Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Navarro to miss the group stages [Eurobasket 2007] (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54550)

berraco 09-03-2007 10:10 AM

Navarro to miss the group stages [Eurobasket 2007]

From Eurobasket2007.org:

Quote:

Navarro to miss group stages

World champions Spain have lost starting guard Juan Carlos Navarro for the first three games of the EuroBasket due to a leg injury.

The 1.91m Navarro felt pain in his right leg and had tests which showed a slight tear in his abductor muscle.

It is just precaution, he has been out of the team the last two friendly matches also. Nothing to be worried about.

jailer 09-03-2007 10:26 PM

Re: Navarro to miss the group stages [Eurobasket 2007]

This will hurt spain

artificial 09-04-2007 01:01 AM

Good thing. Better have as many precautions as needed rather than risking anything. Hope he keeps not forcing the issue.

berraco 09-04-2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
This will hurt spain

I don't think so. The first three (Portugal, Croatia and Latvia) shouldn't be an issue for Spain, even without Navarro.

artificial 09-11-2007 02:43 AM

A piece of an article you might find interesting about Navarro.

Quote:

And what a luxury it is to be able to bring a scorer like Juan Carlos Navarro off the bench…the ultimate sparkplug 6th man. This works incredibly well considering that he’s much better suited to be the go-to scorer for the second unit rather than have him compete for shots with Pau Gasol and Jose Manuel Calderon. The Memphis Grizzlies should be taking notes.

source

Kebab Stall 09-11-2007 12:10 PM

I think that was suppose to be Navarro's role anyway on the Grizzlies.

artificial 09-11-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I think that was suppose to be Navarro's role anyway on the Grizzlies.

exactly. and it's great to know he can do a good job in that role :D

jailer 09-11-2007 10:25 PM

Yeah I mean uless he came in here like a star.He was not gonna start.

Kebab Stall 09-12-2007 04:01 AM

Artifical: I've been wondering, are you a Grizzlies fan? I've seen you post in here quite regularly and I've also seen you post in some Grizz related topics in the main forum. But I've also seen you post some other team forums (I think), so I was just wondering if you are a fan of the Grizzlies or do you just have some knowledge about the team?

jailer 09-12-2007 09:50 PM

I think everyone that posts in here regularly is a grizz fan.

artificial 09-14-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Artifical: I've been wondering, are you a Grizzlies fan? I've seen you post in here quite regularly and I've also seen you post in some Grizz related topics in the main forum. But I've also seen you post some other team forums (I think), so I was just wondering if you are a fan of the Grizzlies or do you just have some knowledge about the team?

Grizzlies are one of my favorite teams on the league, but to answer your question I might not be a "complete" Memphis fan.

Thing is, I am a long time NBA fan who for many years didn't rooted for any specific team, though I had some teams I especially liked -and the Vancouver Grizzlies were among them-. Then one day I decided to root for the Sixers simply because they featured my favorite player. Once he got traded, I kind of went back to general NBA fan with favorite teams.

So yes, I post in some other team forums, but I hope I can still post here despite not being a "complete" Grizz fan. Don't get me wrong, I root for the Grizzlies. It's just that it's not the only team I might root for. :ohwell:

jailer 09-14-2007 11:30 AM

glad to know we have your whole history.I will turn in your aplication to the head office.You look promising.But I dont know kid.We really need posters with real passion and expierence.Hahaha who cares post all you want :lol:

artificial 09-14-2007 11:49 AM

Yeah, I know that probably most shouldn't care about my story, but he asked and I replied :)

And to be honest, of the teams I like this team forum is by far the best. Others are completely dead or full of idiots.

Kebab Stall 09-14-2007 12:19 PM

Woah, wasn't expecting that much of a reply. And I was just wondering if you were a fan or not because you seem to know your stuff about the Grizz, which is better than having a bunch of idiots that have no idea what they are talking about running around the forum.

jailer 09-15-2007 02:59 AM

Yeah there not idiots.Just really biased towards there team