Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rafer Alston Trade Ideas (Post in here) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50640)

steve franchise 07-25-2007 01:50 AM

Rafer Alston Trade Ideas (Post in here)
 
What the rockets need to do is trade Skip and Chuck Hayes for a quality PF
there's no point having Skip when we have a Steve Francis, Mike James and a future star on PG Aaron Brooks.
Hayes is a good hustler and rebounder but right now we need more offense
Scola can come off the bench to have depth.

I will not be surprised if Rockets get someone like Drew Gooden(Cle), Brian Cook(LAL), Wilcox(LAC), this teams need a point guard for sure.

lawlerslaw100 07-25-2007 02:07 AM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
The Heat and Rockets trading would make sense.

Rockets trade Alston to the Heat for Udonis Haslem, PF.
Other players could be added to the deal to make it
work within the cap.

dab0yech0 07-25-2007 02:51 AM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve franchise
What the rockets need to do is trade Skip and Chuck Hayes for a quality PF
there's no point having Skip when we have a Steve Francis, Mike James and a future star on PG Aaron Brooks.
Hayes is a good hustler and rebounder but right now we need more offense
Scola can come off the bench to have depth.

I will not be surprised if Rockets get someone like Drew Gooden(Cle), Brian Cook(LAL), Wilcox(LAC), this teams need a point guard for sure.


Wilcox has been a Sonic for more than 2 seasons now...

t-mac#1 07-25-2007 12:52 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
we can even take a look at a sign and trade involving varejo. Or maybe we can sign him late for cheap using are remaining mid level.

HTOWN AL 420 07-25-2007 02:33 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
The Heat and Rockets trading would make sense.

Rockets trade Alston to the Heat for Udonis Haslem, PF.
Other players could be added to the deal to make it
work within the cap.



it looks like the heat want to trade us

haslem and doleac

for

alston, sura, and hayes or reed

but hayes hasnt signed yet, so maybe we throw in reed or butler, but i would like to keep butler

elz 07-25-2007 03:22 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Yall really should go after webber instead

but haslem not bad considering yall got 3 pt guards

but Francis ain't a tru point guard he turns it over alot
and thinks shoot first and so does Mike James
Skip is actually more of a Tru point than the others
yall should never have signed Mike James and kept Skip and signed Webber

HTOWN AL 420 07-25-2007 03:32 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elz
Yall really should go after webber instead

but haslem not bad considering yall got 3 pt guards

but Francis ain't a tru point guard he turns it over alot
and thinks shoot first and so does Mike James
Skip is actually more of a Tru point than the others
yall should never have signed Mike James and kept Skip and signed Webber


i agree, and we wouldnt have james if we knew francis was coming.

c webb would work pretty well, but i think we have no $$$

Rockets(T-mac) 07-25-2007 06:52 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
C-Webb would be great but he would want more than the remaining MLE.

elz 07-26-2007 09:37 AM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
you could sign and trade Alston to Detroit if needed
done deal


yall need to do something before Tracey's Bad back forces him into early retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr4stl 07-26-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elz
Yall really should go after webber instead

but haslem not bad considering yall got 3 pt guards

but Francis ain't a tru point guard he turns it over alot
and thinks shoot first and so does Mike James
Skip is actually more of a Tru point than the others
yall should never have signed Mike James and kept Skip and signed Webber

I agree; sign Webber. Let's see: he knows Addleman's system; flourished under Addleman; one of the best passing big men (equals more back doors, lobs to Yao, etc.); a willing passer (James and Francis have shoot first mentality); can post up or knock down that elbow jumper; Rockets are a half-court team anyway; wants to win now; doesn't need a lot of $$ or minutes. A perfect fit!!!

dr4stl

Ballastic 07-26-2007 01:50 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Why does everyone keep saying Houston is a half court team now? They were under JVG but now that Adelman is the coach, theyre gonna have a more uptempo offense. Thats the whole reason they drafted Brooks. I really want them to go after Wilcox or Haslem, either one would be a perfect complement to Yao. Its only a matter of time before Rafer is shipped out of town. I wasnt too sure about Morey as the new GM but hes made some pretty solid moves without sacrificing too much in return.

steve franchise 07-27-2007 12:55 AM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr4stl
I agree; sign Webber. Let's see: he knows Addleman's system; flourished under Addleman; one of the best passing big men (equals more back doors, lobs to Yao, etc.); a willing passer (James and Francis have shoot first mentality); can post up or knock down that elbow jumper; Rockets are a half-court team anyway; wants to win now; doesn't need a lot of $$ or minutes. A perfect fit!!!

dr4stl


My friends I dont know about you but Webber is uhh...OLD so I think he would not be a good fit, but i understand what yall trying to say really I do.

dr4stl 07-27-2007 02:35 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve franchise
My friends I dont know about you but Webber is uhh...OLD so I think he would not be a good fit, but i understand what yall trying to say really I do.


I'm not saying Webber will be the saviour for the Rockets, but lets be realistic.
In the playoffs: Yao 25/10 44%, TMac 25/6 39%, Battier 10/4 45%,
Head 4.6 30%, Skip 11 34%, Howard 5/2 40% (team 41%). Cwebb for Detroit 10/6 52% in 25 min/game.

I just think he could give them another option. He could start a PF, play 15min and back up Yao at center for another 10.

Let's face it, Tmac is your best outside shooter and he has to work too hard for a shot (hence the 39%/playoffs). The only ball movement is basically when TMac sets up Yao or drive and dishes (to brickers). Not much interior passing and nobody really makes Tmac's life any easier. I just think Cwebb could. At worst, he would be an asset (on the court) helping in the transition to the Princeton offense.

No doubt Bonzi will make the Rockets stronger, but passing is not his (or
The Franchise or James') strong suit.

Go back and read the comments of Rip, Sheed, and Billups after Webber got there. You'll see over and over; "everything is easier now" "it's fun playing again", etc.

Look at Bibby's career since CWebb left; shooting % has declined every year.

Think about it!!

Also, you might want to keep in out of Dallas.

Q.E.C 07-27-2007 04:10 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr4stl
I'm not saying Webber will be the saviour for the Rockets, but lets be realistic.
In the playoffs: Yao 25/10 44%, TMac 25/6 39%, Battier 10/4 45%,
Head 4.6 30%, Skip 11 34%, Howard 5/2 40% (team 41%). Cwebb for Detroit 10/6 52% in 25 min/game.

I just think he could give them another option. He could start a PF, play 15min and back up Yao at center for another 10.

Let's face it, Tmac is your best outside shooter and he has to work too hard for a shot (hence the 39%/playoffs). The only ball movement is basically when TMac sets up Yao or drive and dishes (to brickers). Not much interior passing and nobody really makes Tmac's life any easier. I just think Cwebb could. At worst, he would be an asset (on the court) helping in the transition to the Princeton offense.

No doubt Bonzi will make the Rockets stronger, but passing is not his (or
The Franchise or James') strong suit.

Go back and read the comments of Rip, Sheed, and Billups after Webber got there. You'll see over and over; "everything is easier now" "it's fun playing again", etc.

Look at Bibby's career since CWebb left; shooting % has declined every year.

Think about it!!

Also, you might want to keep in out of Dallas.


i see where your coming from, some people just think c-webb is completely useless now. but he can still help.

A-MATT 07-27-2007 04:24 PM

Re: Trade Rafer Alston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
i see where your coming from, some people just think c-webb is completely useless now. but he can still help.


It dont think so.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy