Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2k7 question... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52100)

Mathius 08-07-2007 01:23 PM

NBA 2k7 question...

I was fiddling with this game the other day and wondering just what some of you guys are doing about the new rookie crop? I idly considered just using the Create-A-Player feature, but it is so limited that almost everyone I create looks the same because there's only like 8 faces to choose from.

If I had the PS2 modem, could I download new rosters?

What's it cost to use that thing?

Also, is there a way to edit player salaries? I mean I stuck Jalen Rose on the Suns last season, but he still had his 18mil salary.

Mathius

Mathius 08-07-2007 03:49 PM

Re: NBA 2k7 question...

So... none of you guys are gonna play 2k7 again? You're just gonna run out and buy 2K8?

Mathius

det2orl 08-07-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathius
So... none of you guys are gonna play 2k7 again? You're just gonna run out and buy 2K8?

Mathius

Yep, because there will be added features like the all star weekend, not just a roster update.

Mathius 08-07-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by det2orl
Yep, because there will be added features like the all star weekend, not just a roster update.

Yeah, well I don't have money to run out and buy a new copy every year, especially since they're probably not going to make it for PS2 this year, or if they do, it'll be an afterthought with very little that 2K7 didn't already have.

And I'm sure as hell not wasting my money on a PS3.

Anyone who's gonna play 2k7 again want to answer my question?

Mathius

funkylikemonkey 08-07-2007 04:29 PM

$30 a year isn't a crippling investment.

MJ23 08-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Yeah, well I don't have money to run out and buy a new copy every year, especially since they're probably not going to make it for PS2 this year, or if they do, it'll be an afterthought with very little that 2K7 didn't already have.

Mathius

i have 2k7 for the ps2 and the 360... you cant edit salaries, and that i dont know bout that modem....

det2orl 08-07-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Mathius

Oh you're on a PS2. They probably won't have the added features anyway. You're more than likely going to have to create the rookies.

Mathius 08-07-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
$30 a year isn't a crippling investment.

Well tell your mommy to buy me a copy then. I've got a car payment, rent, and bills to pay. Can I afford $30? yes, but it's money better spent somewhere else.

Mathius

Richie2k6 08-07-2007 05:33 PM

I have it for PS2, and I don't even bother downloading the new rookies; I don't even know if you can. I just created the main ones (Oden, Durant, Horford, Conley, etc).

skan72 08-07-2007 05:35 PM

if you get that modem you can download the new rosters

Mathius 08-07-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skan72
if you get that modem you can download the new rosters

That's what I wanted to know. I think my buddy has one.

It kind've becomes pointless to add Ray Allen to Boston, when you can't put Durant and Green on Seattle. After a while, you just more or less have to stop doing trades, or add the rookies.

Mathius

GoRapz 08-07-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Well tell your mommy to buy me a copy then. I've got a car payment, rent, and bills to pay. Can I afford $30? yes, but it's money better spent somewhere else.

Mathius

Another option: Rent it.

Jakez On Point11 08-07-2007 08:06 PM

I got 2K7 prob. the best thing to do is download the new rosters if u have internet if not well ur screwed wait till august i guess....

truwarrior93 08-07-2007 08:20 PM

does anyone know if 2k8 comes out for xbox?

Richie2k6 08-07-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truwarrior93
does anyone know if 2k8 comes out for xbox?

Right now only Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are confirmed. Playstation 2 is likely, but I don't know about Xbox. More people have 360 instead of the original Xbox, so that's why they might not put it out for the original, wheras many many more people have a PS2 than a PS3, so it will probably come out for PS2 so it can sell a lot.