Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who else wants Najera back? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51031)

Phenom 07-28-2007 05:57 PM

Who else wants Najera back?

If we could trade DGeore or Croshere for Najera, I'd be in Downtown Dallas celebrating that same hour. I always thought he had a promising career, but he's languished on the bench in Denver. Last I checked. I'd love to see him back in a Dallas uni.

Silent Mav 07-28-2007 11:34 PM

Re: Who else wants Najera back?

There was a rumor last year around the trade deadline about getting him back. I'd be all for it. He still a favorite with the players and the fans.

Phenom 07-29-2007 12:26 AM

Tough, draws charges, clogs the lanes, moved his feet well, got the long rebounds and was adept at boxing out. Excellent at cutting and finishing around the rim. I hope he hasn't regressed but I'd really like to see him back in Dallas. For what we give up in Crosh and George's outside shooting I can live with what he brings to the table.

Moose 07-29-2007 12:45 AM

I heard a couple of months ago that they were interested in bringing him back somehow. It's always good to see former players return to teams they had success in. ex...Francis (Rockets) Fisher (Lakers) Mason (Bucks)

kazaks 07-29-2007 01:17 AM

Am I the only Mavs fan who didnt like Najera?

BigDaddy 07-29-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenom
If we could trade DGeore or Croshere for Najera, I'd be in Downtown Dallas celebrating that same hour. I always thought he had a promising career, but he's languished on the bench in Denver. Last I checked. I'd love to see him back in a Dallas uni.

let me tell you something guys, thats not going to make a difference in the Dallas team. I mean it like a post up threat. Nowitzki said that they needed a low post presence(*thats a 7 footer saying that) when they lost the series against the warriors. I think think that Mark Cuban instead of trying to buy the cubs team, he needs to at least try and get a good player that nows to work in the paint. For example, Garnett, J.O'Neal or a role player like Drew Gooden. I just saying what i think is better.

Silent Mav 07-29-2007 10:11 AM

But how much do you have to give up to get KG or JO? And Gooden would be an expensive backup. Do you want him out there same time as Dirk? Dirk would have to move to center. A low post threat would be nice. But what would help just as much is a shooting guard that can consistantly hit the outside shot, drive to the rim, and play perimeter defense.

DirtyB41 07-30-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Mav
But how much do you have to give up to get KG or JO? And Gooden would be an expensive backup. Do you want him out there same time as Dirk? Dirk would have to move to center. A low post threat would be nice. But what would help just as much is a shooting guard that can consistantly hit the outside shot, drive to the rim, and play perimeter defense.

A point man who can get the ball to Dirk in tough spots would be a great help as well.

Silent Mav 07-30-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyB41
A point man who can get the ball to Dirk in tough spots would be a great help as well.

Very good point. At this time Barea might be the best pg for doing that. Not that I want JJB starting. And if they get Webber he would be a better passer than Devin or Jet.