Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Spurs out of contengent??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5261)

wally_world 07-15-2006 05:48 AM

Spurs out of contengent???

Spurs seems to be getting worse... with up and coming teams like Celtics, Hornets, Bulls... would they fall out in 1st round next year? or worse still miss the playoffs???!!!

JRICH23 07-15-2006 02:55 PM

This has to be one of the dumbest questions ever. With a nucleus of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili the spurs are always going to be contenders in the west.

The Real GM 07-15-2006 08:13 PM

Was that a pun? They are still a top 5 title contender. They have arguably the best big 3 in the league and the most under-rated coach. Jackie Butler would be a nice signing if NY doesn't match the offer sheet, but I don't know about the Elson offer. Granted it's a short deal, so they could get out of it. I wish they would sign and trade for Al Harrington who would play the 4 and move Duncan over to his natural 5 to give them the more modernized look they want. Harrington wants to play with a winner and they could find a third team to involve in the deal. I doubt it will happen with Indiana and Golden State pushing hard for his services. I also wish they would offer Luis Scola a contract, who is most likely playing overseas next year. The Spurs will be fine, and will have their big 3 rested, healthy, and ready to go next year. They are still a serious title contender.

Bricklayer 07-17-2006 12:21 AM

Yeah, some teams are improving, but they got a long ways to go before they hit Spurs status. And the Spurs aren't getting worse. Their role players change from year to year, but their core remains the same. And they're not exactly old... Duncan's what? 30? Ginobli's 28 and Parker just turned 24. When the jazz were peaking in the mid to late 90's, Malone and Stockton were around 37. I compare them to the Jazz cuz both teams are under coaches who coach very cerebral games. Even if the Spurs' core gets older and less athletic, their smarts will continue to beat the opponents. Barring any injuries or trades, I'd say the Spurs have another 5 good years in em.

KnicksFan4Life 07-17-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Spurs seems to be getting worse... with up and coming teams like Celtics, Hornets, Bulls... would they fall out in 1st round next year? or worse still miss the playoffs???!!!

What drugged up world do you live in? Last time I checked TD was a dominant force, Tony Parker was an All-Star, Ginobli was an excellent player, and Bruce Bowen was a lock-down defender.

timmyD 07-19-2006 01:15 PM

take it easy...

this guy IS from singapore AND like wally world... so he might have things a little to hopeful for him to see the spurs go down. I wouldnt mind seeing the spurs miss the playoffs this year and this year only... because.... GREG ODEN!! mand itd be like the three rings all over again cept duncan as the tutor.

SpursFan22 07-21-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world

Your Nuts the spurs are deffinetally contenders plus they have 2 extra draft picks next year so they will deffinetally be in the top 2

SpursFan22 07-21-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
What drugged up world do you live in? Last time I checked TD was a dominant force, Tony Parker was an All-Star, Ginobli was an excellent player, and Bruce Bowen was a lock-down defender.

See he is a Knicks fan and he can still see that the spurs are a great team!

SsKSpurs21 07-26-2006 05:16 AM

first of all celtics and bulls are in the east, so they have no impact on if the spurs make the playoffs or not.

and this is how i see the west

dallas
phx
spurs
rockets
etc.

bhing182 08-01-2006 07:58 AM

the spurs and the mavs are the 2 top teams in the nba but i still gi for the spurs as the best team in the west

different107 08-02-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhing182
the spurs and the mavs are the 2 top teams in the nba but i still gi for the spurs as the best team in the west

ya but i think the mavs are going to do better now because they proved to themselves that they can win the west...it seemed like that was all they needed to do was prove it to themselves

The Italian 08-02-2006 03:28 AM

Spurs are still a top 4 team in the league. There is now way that they will lose in the first round let alone miss the playoffs. I thought that everybody knew that but apperantly not.

sixty 08-02-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
first of all celtics and bulls are in the east, so they have no impact on if the spurs make the playoffs or not.

and this is how i see the west

dallas
phx
spurs
rockets
etc.

Wow.... I wouldn't be that optimistic.

But if Yao and Mac' are healthy anything can happen', agree.

BTW: Clippers could be very hot to handle this year.

STATfan32 08-03-2006 11:40 PM

yeah with duncan, parker, and ginobili the spurs will always be a contender, even tho i hate them (suns fan) when they play us, but the tables are turning........

Rapsfan4life 08-04-2006 03:20 PM

as long as the Spurs keep the Big 3 and add role players, they will be always in good shape come playoff time.