Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Will Tyrus Thomas start next year... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5096)

Younggrease 07-13-2006 06:39 PM

Will Tyrus Thomas start next year...

he looks good in summer league for what thats worth but he can also shot a little too. Im impressed. I dont think he is as raw as people say he is.

fatboy11 07-13-2006 06:42 PM

Nope. He ain't gonna start over PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, Loul Deng, or Andres Nocioni. I covered 3 positions even though he would only play two of them (3 and 4).

BlockAHoe 07-13-2006 06:46 PM

I think eventually next year. He just has to show he can play solid defense and not take stupid shots. Skiles isn't afraid to start rookies.

fatboy11 07-13-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlockAHoe
I think eventually next year. He just has to show he can play solid defense and not take stupid shots. Skiles isn't afraid to start rookies.

He wasn't scared to start rookies because that is all he used to have. He's got a veteran cast now.

Durant Durant 07-13-2006 06:48 PM

I think he will eventually take it away from P.J. Brown, depends on how 'NBA Ready' he really is.

tontoz 07-13-2006 06:49 PM

He views himself as a 3 and I don't see how he can be any better there than Deng at this point. I don't think he will start this year.

Younggrease 07-13-2006 06:51 PM

i was thinking use him like the suns used boris diaw.

BlockAHoe 07-13-2006 06:52 PM

Say what you will, but Big Ben And Thomas will be a force to reckon with. I think Thomas could potentially be better then Brown at gaurding 4s, and we all know how skiles values defense...

fatboy11 07-13-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

I think Thomas could potentially be better then Brown at gaurding 4s, and we all know how skiles values defense...
PJ Brown has been guarding 4s for over 10 years and getting praised for his ability to do so. He's a very sound defensive big man and you think some kid like Tyrus Thomas who barely has any major basketball experience is going to take that from him?

BlockAHoe 07-13-2006 07:28 PM

He's also getting slow with age. He's still a top notch defender, But I think Tyrus's Athletism is going to make him have better man D then P.J. I don't know if your a bulls fan, and I know blocks aren't everything, But just think of the dominance in the paint. Blocked shots, rebounds, animalistic screams of authority. Tyrus has a rare skill that P.J. doesn't with his instinct to block shots, and I really beleive that he is going to show people that he deserves the start over P.J. by seasons end. Not only with his D, I think people are going to be suprised that he isn't chandler esque on offense.

Maestro33 07-13-2006 07:31 PM

I think he will get a chance to. Not at the begining of the season but if the Bulls falter for a few games or feel they need to rest PJ, he will get some starts at PF probably. Were used to playing out of position so its likely.

Bosh4life 07-13-2006 07:35 PM

He may start a few games in the season but he wioll not be considered a starter due to the fact that the times he is in the starting line up will be few and far between.

glidedrxlr22 07-13-2006 07:42 PM

I think Tyrus Thomas and LaMarcus Aldridge are in the same position. They won't start, but will get some solid minutes....about 20 per game. They both will eventually become starters, but as of now there's too many bodies at their positions.

usama123 07-13-2006 11:03 PM

no i dont think so, unless someone gets injured

NBAfan32 07-14-2006 12:20 AM

No he wont start ahead of the vets that the Bulls have. He'd be the first big guy off the bench IMO.