Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   DIaw or Marion? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550)

PP34Deuce 06-07-2006 01:12 AM

DIaw or Marion?
 
They both are important pieces, but this is a serious case of both are multi demensional,but both show their potential at the SF Position......

Pencil Bell as a SG, Nash at PG, PF is amare(if they want to beef up that front line)

I think eventually with his contract,marion will b gone by 2008. he will b 30 while Diaw will be 26.

at the SF position Diaw is taller,bigger, great athlete(not freak like marion) and a better shooter,with passing skills.

Diaw if he starts next year i can see averaging 17 8 6 1 block and a steal.

SleepyCorpse 06-07-2006 01:14 AM

Marion is a roleplayer, Diaw could be a franchise player.

ALBballer 06-07-2006 01:18 AM

Re:
 
Diaw can do almost everything Marion can, plus some.

mavsfan4zindagi 06-07-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
Marion is a roleplayer, Diaw could be a franchise player.



:eek:

Lascar78 06-07-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
Marion is a roleplayer, Diaw could be a franchise player.

Are you guys smoking crack or am I missing the sarcasm?

I'm not even going to argue because no one will believe me because I'm from Atlanta, but this is absurd.

All I'm going to say is Diaw will probably be back on the bench next year depending on the nightly matchups. He had a great run for a guy of his type, Marion was an MVP candidate for most of the year. This isn't even debatable. You might say Diaw is a better deal for his contract, but Diaw is nowhere near the caliber player that Marion is.

SecondFiddle 06-07-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lascar78
Are you guys smoking crack or am I missing the sarcasm?

I'm not even going to argue because no one will believe me because I'm from Atlanta, but this is absurd.

All I'm going to say is Diaw will probably be back on the bench next year depending on the nightly matchups. He had a great run for a guy of his type, Marion was an MVP candidate for most of the year. This isn't even debatable. You might say Diaw is a better deal for his contract, but Diaw is nowhere near the caliber player that Marion is.


Agreed, but Pho. GM was better than Atl

miles berg 06-07-2006 01:24 AM

Easily Boris Diaw.

This guy could be the "Scottie Pippen" that LeBron has been searching for.

If I am Cleveland, I move Hughes, Z, and Snow for expirers/picks and piks amd get Diaw as a FA next summer.

brwnman 06-07-2006 01:26 AM

some guys over-rate so easily, stop getting brainwashed by ESPN, TNT and ABC... Marion by far, no contest...

yeahwhathesaid 06-07-2006 01:26 AM

wasnt shawn marion in top 3 in rebounding and averaging 20 plus with 50 plus percent shooting. come one you got to be kidding.

Darius 06-07-2006 01:26 AM

Diaw, I love his uniqueness.

I'm not sold on his defensive capability tho.

PP34Deuce 06-07-2006 01:27 AM

in game 6 only 4 suns were trying to win that game and hustled

DIAW
Barbosa
NAsh
Bell

I applaud them, Marion was nowhere near to be found in that 6 minute melt down the suns had.

Marion is better,but i thnk Diaw potentially brings u more.

He runs the floor,has a jumpshot,better ISO player,smarter player, very athletic as well.

miles berg 06-07-2006 01:37 AM

Marion has nice stats but you have to gameplan for Diaw.

Trust me, just watched these guys for 6 straight games, Diaw is a difference maker out there.

SecondFiddle 06-07-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miles berg
Marion has nice stats but you have to gameplan for Diaw.

Trust me, just watched these guys for 6 straight games, Diaw is a difference maker out there.


You just watch these guys for 6 games WTF do you think we were doing?

Jerm 06-07-2006 01:41 AM

Berg, you're a coach?...How do you know who they gameplan for and who they don't gameplan for?...Diaw isn't that good, he was rotting on the bench on a losing team for a reason. Marion has been getting 18 and 10 since they kingdom come. Silly Statements.

SleepyCorpse 06-07-2006 01:51 AM

There were articles after the mavs - phoenix series about marion getting traded so they can resign diaw and barbosa, even pheonix fans/sports writers, people who you would think go all "homer" about marion since he's been there for years can see who's better


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy