Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So how ready is Kevin Durant to actually lead a team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55051)

insidehoops 09-08-2007 09:59 AM

So how ready is Kevin Durant to actually lead a team?

Durant should rock as a rookie, but will he do it in a manner that actually leads the team to some wins? Obviously not many victories are expected but I can't tell if Durant, Jeff Green and company are going to win 20 games, or 30. 40 would be a surprise

marny_navis 09-08-2007 02:13 PM

Re: So how ready is Kevin Durant to actually lead a team?

I expect 15-20 wins this season but I wouldn't be surprised if they're leading Seattle to the playoffs.

btw, you're name's Jeff isn't it?

Young HkM 09-08-2007 02:20 PM

Call me a homer, but I think this years team is pretty underrated. I think we'll get good post play from Wilcox and Swift, and Swift should be one of the better interior defenders in the NBA. Green at the 3 averagering something like 12/6/4 sounds possible and Durant at the 2 averaging 22/5/2, this team may not make the playoffs but I see them not being one of the bottom 5 teams in the NBA this season.

RainierBeachPoet 09-08-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
I expect 15-20 wins this season but I wouldn't be surprised if they're leading Seattle to the playoffs.

btw, you're name's Jeff isn't it?

are you leaning more toward a 20 win season or leading us into the playoffs?:confusedshrug:

btw, yes his name is jeff (my guess is that he wont return to this thread to see your question)

he often posts to get the ball rolling and then never returns

marny_navis 09-10-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
are you leaning more toward a 20 win season or leading us into the playoffs?:confusedshrug:

btw, yes his name is jeff (my guess is that he wont return to this thread to see your question)

he often posts to get the ball rolling and then never returns

Well, I expect Seattle to suck it up, but there is always the possibility that they're this year's Saints and do well if Kurt Thomas and Wally S help lead the young kids. I don't expect that tho

RainierBeachPoet 09-10-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Well, I expect Seattle to suck it up, but there is always the possibility that they're this year's Saints and do well if Kurt Thomas and Wally S help lead the young kids. I don't expect that tho

you might be right

but if our hope is wally s and thomas, we are in deep trouble!

idizzle 09-11-2007 09:24 AM

I think KD could somewhat of a Carmelo type effect in leading the team in points.

marny_navis 09-18-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
I think KD could somewhat of a Carmelo type effect in leading the team in points.

Agreed. With the second best option being Wally Szczerbiak, there will be alot of shots to go to Durant. While you could make the argument that K.D. will be smothered by the defense, you should note that Carmelo was able to be successful in his rookie season (2003-2004) on a team with Andre Miller, Voshon Lenard, Nene, and Marcus Camby starting with him. (insert point guard here), Wally, Jeff Green, and Kurt Thomas can't be much worse.

Also....OT: What does i.e. stand for? I see it used on here alot but I don't know what it means.

RainierBeachPoet 09-20-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Agreed. With the second best option being Wally Szczerbiak, there will be alot of shots to go to Durant. While you could make the argument that K.D. will be smothered by the defense, you should note that Carmelo was able to be successful in his rookie season (2003-2004) on a team with Andre Miller, Voshon Lenard, Nene, and Marcus Camby starting with him. (insert point guard here), Wally, Jeff Green, and Kurt Thomas can't be much worse.

Also....OT: What does i.e. stand for? I see it used on here alot but I don't know what it means.

if wally is our second best option, we are in for a long season

btw,

The Latin abbreviation i.e., which stands for id est, means that is, that is to say, or in other words. The letters e.g. stand for the Latin phrase exempli gratia, which means for example.

marny_navis 09-20-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
if wally is our second best option, we are in for a long season

btw,

The Latin abbreviation i.e., which stands for id est, means that is, that is to say, or in other words. The letters e.g. stand for the Latin phrase exempli gratia, which means for example.

You seem very optimistic about the Sonics' offseason pickups!!! lol