Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hornets sign Mo Peterson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49423)

Moose 07-13-2007 05:16 PM

Hornets sign Mo Peterson

http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2007/0..._peterson.html

Quote:

Free agent Morris Peterson of the Toronto Raptors, whom the Hornets' targeted as their top priority to sign in free agency, agreed to a four-year, $23 million contract with the Hornets on Friday.

Peterson will become the team's starting shooting guard and Peja Stojakvoic will be moved to small forward, his natural position. In 2004, the Hornets signed Peterson to an offer sheet but the Raptors matched it.

"Morris feels blessed for this opportunity to play for Coach Byron Scott with a great style of play,'' Peterson's agent, Rob Pelinka said. "To play with one of the top point guards in the NBA in Chris Paul and to play for an organization in a city where so much has happened that's just a part of Morris because he has family there.''

Negotiations between Pelinka and Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower moved at a brisk pace late Thursday night before the agreement was reached Friday afternooon. Peterson narrowed his choice between the Hornets and the Utah Jazz, whom he visited with earlier this week.

Peterson, 6 feet 7, is a seven-year veteran who has played his entire career with the Raptors. He is a career 37.1 percent shooter on 3-point attempts, but last season he averaged 8.9 points after losing his starting job.

Nice signing, the Hornets were after him in the offseason of 2004.

fatboy11 07-13-2007 05:18 PM

Re: Hornets sign Mo Peterson

Ah, the Hornets now have Herpes.

Moose 07-13-2007 05:19 PM

1 - Paul
2 - Peterson
3 - Peja
4 - West
5 - Chandler

Sweet starting 5 if you ask me.

LJJ 07-13-2007 05:22 PM

I thought he was was signing with the Jazz?

Oh well. New Orleans is a good fit as well.

Moose 07-13-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
I thought he was was signing with the Jazz?

Oh well. New Orleans is a good fit as well.

Wonder who the Jazz will sign.

YaoMacBat11 07-13-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Wonder who the Jazz will sign.

Joe SMith let the mormons rejoice!

BankShot 07-13-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaoMacBat11

but do they need another power forward? They already have Boozer, Millsap, and god help them, Collins and Arujao

CakeorDeath 07-13-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

but do they need another power forward? They already have Boozer, Millsap, and god help them, Collins and Arujao

Joe Smith, as in Joseph Smith, founding prophet and first president of the LDS church.

It was an attempt at humor. A pathetic and worthless attempt by a poster who can't seem to avoid invoking mormon sterotypes whenever the Utah Jazz are discussed.

BankShot 07-13-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Joe Smith, as in Joseph Smith, founding prophet and first president of the LDS church.

It was an attempt at humor. A pathetic and worthless attempt by a poster who can't seem to avoid invoking mormon sterotypes whenever that Utah Jazz are discussed.

oh ok

SCdac 07-13-2007 09:12 PM

Interesting news. Morris Peterson is a good player. Had a really good 2006 season I remember, averaged a career high 16.8 PPG. His minutes dropped big time in 06-07 though, maybe he'll be more of a factor in NO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
1 - Paul
2 - Peterson
3 - Peja
4 - West
5 - Chandler

Sweet starting 5 if you ask me.

Indeed. Hornets rounding up a decent group of players. Now, if only they can all stay healthy. I think both West and Peja missed a bunch of games last season, even Paul went down for awhile.

kumquat 07-13-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaoMacBat11

:roll: