Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   if you switched Iverson and Nash (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5071)

GothamKnight 07-13-2006 03:36 PM

if you switched Iverson and Nash
 
i think the Suns would be just as good if not better. the players Phoenix has would work really well with him imo.

Bell/Barbosa - shooters
Diaw - can run the offense
Amare - nuff said
Marion - rebounder/defender

The Answer 07-13-2006 03:39 PM

The Suns would still be awesome, but the sixers would suck.

Younggrease 07-13-2006 03:40 PM

...
 
If iverson was on the suns they would have won the championship. Iverson would score like 30 ppg but on a lot higher fg% and fewer shots and more assits because no one could double him.

ZHAKIDD532 07-13-2006 03:43 PM

i really doubt that, steve nash makes them go. When he sits they struggle, when he plays they're awesome, period...

Chamberlain 07-13-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
If iverson was on the suns they would have won the championship. Iverson would score like 30 ppg but on a lot higher fg% and fewer shots and more assits because no one could double him.


..are you serious right now?

Younggrease 07-13-2006 03:46 PM

...
 
yeah im serious. The floor being so spread would make him unstopable.

JtotheIzzo 07-13-2006 03:47 PM

Morons all of you above are morons....

for the amount of Canucks (Raptor fans) and international players, I can't believe how much Nash bashing goes on here.

Iverson makes the Suns better, holy falkin geezus crise!

Do you not know anything about Ball

Do you not remember how bad the Suns were with Marbury, that is your best AI barometer

Carbine 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

...
 
It comes down to two words - team needs. The Suns don't need someone to take over the offense because they have guys who can score the basketball - they need a player that creates, and in my opinion nobody is doing that better then Nash recently.

Philly on the other hand needs that scorer. Nash would be capable, but I don't believe he's someone you build an offense around to the tune of 25 shots a game. That's not his style.

JtotheIzzo 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamKnight
i think the Suns would be just as good if not better. the players Phoenix has would work really well with him imo.

Bell/Barbosa - shooters
Diaw - can run the offense
Amare - nuff said
Marion - rebounder/defender


GothamKnight- can smoke crack and have dellusional fantasies

Younggrease 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

...
 
Tell me how AI and MArbury are alike. AI is ten times better than MArbury and HOF plus a legit 1st option on any team. He has proven he could be a playmaker and his teammates respect him unlike marbury.

boshraptor4life 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

Nash would make Phili good because he'd share the ball with everyone, all the time. Iverson looks first for his own shot, then if it's not there then he'll pass. In Phoenix, sure Iverson would put up great numbers, but the team would not succeed. Iverson requires the ball at all times to be effective, Nash doesn't necessarily, with Diaw doing a lot of the handling also. It'd be the Iverson show, as it is in Phili.

JtotheIzzo 07-13-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
If iverson was on the suns they would have won the championship. Iverson would score like 30 ppg but on a lot higher fg% and fewer shots and more assits because no one could double him.


oh yeah, his career 400 playoff shooting percentage would skyrocket playing on the Suns

Big One 07-13-2006 03:54 PM

marbury isnt your allen iverson buddy...iverson can give huge boost to the offense that is already the best in the league, plus the floor is spread so much that if they double him he can just pass it right out and they have so many fnishers, if they dont double them then they are done, either way tey would be much better plus defensivly, iverson is much better than nash at defense and is great at deflecting passes. Iverson can also just drive it into the paint faster and just throw it to marion or amare for teh monster jam instead of having to throw it out to the free throw line to webber each time he drives in. He would have so many more assist than what he is getting right now. plus, back in marbury's day, amare wasnt at the level at which he is right now and teh team would just perform much better now with more experience overall. philly on the other hand would be much worse than the raptors.

B-Low 07-13-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
i really doubt that, steve nash makes them go. When he sits they struggle, when he plays they're awesome, period...


Can't you say the exact same thing for the Sixers, except Philly is MUCH worse without AI than Phoenix is without Nash IMO (If Amare is around)

JtotheIzzo 07-13-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
yeah im serious. The floor being so spread would make him unstopable.


the ball needs to move for the floor to spread, AI's 25 to 30 shots a night make that impossible, part of the reason the floor is spread is because Nash is a serious threat to set up a teammate, the floor would not be spread hence your arguments lick balls.

BTW with Marbury I said 'barometer' not the same, AI is much better, what I meant was he gives you an idea of how a ball controlling shot first player fits into the Phoenix system with those players, not well


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy