Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What? We're actually deep? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49357)

$hotyme 07-13-2007 01:27 AM

What? We're actually deep?

PG: James-Alston-Brooks-JL3
SG: McGrady-Head-Snyder-Sura
SF: Battier-Wells-Reed
PF: Scola-Hayes-Landry-Novak
C: Yao-Mutombo-Butler

Francis is still in the hunt for the rockets, and If Scola turns out like what he can turn out , yes we are deep.

Ballastic 07-13-2007 02:52 AM

Re: What? We're actually deep?

Francis signed with the Clippers already.

kangaroostew 07-13-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $hotyme
PG: James-Alston-Brooks-JL3
SG: McGrady-Head-Snyder-Sura
SF: Battier-Wells-Reed
PF: Scola-Hayes-Landry-Novak
C: Yao-Mutombo-Butler

Francis is still in the hunt for the rockets, and If Scola turns out like what he can turn out , yes we are deep.

Teams can only carry 15, right? Barring another trade, at least 3 must be cut if Hayes and Mutombo are signed and Scola really comes to Houston. Sura and JLIII are two of them. Who else? Looks like Reed or Novak are on the bubble unless the Rockets work some kind of two or more for 1 deal. Then, who knows?

Scola looks like the real thing, but if San Antonio could not entice him to Texas, can Houston?

CAYO 07-13-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangaroostew
Teams can only carry 15, right? Barring another trade, at least 3 must be cut if Hayes and Mutombo are signed and Scola really comes to Houston. Sura and JLIII are two of them. Who else? Looks like Reed or Novak are on the bubble unless the Rockets work some kind of two or more for 1 deal. Then, who knows?

Scola looks like the real thing, but if San Antonio could not entice him to Texas, can Houston?

Who else? STEVE NOVAK RUNS THE FLOOR LIKE A CHICKEN AND HE SUCKS

HTOWN AL 420 07-13-2007 03:55 PM

francis has NOT signed with anyone, he was bought out for 30 mil by the trailblazers, but has NOT signed with the clippers yet

soory bud

$hotyme 07-13-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballastic

what are u talking about i haven't seen this yet

$hotyme 07-13-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangaroostew

I say reed novak has potential in this offense

Ballastic 07-14-2007 05:14 AM

My mistake, Francis hasnt signed with LAC, it was just a rumor.

jason816 07-14-2007 06:16 AM

there's no point putting Bob Sura's name on the list...
he will be cut as soon as the season begins...

HTOWN AL 420 07-14-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

My mistake, Francis hasnt signed with LAC, it was just a rumor.

yeah, but i think you are probably gonna be right.

he can go to the clips to be with cutino mobley, and also his business partner and ex teammate sam cassell.

i would be VERY surprised to see francis with the rockets, but if homer simpson found a spider pig, then i guess ANYTHING is possible

Moose 07-19-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Nope, http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4982185.html

Good Old Willy 07-24-2007 09:48 PM

Deep normally means solid starter-types pushed back to bench roles due to an abundance of talent. Rockets have some awesome players in Yao, McGrady and solid good players in Battier, Wells, etc. I definitely would not say the rockets are deep at the two Guards positions (with three PG's that could not start on any other top 10 team).

Some deep teams: Suns, Spurs, Raptors, Bulls off the top of my head

$hotyme 07-26-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Deep normally means solid starter-types pushed back to bench roles due to an abundance of talent. Rockets have some awesome players in Yao, McGrady and solid good players in Battier, Wells, etc. I definitely would not say the rockets are deep at the two Guards positions (with three PG's that could not start on any other top 10 team).

Some deep teams: Suns, Spurs, Raptors, Bulls off the top of my head

We are way deeper than the suns, and the raptors

CAYO 07-27-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $hotyme
We are way deeper than the suns, and the raptors

RAPTORS???? THE RAPTORS SUCK

Good Old Willy 07-27-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAYO
RAPTORS???? THE RAPTORS SUCK

Moving along.....:rollingeyes:

hotme, what's YOUR definition of deep, if it is not "solid starter-types pushed back to bench roles due to an abundance of talent."?

And which teams are deep?