Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We need a shooter! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49314)

jailer 07-12-2007 05:31 PM

We need a shooter!

There is still morris peterson out there.Also jalen rose.What about jimmy jackson.We need more spot up shooters for this system to work.We had originally got cardinal for that purpose.But he spends more time hurt or on the bench then hitting threes.Any options im not sure about out there?

TarHeelBorn 07-12-2007 06:06 PM

Re: We need a shooter!

What's y'all cap space looking like after the Darko contract?

jailer 07-13-2007 12:08 AM

I think were still under by a little over two million.Also don't we have our midlevel exception still.So we can sign someone for five and half right?

TarHeelBorn 07-13-2007 01:11 PM

Ya, I y'all do have an MLE. The problem both the Griz (and the Bobcats) face is that every team has an MLE (unless they already used it this year). That means, if a team like the Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Pistons, etc throw an MLE at a player, 99 times out of 100 the player will go with them over our lowly non-championship caliber teams.

The other problem is that there are very few players remaining that deserve an MLE and you don't want to give that size contract to just anyone (cough, Cardinal, cough).

jailer 07-13-2007 03:52 PM

Hey cardinal is a.......not bald all the way yet.So that is something most men in there forties can't say.

The Italian 07-13-2007 11:19 PM

Who are the players on the team now that are good spot up shooters? I can only think of Miller. Gay has been improving but he is still just average. Whats Lowry and Kinsey like?

I agree that this needs to be adressed in order to be a running team. Jimmy Jackson would be pretty nice. He fit in well when he was with the Suns.

Tool 07-14-2007 12:46 AM

Ya'll got Mike C nice.

jailer 07-14-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool
Ya'll got Mike C nice.

Hurl your insults fuuny man.Conley will be in the top five point guards in two years.Anyways peterson just signed with the hornets.So the options are thining.

The Italian 07-14-2007 04:29 PM

Who are good shooting free agents that are still on the market?

TarHeelBorn 07-14-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Conley will be in the top five point guards in two years

That's a bold statement.

jailer 07-14-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
That's a bold statement.

It is I agree.And in three years I might look retarded.But also the top points right now in the league won't be that good in three years.The new crop of talent will be taking over.I excpect chris paul,deron williams,wade(if you call him a point),maybe raymond felton.Maybe t.j. ford.Tony parker is in top ten.I think he has a great shot at being up there.