Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bynum and Farmar (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4908)

Kobe24 07-12-2006 01:25 AM

Bynum and Farmar

They are gonna be great and already have chemistry and are both great defenders.Bynum had 14/15 and 5 blocks in 3 quarters 2 days ago and followed that performance with 21/7 and 1 block and farmar is averaging 18/6 in 29 minutes.:banana:

fatboy11 07-12-2006 01:27 AM

That's cool.

But it's just summer league ball. Don't get your hopes up.

Wait until they do it in the regular season at least.

Kobe24 07-12-2006 01:28 AM

:( just excited.

kingsfan 07-12-2006 01:34 AM

Most people do well in summer leagues, whoopee doo.

Kobe24 07-12-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan
Most people do well in summer leagues, whoopee doo.

Stop looking at boxscores and actually watch them play

kingsfan 07-12-2006 01:38 AM

Stop hyping scrubs in summer league action.

XxNeXuSxX 07-12-2006 01:38 AM

Bynum will be a superstar it seems, I haven't seen enough of Farmar to say anything about him.

fatboy11 07-12-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe24
Stop looking at boxscores and actually watch them play

Ever seen Qyntel Woods or John Salmons play summer league ball?

Yeah, you would think they were destined to be All-Stars..........

Chamberlain 07-12-2006 01:40 AM

How can they already have chemistry after 2 games? It takes a long time to develop chemistry.

ExpatSunsFan 07-12-2006 01:40 AM

Farmar is a horrible defender, and not much of a shooter either. Plus, he's got Udrih disease--can't bring the ball up against serious pressure.

That's just his NCAA profile though. I'm sure it won't translate to the NBA the way his summer-league exploits will. ;)

HALLandOATES 07-12-2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe24
:( just excited.

aw, i just shed a tear

joe lucky 07-12-2006 01:48 AM

Bynum is most likely going to be good. Kid already shows he can handle himself at 18 in the paint against veteran guys. What I like about the kid is that he is hungry to play and is aggressive and strives to improve unlike those lazy Collins brothers or Samuel Delambert. He is getting better at his help defense the Lakers did well in drafting him. This kid is going to be special.
Farmar on the hand will need time. His ballhandling is subpar, his jumpshot is shaky and his defense is somewhat lousy. Just give him some time with Phil and the triangle though and he'll get decent eventually. Like Walton he's a smart kid and he'll learn to pick his spots and find a role on the Lakers much like Fisher did.

UCLAlegend32 07-12-2006 01:54 AM

why are people suprised that farmar is puting up great numbers. its a suprise when he dont. sure its only preseason and its nothin to get exicited about but common farmar is a student of the game he will adjust to the nba and thrive for years. common he had many great teachers back at ucla. the second Jordan era is about to begin. look out nba.

joe lucky 07-12-2006 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
why are people suprised that farmar is puting up great numbers. its a suprise when he dont. sure its only preseason and its nothin to get exicited about but common farmar is a student of the game he will adjust to the nba and thrive for years. common he had many great teachers back at ucla. the second Jordan era is about to begin. look out nba.

when I first saw him play at UCLA I didn't think he was that special. I just supported him b/c he was from Taft and thats like very close to where I used to live in the SFV. Everyone from back home said this kid was the truth so I was real eager to see what he could do for the Bruins. Despite his unpolished game what I did notice is his fearlessness he will take that clutch shot no matter what. Thats one thing he's definitely got going for him he has that winning attitude when the chips are down.

WoGiTaLiA1 07-12-2006 03:58 AM

Lakers fans are fun. They are almost as fun as Raptor fans when it comes to overrating everything their team does.