Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2008 Draft Prospect Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57010)

marny_navis 09-26-2007 08:52 PM

2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
This is a thread for the 2008 Draft. Obviously, it's still going to be a long time until we get both a good idea who the good prospects will be and (maybe not so long a time) where the Sonics fit in the draft. I don't expect this topic to gain too much ground to start off the season, but it'd be nice to have one main topic like this to talk about the upcoming draft and it's pool of players. Post any videos that you can find if you have the chance, and share your favorite prospects.

Also, this can be a topic to discuss any UFA's that you think the Sonic's or another team should sign. And, if it's not too much to ask, could you sticky this RBP?

Thanks.

marny_navis 09-26-2007 09:36 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
These videos are of my favorite prospect so far, Roy Hibbert. These videos show Hibbert's low post scoring, mid-range scoring, and shotblocking ability. All three of these attributes would help the Sonics franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUJ4-uy1dk Roy Hibbert against Notre Dame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyw-pg6BOQY Roy Hibbert at Villanova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5_Z8Ae3K8 Roy Hibbert at Louisville

Durant35 09-27-2007 03:39 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
I would like them to pick a point guard in the 2008 NBA Draft that can run our teams offense and i think Jeryd Bayless fits that description.


Jerryd Bayless Arizona



Birthday:8/20/1988

NBA : Class of 2008

Postion:PG/SG
Class: Freshman
Ht:6-3
Wt:182
College Team:Arizona
Hometown:Phoenix, AZHigh School:St. Marys

NBA Comparison: Gilbert Arenas

Strengths: In a word: special. Bayless combines incredible speed, quickness and athleticism with a high level of intelligence and composure ... Winners mentality ... He really excels on the offensive end of the floor with his scoring ability ... Has an extra gear blowing by defenders with ease, and needs just an inch of daylight to get his jumpshot off ... Excellent body strength for his age ... He understands how to create shots for himself and has incredible leaping ability ... Very strong offensively, great form on his shot ... Plays with a high level of intensity ... Good defender, team player. Has leadership ability ...

Weaknesses: Must become better at running the PG position ... More of a scoring point, but his PG abilities are improving ... Can be prone to trying to do too much, must be more patient and composed ... Still hasn't sustained himself as an elite level player for an extended period of time ...

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHYd40OFTXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtIER8Ba6tA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHYd40OFTXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9fzN...elated&search=[/quote]


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGEaBHc24GA


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QJQZ7F3gc

marny_navis 10-01-2007 05:33 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Wow he's pretty good. He'd draw alot of attention off of KD. Sonics will probably be top 3, but if they get somewhere around pick 5 or 6 and Mayo and the rest of the top tier are gone, then I could see them possibly taking him. Bad thing for him is he's in a draft filled with scoring guards unless some of them stay in school, which I think he will do.

RainierBeachPoet 10-01-2007 07:47 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
its tough for me the think about the 2008 draft -- esp since we need veteran help

Lebron23 10-02-2007 06:32 AM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Wow he's pretty good. He'd draw alot of attention off of KD. Sonics will probably be top 3, but if they get somewhere around pick 5 or 6 and Mayo and the rest of the top tier are gone, then I could see them possibly taking him. Bad thing for him is he's in a draft filled with scoring guards unless some of them stay in school, which I think he will do.


He is the next Jason Kidd, a much better offensive player than Kidd.

marny_navis 10-02-2007 05:01 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
:bowdown: :cheers: :D edited post will just draw smileys instead:banana: :oldlol: :lol:

Durant35 11-26-2007 11:06 AM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
:bowdown: :cheers: :D edited post will just draw smileys instead:banana: :oldlol: :lol:



It looks like Bayless is doing good in the NCAA Tournament, and me thinks he will be the next best PG of your team since Gary Payton.

PPG 18.4 | APG 5.2 | RPG 4.4


http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36075

BBallGuru08 11-26-2007 12:47 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
The Sonics need to find a way to get Durant in at the 3 instead of a 2. Playing him as a shooting guard takes him away from the basket and it nearly neutralizes one of his strengths which is rebounding. He should be a 7-8 rebound player in the league and he's a 4.5 right now after chipping in 11 a game in college.


OJ Mayo - 6'5 PG/SG - USC
NBA Comparison - Dwayne Wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzPeGoJvnKc

Nicholas Batum - 6'8 SG/SF - France
NBA Comparison - Joe Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akr4jxCARXk

KennyWaynezGurl 11-26-2007 12:57 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Lookin for ma agent!:roll: :party:

marny_navis 11-26-2007 09:22 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
The Sonics need to find a way to get Durant in at the 3 instead of a 2. Playing him as a shooting guard takes him away from the basket and it nearly neutralizes one of his strengths which is rebounding. He should be a 7-8 rebound player in the league and he's a 4.5 right now after chipping in 11 a game in college.


OJ Mayo - 6'5 PG/SG - USC
NBA Comparison - Dwayne Wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzPeGoJvnKc

Nicholas Batum - 6'8 SG/SF - France
NBA Comparison - Joe Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akr4jxCARXk


Batum's intriguing to me, Mayo's a meh.

RainierBeachPoet 11-27-2007 04:42 PM

Re: 2008 Draft Prospect Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
its tough for me the think about the 2008 draft -- esp since we need veteran help


:pimp::pimp::pimp:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy