Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Answer These NFL Questions (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53518)

Sagat 08-23-2007 11:03 AM

Answer These NFL Questions

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who?
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who?
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively?
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively?
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths?
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year?

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season?

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady?
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo?

My Answers:

1) No, I'm going to say the Patriots
2) Yes
3) AFC North
4) NFC North (shocker!)
5) AFC - Dolphins / NFC - Cardinals
6) Jets, Chiefs and Giants

7) Willis McGahee

8) Palmer
9) Kitna
10) Leinart

Carbine 08-23-2007 11:18 AM

Re: Answer These NFL Questions

Quote:

Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?

Peyton Manning.

Last time he had a legit slot receiever he threw for 49 touchdowns.

Skywalker 08-23-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who? Yes. I think they win 14 again. Who knows what will happen in the playoffs?
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who? Bucaneers will win a lousy 3 games.
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively?NFC East: Eagles: 11 or 12, Cowboys: 11 or 12. Giants 8, Skins 7
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively?umm, NFC South. Falcons: 5, Panthers: 9, Bucs: 3, Saints: 11
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths? Vikings and Steelers (couldn think of a good one in the AFC)
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year?dunno

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season?Addai

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?Peyton
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady? Brady
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo?Leinart

there

Sagat 08-23-2007 12:43 PM

Good answers.

Tarik One 08-23-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Cedric Benson

GOBB 08-23-2007 02:31 PM

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who? Ne/Indy
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who? They'll be close but try Detroit
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively? AFC East
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively? AFC West
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths? Bengals & Stl
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year? Dolphins & NYG

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season? Westbrook

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees? Manning
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady? Bulger
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo? Lienart

elz 08-23-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagat
1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who?
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who?

3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively?
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively?
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths?
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year?

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady?
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo?

1. Its the Chargers or the Pats
2. Raiders or the Falcons will be the worst team with the Vikings and Texans not far behind
3. AFC North
4. NFC south
5. Ravens and Lions
6. Giants and Chicago (Benson sucks!)
7. Brandon Jackson GB!
8. Manning
9. Brady
10. Romo but Farve is a good sleeper this yr

mavsfan4zindagi 08-23-2007 02:58 PM

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who? No. I'll say NE with 14 wins.
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who? No again. I'll say Cleveland with 3.
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively? NFC East
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively? NFC North
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths? AFC: Tennessee & NFC: San Fransisco
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year? The Jets and Giants.

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season? Laurence Maroney

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees? Brees
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo? Romo

SmokyMcNasty 08-23-2007 03:08 PM

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? Yes. But still not convinced they will win when it matters though..

2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? Definitely. I think the Lions make a big step-up this year. Maybe 7-9, 8-8? Browns and Buccs have a shot too.. but Raiders are still, hands-down, the worst.

3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively? AFC North. Ravens, Bengals, Steelers will all win 9-10 + games..

4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively? NFC North with ease. Lions, Packers, Vikings.. yuck

GOBB, why AFC West for worst division? Broncos, Chargers, and Chiefs are all playoff contenders if you ask me.

5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths? Dolphins! (homer pick :D ) and Niners

6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year? Chiefs and Giants

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season? Laurence Maroney

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees? Common sense says Manning, but I'm expecting the Colts to utilize their running game in the redzone more this season. I'm gonna go with Palmer on this one..

10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo? Romo

GOBB 08-23-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

GOBB, why AFC West for worst division? Broncos, Chargers, and Chiefs are all playoff contenders if you ask me. The NFC North is just awful. The NFC in general is just awful..

Denver, SD...thats it. KC is not a playoff contender to me. Damon Huard? Eh, that OL? Suspect. Larry Johnson coming off a season where he carried the pigskin 416 times? Brutal...WR core still laughable. Defense is blah, underachievers if you ask me. Not to say individual players arent good (I like D.Johnson OLB). I really dont see them doing much next season.

But I agree NFC North is the worst division in the NFL. Det, Minny, GB? Wow, and I take back the AFC East. Put me down with the AFC North. I just like Bmore, Cinnci and Pitt (they will bounce back, heck cross off Bengals for surprise and insert Pitt).

I didnt give these questions much thought but now that you pulled my coat...i had to recheck some of the answers I gave. Thanks.

Carbine 08-23-2007 03:15 PM

I'm really surprised at you guys for picking anyone other than Manning for most touchdowns. Common sence usually is the right choice in most situations, this is no different.

I mean we're talking about Peyton Manning here - the same guy who threw for 49 touchdowns when he last had a decent slot guy.

You guys are nuts. That or you like picking the not-so-obvious pick.

Sagat 08-23-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
I'm really surprised at you guys for picking anyone other than Manning for most touchdowns. Common sence usually is the right choice in most situations, this is no different.

I mean we're talking about Peyton Manning here - the same guy who threw for 49 touchdowns when he last had a decent slot guy.

You guys are nuts. That or you like picking the not-so-obvious pick.

Honestly, it's a toss up between Peyton and Carson. You're underrating Palmer here, you have to admit that. You're acting as if it's bananas to take someone like Palmer over Peyton. Your overkill confidence in Peyton is "nuts" if you ask me; oh and the fact you have a Colts flag in your avatar... who's really going to take your opinion very seriously?

Carbine 08-23-2007 03:29 PM

Talk about labeling someone.

So, lets gets this staright, just because I have a Colts avatar means I am clouded by the truth when it comes to players that are on my team? That, no matter how logical my response may be, it's written off as bias because I root for the Colts?

Look, Palmer has a great situation... but he's not the quarterback that Peyton is. Palmer, at best, has the same amount of weapons that Manning has - although I would argue until my grave that it doesn't get much better than Harrison/Wayne/Addai/Clarck/Gonzo when you factor in the chemistry they have together.

But who cares, right? I'm a Colts fan, so my views must be bias.

GOBB 08-23-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagat
Honestly, it's a toss up between Peyton and Carson. You're underrating Palmer here, you have to admit that. You're acting as if it's bananas to take someone like Palmer over Peyton. Your overkill confidence in Peyton is "nuts" if you ask me; oh and the fact you have a Colts flag in your avatar... who's really going to take your opinion very seriously?

Agree with you in principle that Carson could compete in TDs thrown with Manning. But this season? No and I'll tell you why...Chris Henry is suspended for 8gms. Leaves you with only Chad Johnson and TJ WhoseYaMama. Something to consider. LAst year Henry had 9 Tds, year prior 6. Who makes up Henry's Td's? I mean TJ and Chad could each add 2 more TDs than they normally would get...but you're still short. :confusedshrug:

If Henry was there then I'd agree with you...but this season? Eh, shaky. I'd like Bulger to compete tho. He's got weapons with Holt, Bruce, Drew Bennett, Dante Hall, Randy McMichael, Steven Jackson and rookie Brian Leonard at FB who imo was a sweet addition to the offensive unit. Rookie out of Rutger who produced and is a very good reciever out the backfield.

mlh1981 08-23-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Agree with you in principle that Carson could compete in TDs thrown with Manning. But this season? No and I'll tell you why...Chris Henry is suspended for 8gms. Leaves you with only Chad Johnson and TJ WhoseYaMama. Something to consider. LAst year Henry had 9 Tds, year prior 6. Who makes up Henry's Td's? I mean TJ and Chad could each add 2 more TDs than they normally would get...but you're still short. :confusedshrug:

If Henry was there then I'd agree with you...but this season? Eh, shaky. I'd like Bulger to compete tho. He's got weapons with Holt, Bruce, Drew Bennett, Dante Hall, Randy McMichael, Steven Jackson and rookie Brian Leonard at FB who imo was a sweet addition to the offensive unit. Rookie out of Rutger who produced and is a very good reciever out the backfield.

We also lost Kelly Washington. Don't forget about him. The Bengals are extremely thin after Chad/TJ, like you mentioned. Just wanted to throw that other name out there