Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chucky Atkins to Denver (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49358)

Y2Gezee 07-13-2007 12:44 AM

Chucky Atkins to Denver

Denver insider says its a 3yr deal with 3rd year of the deal being partially guaranteed.

I don't know the exact price, should be announced soon. But should definately be a good price as Blake was only looking for the MLE and he obviously isn't getting it from them.

I like it because it gives them a proven good outside shooter and the backup pg they need.

qwerty 07-13-2007 12:48 AM

Re: Chucky Atkins to Denver

Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers

Darsh 07-13-2007 12:50 AM

Ohh how exciting.

Might cripple the D a little, but i can live with that since i have been for so long.

LakerWarrior12 07-13-2007 01:00 AM

mhmh. He should have stayed in LA, but nooooooo. Kupcake had to trade him and Caron Butler for two waste of roster spots.

:pimp:

ALlArOuNDPIaya 07-13-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
mhmh. He should have stayed in LA, but nooooooo. Kupcake had to trade him and Caron Butler for two waste of roster spots.

:pimp:

From what I remember, most Laker fans hated Atkins with a passion.

I'm talking about ISH too. :(

Y2Gezee 07-13-2007 01:09 AM

I like the deal because I think it means AI is certainly now the starting pg for sure as Atkins can't defend nor really run the team, so no small starting backcourts anymore.

Plus Atkins can really shoot and he should pretty much provide what Boykins used to do off the bench, only probably less of a chucker or definately less of an overdribbler and a better shooter. And though he sucks defensively, certainly not as big a defensive liability as Earl who had a natural disadvantage with his height and didn't even try to boot.

gts 07-13-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
From what I remember, most Laker fans hated Atkins with a passion.

I'm talking about ISH too. :(

oh god yes... glad to see the guy go... total chucker who just jacks up bad shot after bad shot... no bb iq at all..maybe in a different system he's ok but not with the lakers...

Darsh 07-13-2007 01:42 AM

whats the source on this anyway

ReturnOfJimi 07-13-2007 01:46 AM

Denver needed

A) a backup PG (preferably a vet)
B) three point shooting

Atkins covered both.

He sucks, but he's not like some kinda key player or something.

As for this...

Quote:

Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers

Just gonna guess they won't all be on the court at the same time.

Doesn't George Karl like a team full of undersized chucks, anyway, like in MIL or the second half of his SEA stint?

GoldNugg21 07-13-2007 02:22 AM

I like this pickup, assuming Karl doesn't overplay him like he does Blake. Pick up Eddie Jones or Devin Brown (I'd prefer Eddie), and I'd call it a successful offseason.

Whether or not people like Atkins as a player, he brings a dimension to our team that we've never had before, and that's a PG who has both the guts and the ability to knock down open treys consistently. His defense is sketch, but perimeter defense can be covered, and he doesn't have to play alot to be effective. A smart player who will fit into a winning team.

NugzFan 07-13-2007 02:26 AM

good signing. we need some more outside shooting and this will definitely help in that category. and that in turn will open things up more for melo, ai and nene. (plus being cheaper than blake is good too).

wally_world 07-13-2007 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
Atkins
Smith
Carmelo
Iverson
4 chuckers

lol

francesco totti 07-13-2007 06:03 AM

not a bad signing, important is to put good bench team now as we have camby, nene,AI and Melo in starting line up.

WE ARE COMING NEXT SEASON FOR THE TITLE!

chains5000 07-13-2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti
not a bad signing, important is to put good bench team now as we have camby, nene,AI and Melo in starting line up.

You need better D before you even consider yourselves in the West top 3

StroShow4 07-13-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti

i certainly didnt expect to see anything like this when i clicked on a topic about chucker atkins