Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53250)

jurroba 08-20-2007 03:31 AM

Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Hi! I would like to discuss about who is the best player of europe for you. I think one of them should be the spanish Ricky Rubio, may be he is not the best right now, but he is SOOO YOUNG...one of the best defenders of the ACB(spanish league), he started to play as a professional at the ACB with 14 years old (the youngest to do so), he is already 16, and the leader of his team, Joventut de Badalona (an important team in Spain...)



I recogn he will play in the NBA in 2 or 3 years max, top 5 of the draft probably! do you know him? which other young player you would say is the best player in europe?

berraco 08-20-2007 06:29 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Ricky will surely be a top #10 pick in 2009 draft. He also could achieve a top #5, but teams usually pick big men before, so it is more difficult to say. It will depend on the needs of the teams at that date.

Regarding other european players, I would say Koufos (greek, but born in Ohio, and playing for Ohio State) and Gallinari (Italy) that will enter the draft next year with good expectations (top 15 for both), and Macvan (Serbia) that made excelent youth champs winning both world and european titles (although Koufos was named MVP of the E-U18).
It is hard to select one as the best. Rubio and Gallinari have been proved at highest level in Europe with their teams and responded so well. Macvan can be a dominant guy, he is really touhg, but . And what I've seen from Koufos makes me thing he could be a new Gasol (but I read somewhere that he is not expected to evolve a lot).

PrinceOthaPalace 08-20-2007 09:39 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
this kid is amazing and will surely be a top 5 pick

Interminator 08-21-2007 10:40 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
I agree with NBAdraft.net

Ricky would probably be the 6th pick in 2009
He definetly could be #1 in 2010

new noise 10-05-2007 09:02 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
The kid looks great. If he were old enough he'd have been a first rounder this year just based on his potential alone.

Juvenile 10-06-2007 05:49 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
I think its too early to judge on Rubio yet. Depending on his development as a point guard, the improvement of his shot and body, he might, but just might not become a lottery pick. If there is no significant increase of said attributes, he will end up in the Marco Belinelli/Sergio Rodriguez/Rudy Fernandez range. Rubio might have been better than those three at an earlier age, but who knows what the next couple of years might bring.

But better be sure, NBA teams will not and have never spent lottery picks on guards, that were neither uber athletic nor fully developed offensively to the point that they could contribute right away. There is no history of picking european guards early either. To get picked in the lottery or even top 5, Rubio will have to show significant improvement in a very short timeframe.

CAYO 11-27-2007 12:20 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Ricky Rubio=steve Nash

GoldMedallist 11-27-2007 03:44 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile
I think its too early to judge on Rubio yet. Depending on his development as a point guard, the improvement of his shot and body, he might, but just might not become a lottery pick. If there is no significant increase of said attributes, he will end up in the Marco Belinelli/Sergio Rodriguez/Rudy Fernandez range. Rubio might have been better than those three at an earlier age, but who knows what the next couple of years might bring.

But better be sure, NBA teams will not and have never spent lottery picks on guards, that were neither uber athletic nor fully developed offensively to the point that they could contribute right away. There is no history of picking european guards early either. To get picked in the lottery or even top 5, Rubio will have to show significant improvement in a very short timeframe.


Believe me... he is improving so, so quick. He is playing amazing in ACB, and he's only in his early 17.

Look at this:

http://acbtv.acb.com/

Click: "Ricky Rubio: Un partido de ensueño".

so you can see how is he playing now.

marny_navis 11-27-2007 08:19 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Boniface Ndong, I think was his name, was the guy who was blocking Rubio all over? He looked pretty good; any NBA potential?

FOYE4MVP 11-28-2007 01:04 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
first pick in 2010 book it.

GoldMedallist 11-28-2007 03:24 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Boniface Ndong, I think was his name, was the guy who was blocking Rubio all over? He looked pretty good; any NBA potential?


Maybe. Too early to say, but he is really playing fine this beginning of season.

But I posted the link for Ricky's video :).

http://http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTLGia5kNE

GoldMedallist 11-28-2007 03:27 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
Maybe. Too early to say, but he is really playing fine this beginning of season. But you are mistaken, it isn't Rubio whio is blocking.

I posted the link for Ricky's video :), but you can see it here too:

http://http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTLGia5kNE


I really don't believe Rubio is going into draft before 2010, so he will continue improving.

sebac12 11-28-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
ndong is 30 years old, and ricky has the potential to become a legend, period.

marny_navis 11-29-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebac12
ndong is 30 years old, and ricky has the potential to become a legend, period.


Wow, I keep thinking of college bball players; I didn't even think of old guys playing overseas.

sebac12 11-30-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio...Top 5 of the draft in 2 or 3 years?
 
i said that because someone named ndong and said he has potential. of course the subject is about rubio and his chances of becoming a top 5 pick, but to the one that mentioned ndong, he is not precisely a teenager


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy