Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Quick way to rebuild Nuggets. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5607)

marny_navis 07-18-2006 08:44 PM

Quick way to rebuild Nuggets.

I recently wrote this trade proposal on another topic, but I would like this to get a little more exposure. Tell me what you feel about this trade to rebuild the nuggets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my trade proposal:

Nuggets receive:
G Cuttino Mobley
G Sam Cassell
F Tim Thomas
Option to swap 1st round picks 2007
2007 2nd round pick

Clippers receive:
C/F Kenyon Martin
PG Andre Miller
SG J.R. Smith
Earl Boykins

Coach Dunleavy could set K-Mart and J.R. straight. Andre will be a good career backup to Shaun Livingston and make the bench better. K-Mart would give athleticism next to Elton Brand, and they would make each other better. Smith would give Livingston an option along with Corey Maggette in transition. He would have the opportunity to be a star at SG.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nuggets get a good second option to Carmelo Anthony in Cuttino Mobley, along with great 3 point shooting. Sam Cassell would give Denver the opportunity to win NOW, and Thomas would give another shooter and an option in transition, and Denver would be given the opportunity to trade selections with L.A. in '07 and maybe pick up a PG like Gabe Pruitt of USC. Thomas also takes pressure off Mobley to do all the shooting.

*Another thing I would do if I was Denver is try to get Mike Gansey. I don't know if he is available, but he would also help Denver shoot the ball better.

douglaspuckett12 07-19-2006 07:43 AM

You can bet Andre Miller will never be a Clipper again, they signed himn to his current conract and sent him packing after just one year'' just a couple years back.

Problem with your deal is this, great for Denver but is the Clippers get a bad contract in Martin that will ride the bench. Then they get lesser players at the pg and sg position.

Sorry no dice even in a fantasy world

RedOne 08-15-2006 04:17 PM

Way'ta get the second clue. Almost there.

First they stung you, now they claw you. I didn't know Cats could use pens?

kobedaman24 08-15-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
I recently wrote this trade proposal on another topic, but I would like this to get a little more exposure. Tell me what you feel about this trade to rebuild the nuggets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my trade proposal:

Nuggets receive:
G Cuttino Mobley
G Sam Cassell
F Tim Thomas
Option to swap 1st round picks 2007
2007 2nd round pick

Clippers receive:
C/F Kenyon Martin
PG Andre Miller
SG J.R. Smith
Earl Boykins

Coach Dunleavy could set K-Mart and J.R. straight. Andre will be a good career backup to Shaun Livingston and make the bench better. K-Mart would give athleticism next to Elton Brand, and they would make each other better. Smith would give Livingston an option along with Corey Maggette in transition. He would have the opportunity to be a star at SG.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nuggets get a good second option to Carmelo Anthony in Cuttino Mobley, along with great 3 point shooting. Sam Cassell would give Denver the opportunity to win NOW, and Thomas would give another shooter and an option in transition, and Denver would be given the opportunity to trade selections with L.A. in '07 and maybe pick up a PG like Gabe Pruitt of USC. Thomas also takes pressure off Mobley to do all the shooting.

*Another thing I would do if I was Denver is try to get Mike Gansey. I don't know if he is available, but he would also help Denver shoot the ball better.

Clippers would rather waive Livingston than trade Cassell and Mobley AND Tim Thomas. They dont want Martin. They've got Brand and Martin wants to start.

NugzFan 08-20-2006 09:07 PM

rebuild? rebuild what? we are fine.

ZHAKIDD532 08-20-2006 09:18 PM

cassell is the leader of the clips right now, with brand. They won't trade him. He'll retire a clipper....

Rapsfan4life 08-20-2006 11:05 PM

Denver doesnt need to rebuild, they just need to make a couple moves. They have a solid roster.

kobedaman24 08-21-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
cassell is the leader of the clips right now, with brand. They won't trade him. He'll retire a clipper....

Yeah, I'd give Cassell 3 more years.

benisjamin33 08-21-2006 05:38 AM

i think it is a bad trade for nuggets because they are getting a lot of old guys that are starting to get out of their prime or already are

marny_navis 08-25-2006 11:24 PM

I would love to see the Clips get Cuttino Mobley somehow. Not by this trade, but if they could ship someone off to L.A. and add a couple picks then maybe they would consider. I think that he could be the missing piece of the puzzle and would be a real difference maker.

MJ(Mean John) 08-26-2006 04:46 AM

Denver is fine.......But for Denver to think about a championship.... they NEED to keep K-mart on their roster....work out the diffrences and keep him healthy...they are fine at all positons execpt the sg....which will be filled by jr smith.....or maybe they sign bonzi....if they get bonzi....then they are contenders...why would u want to rebuild....you have alot of pieces...and that trade is bad for both teams....dumb trade...you need shooters....and a sg and you will be fine

pennstate73 08-29-2006 02:27 PM

Hope this is true

JR Smith
His behind-the-back dunk in ’05 was one of the most underrated crams in contest history; no way Smith shouldn’t have gotten a perfect score for that one. We caught JR at Rucker Park a few times this summer, and if what he did up on 155th in Harlem was any indication, NBA rims will be getting the business end of JR’s frustration over his situation with the Hornets.

:cheers:

:bowdown:

Darsh 08-30-2006 01:15 AM

we dont need to rebuild.

we need JR to live up to his potential, or at least provide us with some outside shooting.

All i want is to see boykins traded somehow, for someone who dosnt run down the clock and throw up random bricks from beyond the arc.

marny_navis 08-30-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

we dont need to rebuild.

we need JR to live up to his potential, or at least provide us with some outside shooting.

All i want is to see boykins traded somehow, for someone who dosnt run down the clock and throw up random bricks from beyond the arc.

How about Boykins to Phoenix for one of their first rounders? He would make them even funner to watch. Then, imagine Denver having three picks. They could really build around Carmelo with that.

PFunk 08-31-2006 02:33 PM

not gonna happen..

First the Nugs don't need to rebuild. LA would prob part with Mobley or Thomas, but its unlikely. The Clips are on the rise and they wouldn't want to change things up. Cassell is their veteran leader, so he's staying. Dre Miller won't ever be back in LA, I guarantee it. Plus with LA already having Brand and Kaman in the post, why would they need KMart? Thomas was just signed, so I wouldn't expect him to be dealt unless he eats *&^(* in his first year. Also JR Smith was just acquired, so I would expect Denver to give him a look before dealing him since he has tons of talent and George Karl is the kind of coach that could reach him to elevate his game. The only one in that trade I could see going anywhere is Kenyon..