Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53142)

Dizzle-2k7 08-18-2007 08:37 PM

USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
I see the US team having huge chemistry issues unless everyone defers to Kobe.

The only one I worry about is Lebron. Melo knows best. Kidd knows. Amare knows. Everyone knows except Lebron.

Does Coach K have the cajones to bench Lebron in the closing minutes of a crucial game? Kidd, Melo, Kobe, and 2 big men (dwight/amare/boozer) should be in at the end of a game... its a fact.

Good Old Willy 08-18-2007 08:42 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
I see the US team having huge chemistry issues unless everyone defers to Kobe.

The only one I worry about is Lebron. Melo knows best. Kidd knows. Amare knows. Everyone knows except Lebron.

Does Coach K have the cajones to bench Lebron in the closing minutes of a crucial game? Kidd, Melo, Kobe, and 2 big men (dwight/amare/boozer) should be in at the end of a game... its a fact.


"defers..." huh?

ALL the kids mentioned above (possibly with the exception of Kidd) need to all shush up with this nonsense talk of who the "leader" of the team is.

Dizzle-2k7 08-18-2007 08:44 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
gimmick accounts need not participate in this thread.

AI Nuggets3 08-18-2007 08:51 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Melo will lead in scoring. Kobe will "lead" the team tho.

gts 08-18-2007 08:52 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
from what i saw in the playoffs this past season the last person coach k needs to worry about from a teamwork aspect is Lebron... he's a lot more of a team player than some on that roster

Agent_Zero 08-18-2007 08:53 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
The problem is when players start worrying about whose the leader instead of meshing cohesively.

willy is a good poster, btw.

Poseidon 08-18-2007 09:21 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
Melo will lead in scoring. Kobe will "lead" the team tho.


The only thing Melo will lead the team in is SHOTS ATTEMPTS.....because he does nothing but "chuck" the ball.

Kobe will lead the team in points, steals and clutch shots made.

Melo knows his damn role....so does everyone else on that team. LeBronze better START to know his role or else there's gonna be some serious issues (ie his ass being benched).

geeWiz15 08-18-2007 09:24 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Yes because we all know how successful teams are when they are built around Kobe.

Poseidon 08-18-2007 09:28 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Yes because we all know how successful teams are when they are built around Kobe.


Didn't Gilbert FAKE an "injury" from the last Team USA try-outs because the coaches were about to cut his one-dimensional ASS and he wanted to save face?

Yeah that's what I thought. :oldlol:

RidonKs 08-18-2007 09:34 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon
Didn't Gilbert FAKE an "injury" from the last Team USA try-outs because the coaches were about to cut his one-dimensional ASS and he wanted to save face?

Yeah that's what I thought. :oldlol:

Ooooh, super burn. Just try responding to that one wiz. He totally dissed a basketball player who you've never met or had any contact with.

Dem's fightin' words.

Rockets(T-mac) 08-18-2007 09:35 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
I don't think they should defer completely to Kobe. Just work together, spread the scoring more. But Kobe is for sure the one to take big shots. (Kidd can also be given the ball to make a play)

AI Nuggets3 08-18-2007 09:53 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon
The only thing Melo will lead the team in is SHOTS ATTEMPTS.....because he does nothing but "chuck" the ball.

Kobe
will lead the team in points, steals and clutch shots made.

Melo knows his damn role....so does everyone else on that team. LeBronze better START to know his role or else there's gonna be some serious issues (ie his ass being benched).


:roll: oh its too ironic

Dizzle-2k7 08-18-2007 09:56 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Yes because we all know how successful teams are when they are built around Kobe.


when has a team ever been built around kobe?

you call smush parker, kwame brown, lamar odom a team thats built for Kobe?

:roll:

Poseidon 08-18-2007 09:59 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
Ooooh, super burn. Just try responding to that one wiz. He totally dissed a basketball player who you've never met or had any contact with.

Dem's fightin' words.


Wrong you clueless dimwit. I was merely pointing out a FACT. No need to come to the defense of your internet butt-buddy.

Shogon Vendetta 08-18-2007 10:18 PM

Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
when has a team ever been built around kobe?

you call smush parker, kwame brown, lamar odom a team thats built for Kobe?

:roll:


Considering they gave Shaq away in order to rush to re-sign Kobe, I'd say... yes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy