Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dee brown (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55082)

justafan 09-08-2007 03:38 PM

Dee brown

The pistons should go after dee brown he will be great under mr big shot

final.wrath 09-09-2007 03:43 AM

Re: Dee brown

players who can play the point on the roster:

chauncey
rodney stuckey
lindsey hunter
flip murray

no room for dee brown. we don't want him anyway.

dd24 09-09-2007 10:25 PM

There's no room for him on the roster. We need to be thinking big men that can help us. They already decided against Chris Webber.

final.wrath 09-09-2007 11:05 PM

Our roster is set. We have 5 big men competing for time.

Sheed
Nazr
Maxiell
McDyess
Johnson

dd24 09-10-2007 01:05 PM

But of those big men two are proven, Sheed and Mcdyess. Nazr has proven that he isn't the solution we were looking for when Ben left. I like the two young guys but I would have a hard time saying they are enough to win a championship with.

final.wrath 09-12-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
But of those big men two are proven, Sheed and Mcdyess

I'd say Maxiell proved himself enough last year to get more time. Amir has proven himself enough to be guaranteed a spot in the rotation by Dumars. With the starters expecting to get about 35 minutes or less both of these players should see more action.
Quote:

Nazr has proven that he isn't the solution we were looking for when Ben left.
I personally think we should trade Nazr, but because we need as many minutes as possible for Maxiell and Johnson, not because he wasn't effective. Nazr was solid for us, and I believe we were 16-6 with him starting.
Quote:

I like the two young guys but I would have a hard time saying they are enough to win a championship with.
Honestly we don't have much of a chance to win the championship next season unless something spectacular happens with one of our young guys. Dumars implied his strategy this season would be to let the veterans play 35 minutes or so and really develop the youth.

Patrick27 09-12-2007 05:47 PM

I don't think either Maxiell or Johnson can guard some of the bigger forwards in the league. Watch out for Eddie Curry/Zach Randolph, Shaq, and Dwight Howard. They should all have big games against Detroit this year.

Good thing Chicago, New Jersey, and Cleveland didn't get any serious low post presence in the offseason. If they did, we'd be in trouble. Since they didn't, we're still likely the team to beat in the East.

I'd rather see Dale Davis back than another 12th man guard...

final.wrath 09-12-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick27
I don't think either Maxiell or Johnson can guard some of the bigger forwards in the league. Watch out for Eddie Curry/Zach Randolph, Shaq, and Dwight Howard. They should all have big games against Detroit this year.

Good thing Chicago, New Jersey, and Cleveland didn't get any serious low post presence in the offseason. If they did, we'd be in trouble. Since they didn't, we're still likely the team to beat in the East.

Eddy Curry, Dwight Howard, and Shaq are all centers. Sheed and Nazr will probably be matched up against them.
But yeah Amir will have some trouble against bigger, stronger matchups but thats a problem for most young forwards. Amir's shotblocking helps offset the strength disadvantage, and his speed on the other end makes him a mismatch against slower big men.
Maxiell has lost some weight and his lack of height is also a problem at times. But his bullish strength allows him to be an excellent 6th man. I think that should be his role for our team.

Aussie Dunker 09-13-2007 07:44 AM

I luv Dee browns game, i deffinently think he can contibute in the NBA, but probably not on the pistons now that we have drafted rodney and have hunter still on the roster...

insidehoops 09-15-2007 08:18 AM

They should get rid of Hunter and add Dee, perhaps

Hunter is 92 years old

final.wrath 09-15-2007 11:18 PM

Hunter on being a player-coach: http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress...e_this_ye.html

boozehound 09-21-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick27

I agree, the bruise brothers (or whatever rip called dale and max) were awesome for a couple of games there (they only games where they really got many mins together). About the only good defensive Frontcourt we had.

go_blue 09-22-2007 01:09 PM

we dont need him we already have 5 players that could play point for us so we dont need him