Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   where's your hot spot? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53086)

wally_world 08-18-2007 02:51 AM

where's your hot spot?

any place outside the paint... where do you hit best? i'll get around 8 out of 10 just behind the FT line... i would dribble and bring the ball up at high speed and take 2 steps for momentum and pull up for a J... pretty effective... how bout yours?

hwliuLAP 08-18-2007 03:06 AM

Re: where's your hot spot?

same thing, right behind the FT line, I like getting the pick and pop whenever we check the ball, or I like to be on the end of the baseline, I can shoot pretty well when I'm open, or I just dribble toward the middle to do a fake and pop.

Sometimes I try to not fall in love with jumpers tho, so I usually just slash and pass and hope that the open J would fall.

hippos 08-18-2007 03:07 AM

girls hot sport is the ******. so hot ya ghota liet your difgck hyvbenate in that ****.

Lebron23 08-18-2007 03:09 AM

MY hot spot is the middle of a lane as a SF i love driving into the lane so that i can get contact after my shoot went in. I am not a very good 3 Pts. Shooter but i am decent jump shooter hitting those corner jumpshoots.

Wo1fshadow 08-18-2007 04:43 AM

about 45 degrees to the rim, the closer the better.

wally_world 08-18-2007 07:06 AM

im pretty good at around 16ft from the basket too... normally on the sides where i can bank it in... is going off the glass more effective than aiming for net?

AtTheDriveIn 08-18-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
im pretty good at around 16ft from the basket too... normally on the sides where i can bank it in... is going off the glass more effective than aiming for net?

Depends where you are.

When you're inside, it definitely is. Outside though, it has the same effect either way you go. I prefer to shoot at the hoop instead of banking it, but sometimes it's just simpler to go for a bank.

wang4three 08-18-2007 07:42 AM

Anywhere behind the three point line. Wang 4 three all day.

gb8 08-18-2007 08:14 AM

The bank shot ala duncan and the baseline fadeaways. Was practicing my 35 footers yesterday 3 of 10 so that shall be the next hot spot.lol.

wally_world 08-18-2007 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb8
The bank shot ala duncan and the baseline fadeaways. Was practicing my 35 footers yesterday 3 of 10 so that shall be the next hot spot.lol.

where is 35 feet?

i'm pretty good from half-court... i use something like Marion's shooting style for a burst of strength... i can make 2 out of 10 but mostly will bounce out the rim... won't really miss that far... i think that's cool...

wally_world 08-18-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Anywhere behind the three point line. Wang 4 three all day.

for real? how many can you make? i normally go 5 to 6 from trey... decent from where i come from...

brantonli 08-18-2007 09:01 AM

I don't know why, but when I'm against superior competition, I always seem to make that little running floater in the middle of the lane (I once hit 4-4 within five minutes in a pickup game once with that), even I couldn't believe they all went it becuase, well, they usually don't. However, when I've got sufficient size, I try to go for the easiest shot, which would be right next to the basket.

gb8 08-18-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

where is 35 feet?

i'm pretty good from half-court... i use something like Marion's shooting style for a burst of strength... i can make 2 out of 10 but mostly will bounce out the rim... won't really miss that far... i think that's cool...

Its like 3 steps inside the half court line I think. Like the kinda range you see guys like t mac kobe and gilbert just comfprtably shooting from.

wally_world 08-18-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb8
Its like 3 steps inside the half court line I think. Like the kinda range you see guys like t mac kobe and gilbert just comfprtably shooting from.

wow... 3 out of 10 is pretty sick... from where i come from the court is kinda smaller than the NBA court... so my half court is more like 2/5 court?

gb8 08-18-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

wow... 3 out of 10 is pretty sick... from where i come from the court is kinda smaller than the NBA court... so my half court is more like 2/5 court?

Thats the best I hit most are clanking to the right for some reason. Tried shooting a few in a scrimmage game hit like one in a whole 3 hour session so its hardly a percentage shot.