Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Giricek, days numbered! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5555)

lowblok 07-18-2006 09:40 AM

Giricek, days numbered!

Just wondering, with the trade for Fisher and the RMR form of Brewer and Miles.......
Where does Gordan Giricek fit into the scheme of things with the Jazz?
The team got athletic in a hurry and I'm not sure he fits in with all the players who can fill multiple positions the Jazz seem to be looking at right now.

cyco127 07-18-2006 10:50 AM

Yeah, I'uz kinda wonderin' that myself... I heard that GG has recently recieved a clean bill of health. But that don't mean Jerry wants him around...
And I'd almost be willing to bet that Gordan is ready for a move also. I look for him to ask for a trade if he's not getting the minutes he wants. First he must show other teams that he can still play...

New Jazzy Nets 07-18-2006 03:06 PM

I really hope that Gira is gone soon. With CJ and Ronnie the jazz will be fine at SG. The question is who wants Gira. It would have to be a team that either needs shooting or a starting SG? I don't know if he can still start. And what does utah look for in return? a Center maybe? Hmm maybe a third team would be required to get Steven Hunter from the sixers because I don't think they want another shooter. But I could see utah possibly going after a guy like Steven Hunter. Or what would be dream is if utah got a way to make a deal with the bucks for magloire. depending on salary but if i remember right Magloire makes a lot more then Gira. Maybe Haywood from the wizards? There salaries would match brings in another big guy that can rebound.

cyco127 07-18-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Steven Hunter

While I agree that we could use another big, Steven Hunter would be in Jerry's doghouse after one practice...

Bricklayer 07-18-2006 06:00 PM

I'd take Johan Petro for Giricek. ha. Seriously, i think Giricek has some trade value and we should try to go for Magloire. The bucks just lost TJ Ford. They'll probably be looking for another point so maybe we could sign & trade palacio too. Or... i'd hate to lose him already... Dee Brown if we have to. Magloire is worth it.

Summit42 07-18-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I'd take Johan Petro for Giricek. ha. Seriously, i think Giricek has some trade value and we should try to go for Magloire. The bucks just lost TJ Ford. They'll probably be looking for another point so maybe we could sign & trade palacio too. Or... i'd hate to lose him already... Dee Brown if we have to. Magloire is worth it.

Do you really think they would trade Magloire for Giricek? As nice as it would but its not going to happen.
Maybe we can get John Crotty back. :hammerhead:

lowblok 07-18-2006 07:20 PM

Maybe look at a Collins/Giricek package to trade with?

cyco127 07-18-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Maybe look at a Collins/Giricek package to trade with?

That would be interesting... The Jazz trade both Sloan's favorite and least favorite player all in the same deal!

Jerry'd be happy to get rid of Gordan, yet tearfull saying goodbye to Jarron...

lowblok 07-18-2006 08:03 PM

But saying HELLO to a shot blocker! :rolleyes:

cyco127 07-18-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

But saying HELLO to a shot blocker!

LOL... You are obsessed.

Bricklayer 07-18-2006 09:32 PM

Watch tho... the year we DO get a shot-blocking force down low, the jazz win the championship and lowblock was right all along...

lowblok 07-18-2006 10:39 PM

What can I say!!!