Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pistons Move Over (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55953)

Dengness9 09-16-2007 04:52 AM

Pistons Move Over

The Bulls are taking the throne from you this year. Just accept it and be # 2. You don't want to see Chicago in the playoffs this year, they're ready to jump the hurdle that's been in front of them for years. Pistons are overconfident against the Bulls and they will make them pay this year. Quiet confidence is better. Pistons won't even see it coming, just like it's 91' again. Probably won't shake our hands this time either...

20 Dimes A Game 09-16-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Pistons Move Over

Go home.

dd24 09-16-2007 02:11 PM

The only way the Bulls can get over the hump is if they figure out a way to get Kobe without trading away their entire roster. Until then they are still the same Bulls and the Pistons line up is pretty much the same as well. There is more talent on the Pistons roster and just like the players on the Bulls develop every year so do the guys on the Pistons. They are both good teams but the Pistons will win that series.

Dengness9 09-16-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
The only way the Bulls can get over the hump is if they figure out a way to get Kobe without trading away their entire roster. Until then they are still the same Bulls and the Pistons line up is pretty much the same as well. There is more talent on the Pistons roster and just like the players on the Bulls develop every year so do the guys on the Pistons. They are both good teams but the Pistons will win that series.

Billups, Rip, and Sheed are all basically done developing. They are older now and especially nowhere near as young as the Bulls core. Hinrich 26, Gordon 24, Deng 22, Thomas 21, Sefolosha 22, Noah 23 or 24. ALL STILL GETTING BETTER, SEE YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS... I PRAY IT HAPPENS.

F 313

haterofhaters 09-17-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengness9
Billups, Rip, and Sheed are all basically done developing. They are older now and especially nowhere near as young as the Bulls core. Hinrich 26, Gordon 24, Deng 22, Thomas 21, Sefolosha 22, Noah 23 or 24. ALL STILL GETTING BETTER, SEE YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS... I PRAY IT HAPPENS.

F 313

And that's the problem. Each one of those players individually have hit their peak, and are no longer improving. Don't get me wrong, they are great players still, but I don't think that their current team has what it takes to win a championship anymore. The Bulls on the other hand, while they miss an offensive post presence as is often discussed, have a young core that is nowhere near to reaching their full potential. Also, the bulls are going to be a team with more experience than last year, and are going to be dangerous. the Pistons basically got exposed by the Cavs and i'm sure all the other eastern teams were taking notes.

Patrick27 09-17-2007 11:52 PM

The Pistons were exposed against Cleveland, but I don't think it's because they've passed their peak. Many Pistons are still playing at a peak level, and some are expanding their games. I believe Chauncey Billups is a better player than he was when he was 2004 Finals MVP, because he's gained a better understanding of the offense and the fluidity of the game. His game is mature, and won't lose much over the next 5 because his game isn't based on athleticism. Rather, he's based on composure and leadership. In this way, he's the same or getting stronger.

Rip Hamilton continues to work out like mad, improving his 3-point shot and adding some additional slashing ability over the last 2 years. His defense is better today than in 2004 as well.

The frontcourt is where there's some trouble. Rasheed has lost 25 pounds since the ECF and seems hungry, but I worry about the rest. McDyess is playing on borrowed time, Maxiell has lost weight, making him look even more undersized, and Nazr Mohammed has been a disappointment from an energy perspective. Detroit has no enforcer since Wallace left, and that's what they desperately need. Lebron James has nothing to fear from taking the ball inside every single play. Wade will go off on Detroit if someone doesn't step up and put him on the floor. The paint was a no-fly zone when Wallace was here, but now it may be one of the weaker paint areas in the NBA. This is very dangerous, considering the Pistons are at their best when we can force opponents into a jumpshooting contest.

Dumars should beg, steal, and plead for a defensive-minded center to fix the gaping hole in the middle. If Camby's still available from Denver for cap relief, make a package and steal him from Denver now! Make Detroit favorites in the East again!

final.wrath 09-18-2007 12:08 AM

no mention of amir johnson or rodney stuckey?

insidehoops 09-21-2007 11:08 AM

The Bulls aren't over the hump yet. Maybe they do it this season, but maybe they stay where they are and get passed by someone again.

The Pistons still seem right there with the best of the east

poeticism707 09-25-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick27
Dumars should beg, steal, and plead for a defensive-minded center to fix the gaping hole in the middle. If Camby's still available from Denver for cap relief, make a package and steal him from Denver now! Make Detroit favorites in the East again!

The Pistons with Camby, Sheed, Billups, and Prince (assuming Rip would be traded) would be the sickest! They would win a title or 2.

Dengness9 09-25-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeticism707
The Pistons with Camby, Sheed, Billups, and Prince (assuming Rip would be traded) would be the sickest! They would win a title or 2.

That would obviously improve the D majorly, but c'mon!!!! Losing Rip would hurt the pistons offensively in so many ways. Rip is the number one guy on offense, w/out him i would say finals contention is even tougher.

Patrick27 09-26-2007 02:40 PM

So don't trade Rip. Trade other guys with short, cheap, or expiring contracts. Heck, add on another pick if Denver wants it. We should expect mid- to late-20's for our pick with this team on the floor. Detroit should be in win-now mode, because our clock is ticking on Sheed, Billups, and Rip.

Denver trades:
Camby

Detroit trades:
Hunter
Mohammed
Maxiell
Afflalo
2008 1st round pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8&te=&cash=7:8

dd24 09-26-2007 03:39 PM

I'd pull the trigger on that trade today if I could. That would almost make the Pistons tougher than they ever had been. Ben Wallace obviously could play some D in the middle but so can Camby. Camby is a threat to score though which would be very interesting to see.

Patrick27 09-26-2007 05:31 PM

I would too, but a Camby trade would demand more than that. We might have to give up Stuckey or Amir to get it done. My trade built from piling up bench players isn't enough to get it done.

I'd be interested to hear from Denver fans what it would take...

dd24 09-26-2007 05:51 PM

The NBA is all about matching salaries, not talent. Who did KG get traded for again? 8 players but I bet without doing a search most people couldn't come close to naming them. I agree they would more than likely want more talent than what was listed but it depends on if Denver's management is looking more for expiring contracts. I would think that is what they want with a combination of younger (cheaper) players. With Carmello, AI, and Martin their cap must be in a tight spot. I would think just some relief and young talent would be all they could take on.

poeticism707 10-03-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
The NBA is all about matching salaries, not talent. Who did KG get traded for again? 8 players but I bet without doing a search most people couldn't come close to naming them. I agree they would more than likely want more talent than what was listed but it depends on if Denver's management is looking more for expiring contracts. I would think that is what they want with a combination of younger (cheaper) players. With Carmello, AI, and Martin their cap must be in a tight spot. I would think just some relief and young talent would be all they could take on.

Excellent points.