Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I think it may be time for Stern to step down... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50303)

305Baller 07-21-2007 07:01 PM

I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
While Stern has been tightening the rules about players complaining to the refs, creating dress codes so players can look more professional and fining anyone that disagrees with his dictatorship.. the refs and the mob have been playing the league and its fans for suckers.

It's time for Stern to go. Bill Russell for commish.

jordan23 07-21-2007 07:05 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
David Stern is one of the best commisioners in all major sports. He needs to make tough decisions daily, due to poor player behavior, and other issues like the referee betting. He may seem liek he gives out harsh punishment, but it keeps things within the rules, and thats what good leaders should do. If he is trying to make his league look more organized and professional, instead of thuggish and immature, then good for him. I agree with what Stern does. He should stay.

statman32 07-21-2007 07:08 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 305Baller
While Stern has been tightening the rules about players complaining to the refs, creating dress codes so players can look more professional and fining anyone that disagrees with his dictatorship.. the refs and the mob have been playing the league and its fans for suckers.

It's time for Stern to go. Bill Russell for commish.


If you are going to suggest someone for the next commish at least make it realistic. My latest problem with Stern has to do with whether or not he knew of this investigation and let the ref referee games. Reports of Tim Donughy having trouble with the law in the past are also coming up and that right there shows that we need stricter punishments for these guys.

i seen hippos 07-21-2007 07:29 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 305Baller
While Stern has been tightening the rules about players complaining to the refs, creating dress codes so players can look more professional and fining anyone that disagrees with his dictatorship.. the refs and the mob have been playing the league and its fans for suckers.

It's time for Stern to go. Bill Russell for commish.


Ya, I can see a black commissioner. :rollingeyes:

305Baller 07-21-2007 07:30 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
If you are going to suggest someone for the next commish at least make it realistic. My latest problem with Stern has to do with whether or not he knew of this investigation and let the ref referee games. Reports of Tim Donughy having trouble with the law in the past are also coming up and that right there shows that we need stricter punishments for these guys.


Your right, maybe Bill Russell is a little unrealistic. Dick Cheney.

L.Kizzle 07-21-2007 07:39 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
No offense to Mr. Russell, but he's like 92 years old. We need someone younger like Clyde 'the Glide' Drexler for comish.

305Baller 07-21-2007 07:43 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
I like the idea of a former player, someone who can keep the game evolving at a players level, yet who is an authorative figure: Larry Bird...no wait...someone angrier.... Charles Barkley...wait, too dumb.... Michael Jordan...wait he had a gambling problem....ummm....****.

Wait...Jerry West? He IS the frigging logo...

KareemsGoggles 07-21-2007 07:55 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 305Baller
I like the idea of a former player, someone who can keep the game evolving at a players level, yet who is an authorative figure: Larry Bird...no wait...someone angrier.... Charles Barkley...wait, too dumb.... Michael Jordan...wait he had a gambling problem....ummm....****.

Wait...Jerry West? He IS the frigging logo...


I'd support it.

I've thought Stern has needed to go since he tried to CHANGE THE BALL.

305Baller 07-21-2007 07:58 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Hey what about Kareem?

FabCasablancas 07-21-2007 09:16 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
With all the technology now there is no excuse for the refereeing to be as bad an inconsistent as it has been for so long.. Stern did absolutely NOTHING to change that.. he is as complicit as this bad ref if not more so IMO. Cuban may be a dumbass and an idiot but he was right about the officating.. it needs a complete overhaul.. as much money as the league and players make there is no excuse for there not to be more technology used in officiating and more concrete rules defined and enforced.

How much do you want to bet the league makes up some BS story where they knew his reffing was bad and they had been on his trail.. when nothing could be further from the truth..

You know what I really wonder about now is if that whole Joey Crawford suspension was just a smokescreen because the NBA knew the FBI was investigating one of their refs and conicidentally Joey Crawford is reinstated with the league at the very same time this FBI investigation comes out in the media.. a conspiracy within a conspiracy..

305Baller 07-21-2007 09:21 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Tennis has that laser technology... that could help with out of bounds calls, making the referees jobs easier.

playstation 07-21-2007 09:37 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
i think Jerry Colangelo would be GREAT. he just finished completely disassociating himself with the Suns, and the guy is total class. runs team USA too, and folks really listen to him and respect him. he's not an ass-clown.

White Chocolate 07-21-2007 09:38 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
My dad has been accusing referees of gambling for 15 years. I disagreed at first, but I see it now. Stern will not step down, I can assure you of that. Two perfect examples of referees shaving points:

1)Bulls/Knicks: Game 5 1994
2)Lakers/Kings: Game 6 2002

Make It Rain 07-21-2007 10:14 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Tom Donaghy's been the only one accused so far. Do you even know if he ref'd those games?

bigboi_baller 07-21-2007 10:28 PM

Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate
My dad has been accusing referees of gambling for 15 years. I disagreed at first, but I see it now. Stern will not step down, I can assure you of that. Two perfect examples of referees shaving points:

1)Bulls/Knicks: Game 5 1994
2)Lakers/Kings: Game 6 2002

:cry: :cry: :cry:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy