Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA Live 08 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50474)

Interminator 07-23-2007 02:08 PM

NBA Live 08

Why dont they just use the same graphic engineering system as Madden?

why dont all of the EA games use the same system as Madden does?
Madden sells well cause of its graphics,why dont over games use it

otmtheshank 07-23-2007 02:14 PM

Re: NBA Live 08

Madden sells millions of copies because it's a just a great overall game. Ea will have to pretty much overhaul the whole live design(not just the graphics) if they want to have similar sales to Madden. Not to mention football is the most popular sport in the states by a large margin.

XxNeXuSxX 07-23-2007 02:21 PM

People still buy games for the graphics?

geeWiz15 07-23-2007 02:50 PM

Madden does NOT sell due to graphics.

Although one of the main reasons I hate live is because of how horrible their graphics are. It looks great in screenshots but when you're actually playing the game all the animations look horrible. 2k7 is miles ahead there.

They should stop trying to make everything exactly like it is in real life and instead try to make their animations just look decent in video game format.

JalenRawley 07-23-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Madden does NOT sell due to graphics.

Although one of the main reasons I hate live is because of how horrible their graphics are. It looks great in screenshots but when you're actually playing the game all the animations look horrible. 2k7 is miles ahead there.

They should stop trying to make everything exactly like it is in real life and instead try to make their animations just look decent in video game format.

Exactly. I don't care if I can see players sweat. I don't care if I can see each board in the parquet floor, I care that the player going in for the layup looks like a broken marionette.

And even more important to me is simple common sense bug fixing. It absolutely infuriates me when I go for a shot near the basket and it forces some awful jumpshot animation from six inches away from the rim. Or, you go for a move underneath and the player shoots from behind the backboard, or the worst is when you're going in for a layup and get blocked by the rim. Yeah, -THAT'S- what I wanted to do. This happens in both Live and 2k, so there's no reprieve for either series. If it's Tony Parker screaming in for a dunk from the free throw line, I could understand it, but when Yao's layup hits the bottom side of the rim, that's just piss-poor programming.

Make the gameplay smooth, make the animations smooth, THEN work on making the graphics realistic. Have you ever noticed that there are never any problems or bugs with the advertising/sponsors in the game? Those ads scroll by real nice on the scorer's table, don't they? ;)

32MJ32 07-23-2007 09:05 PM

There is a whole heap of NBA Live hate around here, and I agree, it is totally justified, but in EA Sports' defense, they are listening. They know it sucks.. and they're going to try to fix it.

There's a developer blog on ign.com that's well-worth reading. They're trying to iron out pretty much every bug I can think of. I'd post a link, but I'm not in a giving mood, so you guys can make your way there if you're interested.

ign.com/sports is a good start.

Top_Of_Tha_World 07-23-2007 09:13 PM

Live 06 wasn't that bad. 2K7 doesnt even let you control crossovers. It has way better features tho. Id rather play live cuz the games are more enjoyable.

yobore 07-23-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
Live 06 wasn't that bad. 2K7 doesnt even let you control crossovers. It has way better features tho. Id rather play live cuz the games are more enjoyable.

no

Top_Of_Tha_World 07-23-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yobore
no

lol ok ******.

kazaks 07-23-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

lol ok ******.

Damn dude, chill

Top_Of_Tha_World 07-23-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazaks
Damn dude, chill

chill about what I aint mad. Just funny that this duude said no for no reason.

brantonli 07-23-2007 10:01 PM

Is there any way to get hold of an NBA 2k8 disk for, I dunno, Xbox 360 or playstation 3 and turn it so that it fits for the computer?

kazaks 07-23-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

chill about what I aint mad. Just funny that this duude said no for no reason.

O alright my bad, you just came off a little strong

qwerty 07-23-2007 10:22 PM

yeah chill

Top_Of_Tha_World 07-23-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
yeah chill

iight just cuz you told me to.