Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   JJ and Darko (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5631)

AKADS 07-19-2006 01:11 AM

JJ and Darko

Everyone talks about Dwight/Jameer as the 1 - 2 punch in Orlando. I think it will work well because of Jameers ability to get to hoop and dish to Dwight but I am looking just as much to watch Darko devlope his post game and need to be doubled and his ability to hit the 18 - 20 foot shot which will allow him to to play the screen and roll with Jameer and JJ. I think Darko and JJ will either be able to grow together or both will be huge busts. With JJ's lack of athletism he will be very happy to have a shot blocker like Darko behind him. I see these two players as the 2 biggest stars the Magic could have. I think Dwight and Jameer are both good and could get an all star level but i think Darko and JJ could be All NBA type players. Am I completly off or could i be on to something.

ZHAKIDD532 07-19-2006 09:50 AM

dwight howard could be the next moses malone IMO, it's a little early I know, but I'm saying 5-10 years down the line. They do have 4 really good young players for the future. Next year they could look for a top flight SF to complete their starting 5, they will have a lot of cap room in '07.

Raildog 07-19-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobica
Darko will ask for a max contract???:no:

he shouldnt!

i dont think Redick will be All NBA... I like his game but I dont see the ceiling being so high!

I think he will be something similar to Rip Hamilton...

kobedaman24 07-20-2006 04:25 PM

they will be a killer duo

Kiss Murder 07-20-2006 11:04 PM

Easy now, Easy

I really like Darko's chances in being a great player..Alot of potential and hopefully can pan out. I just want to see him get some playing time for phucks sakes.

Markarian 07-24-2006 05:14 PM

Yeah i don't see either of them ever being all nba but i think they will both be two very good players, cant wait for the season to start!

The Italian 07-28-2006 10:16 PM

What is with all this talk of how Darko is so good? What has he done in his career so far? Oh yeah ride the pine. Thats really good.:rollingeyes: JJ will have a solid career but no way will he be 1st team NBA. That is just dumb to think that.

benisjamin33 07-29-2006 01:50 AM

JJ Reddick will be the next steve kerr, with having a point gaurd that can slash and throw off the defense and have a big man that screams double team JJ will have open looks but he doesnt have the stamina like hamilton and reggie miller had or have to be a good as them at using screens. All he will be is jumper kind of guy who will get open looks and at best put up an average of 15 point a game (not his rookie or sophmore year but when he develops)

scp2071 07-29-2006 05:44 AM

JJ and his partner kila J

Man JJ is going to help this team out alot. i think he has a great chane at rookie of the year . He's better than morrison and his kila J is going to be great AND i think that hes going to make the most 3's ever by a rookie then he is going to break other beyond the arc records.

wally_world 07-29-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

I think he will be something similar to Rip Hamilton...

only shooting 10 times better!!!

marny_navis 07-30-2006 02:17 PM

I don't know about them being All NBA. I think that is quite a bit of a reach. But no doubt the talent is there. Dwight Howard/Darko could be a potentially legendary duo. Darko is still learning, but I think Dirk comparison's should still be made. Dwight is a monster down low and will do all the dirty work. I love this 1-2 punch. It's like Kevin Garnett or David Robinson having Dirk playing next to him. We haven't seen a combination of two players down low with the potential to be this great since perhaps Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon. Magic fans should be very excited about the future.