Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52060)

DieHardBullsFan 08-07-2007 01:39 AM

Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
I want to ask you guys, who were the top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time?

IGOTGAME 08-07-2007 01:41 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Oscar Robinson...some people try to through him around in territory he doesnt belong

DirtyB41 08-07-2007 01:42 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
God I can just see the fire that this thread is going to end up spewing.

DieHardBullsFan 08-07-2007 01:44 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Oscar Robinson...some people try to through him around in territory he doesnt belong



Dude the thread says "Overrated" not "Underrated" ether you read this wrong or your smoking crack! :hammerhead:

L.Kizzle 08-07-2007 01:47 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
- Michael Jordan (OK he is probally the best player ever, but not by mile like so many say he is)
- Shaquille O'Neal
- Reggie Miller
- Gary Payton

DirtyB41 08-07-2007 01:47 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Oscar Robinson...some people try to through him around in territory he doesnt belong


The dude averaged a triple double for a season, and almost averaged it again in 3 other seasons. You're crazy.

IGOTGAME 08-07-2007 01:49 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyB41
The dude averaged a triple double for a season, and almost averaged it again in 3 other seasons. You're crazy.


exactly the reason why I think he is overrated...Thats all people say about say about him...Especailly people who havent watched him

like a certain someone Oscar couldnt win a ring without the arguably GOAT center(KAJ) never made it to the conference finals without him..

DirtyB41 08-07-2007 01:51 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
exactly the reason why I think he is overrated...Thats all people say about say about him...Especailly people who havent watched him


I never saw him play, but I'm guessing you haven't either. So the numbers is all you and I have to go on. And on those? He's one of the best players to ever be in the league. And for the record, I've never heard anyone who DID see him play talk about him in a negative light.

White Chocolate 08-07-2007 01:53 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
No particular order:


1)Harold Miner
2)Gheorge Muresan
3)Mark Jackson
4)Michael Olowokandi
5)Pervis Ellison
6)Reggie Miller
7)Jason Williams
8)Vlade Divac
9)Robert Horry
10)Ed O'Bannon

DieHardBullsFan 08-07-2007 01:53 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
exactly the reason why I think he is overrated...Thats all people say about say about him...Especailly people who havent watched him



basketballreference.com and look at his stats....

none of these guards in todays league (excluding LeBron) are not capable of putting up numbers like the Big "O" did...

other than "people who havent watched him play" give me some reasons to make us think that hes overrated...


side note: Im thinking of my top 10 list as we speak....

DieHardBullsFan 08-07-2007 02:00 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
alright here is my list

1. Robert Parrish
2. Pistol Pete
3. James Worthy
4. Tom Chambers
5. George Gervin
6. Ray Allen
7. Glenn Robinson
8. Dayrrl Dawkins
9. Chris Webber
10. Bruce Bowen

note: No particular order

IGOTGAME 08-07-2007 02:03 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
basketballreference.com and look at his stats....

none of these guards in todays league (excluding LeBron) are not capable of putting up numbers like the Big "O" did...

other than "people who havent watched him play" give me some reasons to make us think that hes overrated...


side note: Im thinking of my top 10 list as we speak....


but they are capable of making it past the second round...something that Big O never did without KAJ in the twilight of his career...

The only way you get a triple double with 30 points and that many assits to dominate the ball so much that others wont have a chance to really get a feel...The only person I know did something similar in points and assits for a year was Tiny archinbald and people say dude just dominated the ball a ton...

People try to put Big O in the same sentence as Shaq, TD and he isnt there...he isnt on Bird and MAgic's level either...

DirtyB41 08-07-2007 02:03 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
alright here is my list

1. Robert Parrish
2. Pistol Pete
3. James Worthy
4. Tom Chambers
5. George Gervin
6. Ray Allen
7. Glenn Robinson
8. Dayrrl Dawkins
9. Chris Webber
10. Bruce Bowen

note: No particular order


As far as star players who are overrated go, you pretty much nailed it with this one.
:cheers:

Darsh 08-07-2007 02:05 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate
No particular order:


1)Harold Miner
2)Gheorge Muresan
3)Mark Jackson
4)Michael Olowokandi
5)Pervis Ellison
6)Reggie Miller
7)Jason Williams
8)Vlade Divac
9)Robert Horry
10)Ed O'Bannon


Who the hell overrates the kandi man?

DieHardBullsFan 08-07-2007 02:07 AM

Re: Top 10 most overrated NBA players of all-time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
but they are capable of making it past the second round...something that Big O never did without KAJ in the twilight of his career...

The only way you get a triple double with 30 points and that many assits to dominate the ball so much that others wont have a chance to really get a feel...The only person I know did something similar in points and assits for a year was Tiny archinbald and people say dude just dominated the ball a ton...

People try to put Big O in the same sentence as Shaq, TD and he isnt there...he isnt on Bird and MAgic's level either...


umm the "Big O" and Tiny were both point guards and the majority of the offense is going to go through you...its hard to score 30 points and dish out 10 assist and thats not all, have the engergy to rebound and play both ends for the floor.......

and how many superstars went past the second round or won a championship by thierselves, I mean it takes two to get the Larry Obrien!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy