Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Phoenix's Top 5 Pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53271)

Interminator 08-20-2007 12:04 PM

Phoenix's Top 5 Pick

Does anybody know whether or not Phoenix will trade their Top 5 Pick from Atlanta?

they seem to be against keeping players drafted in the lottery,if they would trade Luol for crap Im sure they would trade this pick as well

i seen hippos 08-20-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Phoenix's Top 5 Pick

When you have 5 players likely entering the draft in Mayo, Beasley, Rose, Budinger and Gordon among others, you don't trade that pick without getting something really good.

It would be one of those situations where you look back and go "wow, that was Phoenix's pick. That team would have won a title with ___________".

Of course it depends on how Atlanta plays this season so if they trade the pick and Atlanta finishes in the low lottery it would look like a pretty smart move.

BankShot 08-20-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
When you have 5 players likely entering the draft in Mayo, Beasley, Rose, Budinger and Gordon among others, you don't trade that pick without getting something really good.

It would be one of those situations where you look back and go "wow, that was Phoenix's pick. That team would have won a title with ___________".

Of course it depends on how Atlanta plays this season so if they trade the pick and Atlanta finishes in the low lottery it would look like a pretty smart move.

Who knows, Atlanta could, and i really stress the could, make the playoffs next year. At this point last year no one thought the Raptors would win their division, and to boot, the Hawks did win a bunch of games at the beginning of last season so watch out.

Phenith 08-20-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos

Among others is right, almost any lottery pick next year could yeild a gem. I'm not a fan of Kerr as a GM, but unless they win a championship this year(which is entirely possible), there is no way he can just stand pat with his starters again. Nash is getting old, and Bell, Marion, Diaw and Barbosa are all roleplayers. No championship this year equals a shake-up for the Suns which would probably include an injection of youth.

saKf 08-20-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Does anybody know whether or not Phoenix will trade their Top 5 Pick from Atlanta?
Who's to say it's top five? We haven't played a single game yet.

SRZ66 08-20-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saKf
Who's to say it's top five? We haven't played a single game yet.

final.wrath 08-20-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator

they seem to be against keeping players drafted in the lottery,if they would trade Luol for crap Im sure they would trade this pick as well

They would trade it if the right deal came along. Theres a good possibility it won't a top 5 pick. i'd say top 10 is a safer bet.

final.wrath 08-20-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRZ66

hell yeah. shelden had an incredible last month of last season when he got starting minutes.

Rab 08-20-2007 04:34 PM

I would bet my last dollar that if the right deal comes along, the Suns will deal that pick.

I don't see them getting a top 5 pick next year anyway.

Interminator 08-20-2007 06:17 PM

unless looking at how a teams roster looks compared to others Atlanta will have the 4th pick :confusedshrug:

Interminator 08-20-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
hell yeah. shelden had an incredible last month of last season when he got starting minutes.

Yeah he was playing better than he was in college

Interminator 08-20-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenith
Among others is right, almost any lottery pick next year could yeild a gem. I'm not a fan of Kerr as a GM, but unless they win a championship this year(which is entirely possible), there is no way he can just stand pat with his starters again. Nash is getting old, and Bell, Marion, Diaw and Barbosa are all roleplayers. No championship this year equals a shake-up for the Suns which would probably include an injection of youth.

Marion is a 4 time all-star,2 time all-NBA,and the best perimeter defensive player in the league for the past 6 years

how the **** is he on the level of Bell,Diaw,and Barbosa

statman32 08-20-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Marion is a 4 time all-star,2 time all-NBA,and the best perimeter defensive player in the league for the past 6 years

how the **** is he on the level of Bell,Diaw,and Barbosa

Why can't people just say nice things about Marion w/o overrating him. :hammerhead:

Interminator 08-20-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statman32
Why can't people just say nice things about Marion w/o overrating him. :hammerhead:

Overrating him:oldlol:

Name the best Perimeter Player on Defense:

hotsizzle 08-20-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Overrating him:oldlol:

Name the best Perimeter Player on Defense:

Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen are easily better perimeter defenders.