Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deal Involving Kobe Bryant (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53214)

Interminator 08-19-2007 06:49 PM

Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
As much as all of these trades will be ridiculed these are the only places I can see a trade being made for him

Quote:

Portland:Kobe Bryant
LA:LaMarcus Aldridge,Martell Webster,Brandon Roy,Sergio Rodriguez,Raef LaFrentz,2 Future First Round Picks

LA brings back 3 good future prospects,a pure ballhandling PG and an expirer

There is NO other team that sensibly could make a deal thats at least half decent for LA

Kobe24 08-19-2007 06:51 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
I doubt Portland would do that. Scratch that. Portland WOULDN'T do that.

Richie2k6 08-19-2007 06:52 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
And Portland also loses a guaranteed future All-Star and amazing potential in Roy, as well as Aldrige, more talent, Webster and Rodriguez. So basically their entire base of young players is dismantled except Oden and a few others not as good.

No.

brantonli 08-19-2007 06:52 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
And why on earth would the Trailblazers just dump all the hard work they did in the 06 draft just to get one player in return, when that one player wants to play in the east more than the west. You'll be removing the building blocks of the franchise, and that team is built for the future when teams like Spurs and Suns get old.

Fudge 08-19-2007 06:52 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
I don't get it mayne.

Interminator 08-19-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
That was the only location I could see him going to in a trade

Maybe to Philadelphia for Iggy??:confusedshrug:

clipps 08-19-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Wow. The Blazers would lose too many players in this deal. The Blazers would be even more depleted than the Celtics after the trade for KG. Lakers would be stacked with young talent with a trade like that.

Richie2k6 08-19-2007 07:04 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
That was the only location I could see him going to in a trade

Maybe to Philadelphia for Iggy??:confusedshrug:

Still no. If Kobe were to go to Philadelphia for Iguodala, he'll be in the same situation as Los Angeles - no solid side kick. And plus, Iguodala is too young and valuable to trade for Kobe, because you'll have to add big contracts in like Dalembert or Green.

Kobe24 08-19-2007 07:10 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
That was the only location I could see him going to in a trade

Maybe to Philadelphia for Iggy??:confusedshrug:


A) Kobe has a trade clause. Denied.

B) Lakers would need more than Iggy

gts 08-19-2007 07:11 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Still no. If Kobe were to go to Philadelphia for Iguodala, he'll be in the same situation as Los Angeles - no solid side kick. And plus, Iguodala is too young and valuable to trade for Kobe, because you'll have to add big contracts in like Dalembert or Green.

well that's not just a problem in philly it's a problem anywhere you trade him, between his huge salary that HAS to be matched and the talent level he supplies any team that tries to aquire him is going to endup gutting itself...

lurch67 08-19-2007 07:20 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
well that's not just a problem in philly it's a problem anywhere you trade him, between his huge salary that HAS to be matched and the talent level he supplies any team that tries to aquire him is going to endup gutting itself...

WHAT:eek: You can't get Kobe for one half way ok player and scrubs? Can't you just give them #1 picks for like 20 yrs? We'll just add filler to the deal. Yeah, that should work. Right:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :roll:

gts 08-19-2007 07:22 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch67
WHAT:eek: You can't get Kobe for one half way ok player and scrubs? Can't you just give them #1 picks for like 20 yrs? We'll just add filler to the deal. Yeah, that should work. Right:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :roll:

lol what are you talking about?

lurch67 08-19-2007 07:26 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
lol what are you talking about?

Oh, just a certain BULLS fan who thinks CHI wouldn't have to gut the team in order to bring Kobe in. I even gave a link to a trade gen. so he could put up or shut up but he chose neither. His answer is too add "filler".

eeeeeebro 08-19-2007 07:28 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
3 players would be max any team would offer for kobe. and 1 all star and 2 role players is all anyone should think about getting.

gts 08-19-2007 07:32 PM

Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch67
Oh, just a certain BULLS fan who thinks CHI wouldn't have to gut the team in order to bring Kobe in. I even gave a link to a trade gen. so he could put up or shut up but he chose neither. His answer is too add "filler".

ahh ok i see. i was like WTF? lol yeah these people that think they can get a player like kobe without giving anything up of value are goofy...
kobe to chi town


gordon, deng, and wallace (for the salary)....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy