not taking anything away from him, he's a great player.