Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   If marion were to become a Jazz.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56411)

lakerfreak 09-20-2007 06:16 PM

If marion were to become a Jazz....

that would really help this team a lot.

Since Marion doesn't create his own shot, the pick N roll that Sloan has this team run becomes much more of a threat especially if teams focus on trying to stop Boozer.

Marion is also an athletic defender. You wouldn't lose much D if AK left.

Im for this trade :cheers:

whatever makes phoenix worse :D

New Jazzy Nets 09-23-2007 01:14 AM

Re: If marion were to become a Jazz....

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
that would really help this team a lot.

Since Marion doesn't create his own shot, the pick N roll that Sloan has this team run becomes much more of a threat especially if teams focus on trying to stop Boozer.

Marion is also an athletic defender. You wouldn't lose much D if AK left.

Im for this trade :cheers:

whatever makes phoenix worse :D

Makes phoenix worse??? sorry they would be better, AK would perform better in the suns system then Marion has, AK is a better defender and just provides more then marion. WHile it is a equalish trade, the suns wouldnt lose much if anything in AK. Allhtough im not sure Marion fits the jazz but i wouldnt mind seeing it happen, if there is no way AK is willing to stay.

pj24lal 09-23-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Makes phoenix worse??? sorry they would be better, AK would perform better in the suns system then Marion has, AK is a better defender and just provides more then marion. WHile it is a equalish trade, the suns wouldnt lose much if anything in AK. Allhtough im not sure Marion fits the jazz but i wouldnt mind seeing it happen, if there is no way AK is willing to stay.

Nah I agree that this move would make the Suns worse - making a team worse of course doesn't rely on player quality, just team playing style and versatility. I do actually think Marion is the better player, and this trade would make the Suns worse, they would lose out on shooting, help D (although AK is just MarionX2 on D), fast breaks and rebounds. Utah would definitely be bettering themselves with this move and if AK is definitely out, this move is ideal.

marny_navis 09-26-2007 10:00 PM

Williams...Marion...Okur...Boozer...some young shooting guard...pretty awesome team, one that should be an even stronger force in the West. Suns I don't think are hurt terribly in this trade, and maybe AK would fit well in the offense.

What's this I hear about Odom/Marion deal? Kobe should be a little happier, and if Bynum continues improving at his rate, then the Laker's may be playoff contenders again, and maybe Shawn Marion could help take Kobe back to the top. That's not too likely, but it's a better shot than with Odom.