Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New NBA 2k8 trailer. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56770)

abuC 09-24-2007 01:40 PM

New NBA 2k8 trailer.

http://next.videogame.it/html/notizia.php?id=46206

:rockon:

IGOTGAME 09-24-2007 02:10 PM

Re: New NBA 2k8 trailer.

Looks great, love how he jumps over the camera man and how Vince does the rev it up thing...

yobore 09-24-2007 02:17 PM

the defender even followed the no look fake lots of details

Pyro 09-24-2007 05:38 PM

2k8 = Best basketball game EVER !!!!

xxxSuperStar 09-24-2007 05:38 PM

Release date?

abuC 09-24-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Release date?

October 2nd.

applejoe 09-24-2007 06:29 PM

NBA Live > NBA 2k aka low-budget B-rated basketball "simulator"

NBA 2k nerds...
- sees wide open shots and dunks clank of the rim and yells "OMG, DIS IS REALISTICISM"
- only uses Dwight Howard until he grabs 10+ rebounds a game so he can "reach his averages
- accidentally scores 10 in a row with Iverson, so he shoots tough shots on purpose to end the game at 40% shooting percentage
- when using the Suns, passes up wide open shots not set up by Nash

IGOTGAME 09-24-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applejoe

NBA 2k nerds...
- sees wide open shots and dunks clank of the rim and yells "OMG, DIS IS REALISTICISM"
- only uses Dwight Howard until he grabs 10+ rebounds a game so he can "reach his averages
- accidentally scores 10 in a row with Iverson, so he shoots tough shots on purpose to end the game at 40% shooting percentage

Im pretty sure every1 rates it over live, whose first review from EGM was a 6.5...

r32soul 09-24-2007 06:37 PM

looks as unrealistic as live... i mean if doing windmills and between the leg dunks in traffic is really REAL...

i dont see the infatuation with 2k, nor do i see that this game is SO much better than live when you are comparing to realism..

Rockets(T-mac) 09-24-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applejoe

NBA 2k nerds...

Ok No one does those things. They should happen by themselves. And how does that make Live better?

LBJ 4 MVP 09-24-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r32soul
looks as unrealistic as live... i mean if doing windmills and between the leg dunks in traffic is really REAL...

i dont see the infatuation with 2k, nor do i see that this game is SO much better than live when you are comparing to realism..

Live is all about Arcadey Run & Gun style gameplay, 2k is all about using strategy, and using players strengths to your advantage.
In Live 07 I can hit 7/10 threes with Kwame Brown for god's sake. In 2k I can't hit 7/10 threes with anyone unless they are really on fire.
In Live 07 I can score 120 with Kobe in 5 minute quarters, without even trying. In 2k, the most I can score with Kobe in 5 minute quarters is 40.
Live is for players that want to rack up the score, 2k is for the players that want to actually play basketball and use strategy, instead of fast break pull up 3 with anyone on the court.

abuC 09-24-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

It's a highlight reel, what were you expecting the Princeton offense? It's really not that easy to dunk in traffic, most people have played the demo can tell you.

B-Low 09-24-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Now I like 2k and definitely agree that its far beyond Live (especially this past year) but i do agree with r32soul on this one. I think people are unfair to Live in some respects. Like I watch that 2k trailer and they're doing things just as unrealistic as Live but people will defend 2k for it and make excuses for them. Like i see people catching oops from 10 feet out with 3 defenders in front of them and doing between the leg dunks on 2 defenders and that's the kind of stuff where if Live had that in a trailer everyone would be crying for its destruction

That said 2k > Live anyway lol

adamcz 09-24-2007 07:32 PM

B-Low have you played the 2k demo? I don't understand how you are seeing crazy oops in traffic, when I've seen nothing of the sort. The guy who made this trailer compiled the craziest moves he could find after many many hours of playing. It's not as if you see that stuff every game.

WuTangWizard 09-24-2007 07:41 PM

Have they released the ratings yet?