Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What the lineup could be next year... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5268)

ZHAKIDD532 07-15-2006 11:04 AM

What the lineup could be next year...

Kidd/M. Williams
Carter/Wright
Jefferson/Adams
Collins/Robinson (:mad:)
Krstic/Boone

Other reserves: Planinic, E. Williams, Nachbar

This is as of now, we don't know who else they could sign or trade for between now in the season. A lot of young players there, but they all come from good college programs. Plus they have 5 real veterans to help them out. I'm not worried at all. I still don't like Cliff coming back, but whatever...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-24-2006 07:08 PM

re:

Wright is not going to be the number sub 1 off the bench at the SG position.

based on summer league play, I am not fully convinced he can handle sub duties for Carter.

look for Frank to use a 5 guard rotation overall during the course of the season with Carter and Jefferson each getting over 35mpg, and Kidd getting about ~30MPG, and Marcus Williams with some time at the 2 guard.

whaley82 07-24-2006 09:42 PM

We really need to drop Planinic he hasn't shown any sign of improvment other then this year he could make open lay-ups. Or does any know something about him that I don't know, and we should keep him because of that.

And I disagree I thought Wright played fairly well in summer league and just add Kidd and RJ and Krstic and people like that out there on the court and I think He will do fine.

dblockrep2 07-24-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaley82
We really need to drop Planinic he hasn't shown any sign of improvment other then this year he could make open lay-ups. Or does any know something about him that I don't know, and we should keep him because of that.

And I disagree I thought Wright played fairly well in summer league and just add Kidd and RJ and Krstic and people like that out there on the court and I think He will do fine.

Co-sign, Wright did well during the summer league the thing is last season Lawrence frank took him out of games everytime he made a mistake. You want a guy to experience NBA level basketball at the same time you can't take him out of games when he makes a mistake.

About Planinic, Zoran expects to be traded or bought out of his contract this summer. Word is Spanish basketball team, FC Barcelona want him :confusedshrug:

whaley82 07-24-2006 10:54 PM

Alright thats good I have never liked him. Not many people are gonna wanna trade for him so Id say hed be bought out but I dunno why theyd want him like I said this year he learned to make open lay ups

IlliniFan 07-24-2006 11:51 PM

Keep Boone out of that line up for another 4-6 months. :ohwell:

ZHAKIDD532 07-25-2006 07:02 AM

If the Nets sign Lorenzan Wright, I'll be happy for next season...

whaley82 07-25-2006 01:38 PM

there looking at Eddie House now too, For Shooting, If we could get Wright and House that would help a lot. Because were not a great outside shooting team.

ZHAKIDD532 07-25-2006 06:05 PM

yeah house could definetly help...

whaley82 07-25-2006 08:14 PM

How much money do we have to spend, Is it like we can only pick up like Wright or House or do we have enough to pick them both up?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-25-2006 10:52 PM

re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Keep Boone out of that line up for another 4-6 months. :ohwell:

this is just terrible for Boone.

he will miss his first training camp (which is much more important than you think) and will have to learn the offense on the fly, and when the tim ecomes will be limited to certain assignments and most likely not get a rotation spot.

this will make or break Josh Boone's NBA Career.. how well he adjusts to adversity.