Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kidd and Williams; The perfect 1, 2 punch. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54042)

bdreason 08-29-2007 02:25 PM

Kidd and Williams; The perfect 1, 2 punch.

Start Kidd in the first and let him facilitate the offense. Once the second quarter starts, throw in Williams and let him punish the opposing teams point guard.

I think the contrast is play styles between these 2 guys is perfect. Kidd has the opposing team thinking pass, and when Williams comes in the game he can attack the rim.

I only bring this up because in the Puerto Rico game Williams seemed to get to rim at will, while the opposing team seemed to think he would dish it everytime he entered the paint (like Kidd).

I love Billups, but I don't think his game is well suited for FIBA ball. Sure he can shoot 3's well, but often times he jacks up shots way too early in the shot clock, in my opinion.

Any thoughts on the PG rotation?

CakeorDeath 08-29-2007 02:27 PM

Re: Kidd and Williams; The perfect 1, 2 punch.

I might take sh!t for this, but I think Billups is the expendable PG on this roster, not Williams.

Not saying Deron is better than Chauncey (yet), but his game does seem more suited to FIBA basketball.

final.wrath 08-29-2007 02:43 PM

Billups value as veteran a veteran leader cannot be overlooked.

demons2005 08-29-2007 04:06 PM

If last night is any indication Deron should be STARTING. he's that good. He can do everything you want in a PG with no gaps in his game. I assume they'll give Kidd the starting job because he's older but make no mistake the truest PG on this team is the youngest.

Cannonball 08-29-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demons2005
If last night is any indication Deron should be STARTING. he's that good. He can do everything you want in a PG with no gaps in his game. I assume they'll give Kidd the starting job because he's older but make no mistake the truest PG on this team is the youngest.

Williams has no passing skill compared to kidd.

Let alone the rebounding and shot blocking and all the other intangible's.

Thats leaving out kidds greatest asset.

DEFENSE.

demons2005 08-29-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball

DEFENSE.

Deron is a lockdown defender and as good a passer. Shot blocking and rebounding is better coming from other positions. Deron can shoot much superior and is just as unseflish

90sDynasty 08-29-2007 04:42 PM

Honestly its like having another Jason Kidd on the bench.

Williams is a great passer, and is showing flashes of great defense in these FIBA.

But to say Billups is expendable wrong. He is the only point guard on the team not afraid to pull the trigger on a jumper, the only scoring point on the team.

I see it as two Jason Kidd's and a Billups, each valuable in their own way to the tam.

Phar 08-29-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball

DEFENSE.

*Stab*

IMO, They are all great point guards on this roster. Everyone of them can run the offense effectively and near-perfectly. There really isn't a need to be comparing the three (or two in this case) down to the tiniest detail. They do their job, that's all that is needed.

demons2005 08-29-2007 06:10 PM

Yeah even Billups is a major upgrade over last year's mess. Great play from all three